RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
We're Doomed

Interesting

I was just having a look at today's Addington results.  I was amazed to see only one winner on Cup Day paid more than $4.50, five paid $1.70 or less, and one stable won eight races. As someone who was used to Addington in the 80s and now predominantly a galloping punter it is certainly a different ball game these days. I notice on another thread here everyone seemed delighted with the short priced winners; a bit like having  Winx in every race. Do people really enjoy having red-hots dominant every race?  What impact does it have on turnover? How is it that every class of race seems to have one super dominant horse? And how is it that one stable seems to be totally dominant? These are all serious questions from someone looking on with interest. Obviously you have to adjust your style of betting totally compared to thoroughbred racing and not bother with any concept of value.

57 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

I was just having a look at today's Addington results.  I was amazed to see only one winner on Cup Day paid more than $4.50, five paid $1.70 or less, and one stable won eight races. As someone who was used to Addington in the 80s and now predominantly a galloping punter it is certainly a different ball game these days. I notice on another thread here everyone seemed delighted with the short priced winners; a bit like having  Winx in every race. Do people really enjoy having red-hots dominant every race?  What impact does it have on turnover? How is it that every class of race seems to have one super dominant horse? And how is it that one stable seems to be totally dominant? These are all serious questions from someone looking on with interest. Obviously you have to adjust your style of betting totally compared to thoroughbred racing and not bother with any concept of value.

100 -1 shot in first got the meeting off to an interesting start.

9 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

On the contrary the value these days in Harness racing come Cup week centres on the AS team . They won 8/12 yesterday and whilst they were mostly favs the exotics provided plenty of reward for the faithful IMHO.

Call me old fashioned but i'd far rather unload on a winning 1.80 shot than back something to beat them at 5's which runs second.