RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Fartoomuch

All Stars Cup Week

10 hours ago, Spikecity said:

A bit harsh - 17 runners and they have a win ( in almost a maiden field) and one 2nd. You must be easily pleased. I won't quote the Allstars tally for the day.

Just seen this Spikecity, i was extracting the urine a bit:rcfe-smile:. Hope i did not offend you or anyone else with my comments. As for his 5 cup runners, well, enough said no :rcf-rich: for their connections, just bills

Purdon team were outstanding winning 8 out the 9 races they contested. Cant see that being beaten for many a year.

Greg

11 hours ago, richie said:

Funniest post ever

Lets disqualify horses for people wanting to win

I agree Ritchie

I see another poster  going off about this elsewhere. But, if my memory serves me correctly he hates current whip rules and says they should never have been brought in . Now he says throw the winner out because NR broke the rule he vehemently opposes. Pretty sure driver of second horse copped 1K fine as well so using his theory Dream about Me should have won. Sometimes people are just not on the money in terms of consistency.

Greg

It was Nats 2nd offence in about 10 days and she has had several prior whereas Todd M was offending for the first time, so there lies the difference in the penalties awarded.

I would hate to think her penalty for another offence in the next three months but as a guess it would have to be something like 3 months on the sideline.

Horses definitely run for her but watch Mark on his drives especially Jesse Duke - a class act who doesn't need to flog the horse to get the best out of them.

8 hours ago, Iraklis said:

Dkc, ahh didn't Kerryn M get copped for excessive use on Arden Rooney 2015? was she disqualified? and that was alot worse than Nat, watch replay! and how come no mention of Tiger's driver? he admitted same breach and in your terms 'cheated' and ran 2nd! has Nat been disqualified? what you should be askin is how come both drivers admitted same breach but Nat gets suspended and fined, the other gets a fine (a naughty boy don't do it again slap on the wrist) FFS what yuh moanin about really? no one cheated! in the heat of battle both drivers wanted to win! simple! Nat and Fixer won it! get over it.....

Shad, these days the driver is on a hidin to nothin, damned if yuh do damned if yuh don't.....

Tassie mate, I guess with AllStars it's the consistency of their performances 8- 1sts, 4- 2nds, 2- 3rds, races 1, 5 & 6 they didn't have any entered, and in the last well goddammit they were fricken hopeless! :rcfe-happy-3: whew, cheez, kinda think they were entitled given the bloody busy, hopeless day they just had :rcfe-happy-2: 

Cheers Iraklis

Agree, you can't  win either way and the whip rules are dumb, what I don't like to see is stablemates in a lead trail scenario, especially  in big races, I just don't think it looks good for racing, whoever the stable is. Just my thoughts.

Shad mate same applies there to, what are they gunna do seriously, if several runners from one stable end up all vyin for front what are they gunna do? pull back and allow someone from the opposition to pass them and take the position, because it don't look good, nahhhh don't think so :rcfe-smile: they'd be in the gun for it, before you could say gotcha.....they all have a responsibility to drive/race their horse on its merits, regardless of who or what stable they are from, each horse has to be driven for the best possible outcome for that individual horse, regardless of where it ends up in the runnin be that following a stablemate or no......

Cheers Iraklis

8 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

Just seen this Spikecity, i was extracting the urine a bit:rcfe-smile:. Hope i did not offend you or anyone else with my comments. As for his 5 cup runners, well, enough said no :rcf-rich: for their connections, just bills

Purdon team were outstanding winning 8 out the 9 races they contested. Cant see that being beaten for many a year.

Greg

Really ......8 out 9 !

And how much was it to enter the Cup ?

I'm unsure .....but I know it is a very expensive hobby Horse Ownership.

I dabble in a few and the greatest thrill is to have one perform at Group 1 level.

Followed by having a starter in Group 1 races especially on Jewels day or during cup week.

Followed by having a winner...anywhere.

Followed by .......thats it ,there are no thrills after that ,just bills.

If the bills concern you or you are a bad loser don't become an owner....this is the main reason why so many people sell.

They see the numbers and face reality.

I had a share in horse which finished well back on Cup day ,but there wasn't much happening for the horse , so I suggested to trainer he line up on Cup day so I could prance around with my owners ticket,get a free ticket in and rub shoulders with other participants.I guess I am a loser.

But Congrats to all owners who won ,especially the Kennard's who have won 3 x NZ Cups in a row......the kid from Shirley....they put in so deserve it.

Shame on any one who is jealous...they put in and deserve it ,have a lot of horses with many trainers.

Well done !

I note Tiger Tara now everyones favourite......was NZ /Chch owned but sold for whatever reason.......I hope the owners who sold don't get the raspberry like Christen Me and Lazarus' owners got .

Tasman, you aint a loser at least you still in there whackin away with your horse, who cares you enjoy your harness racer mate you just never know.....yep agree shame on the jealousites alot of people with good horses have put in and done so for many years, people forget that.....mate Tiger T was sold some time ago and is now an aussie, another good solid Kiwibred brought back here to try an plunder our Cup :rcfe-happy-2: and any other races aimed at, but, we have the AllStars and their mighty stable of harness racers standin in the road so goodluck with that ;) but we also have alot of other bloody good ones ready to take on the fight as well, maybe not all of em stars but can do damage just as well as the others if given the chance......

Much goodluck to you with your horse mate.....

Cheers Iraklis

1 hour ago, tasman man 11 said:

Really ......8 out 9 !

And how much was it to enter the Cup ?

I'm unsure .....but I know it is a very expensive hobby Horse Ownership.

I dabble in a few and the greatest thrill is to have one perform at Group 1 level.

Followed by having a starter in Group 1 races especially on Jewels day or during cup week.

Followed by having a winner...anywhere.

Followed by .......thats it ,there are no thrills after that ,just bills.

If the bills concern you or you are a bad loser don't become an owner....this is the main reason why so many people sell.

They see the numbers and face reality.

I had a share in horse which finished well back on Cup day ,but there wasn't much happening for the horse , so I suggested to trainer he line up on Cup day so I could prance around with my owners ticket,get a free ticket in and rub shoulders with other participants.I guess I am a loser.

But Congrats to all owners who won ,especially the Kennard's who have won 3 x NZ Cups in a row......the kid from Shirley....they put in so deserve it.

Shame on any one who is jealous...they put in and deserve it ,have a lot of horses with many trainers.

Well done !

I note Tiger Tara now everyones favourite......was NZ /Chch owned but sold for whatever reason.......I hope the owners who sold don't get the raspberry like Christen Me and Lazarus' owners got .

Yes really Tasman Man. Fact is that's what  happened, they won 8/9 and Dunn won one and im hearing he pissed off a few owners off as well with his attitude recently.

3 hours ago, Newmarket said:

Yes really Tasman Man. Fact is that's what  happened, they won 8/9 and Dunn won one and im hearing he pissed off a few owners off as well with his attitude recently.

Really ?

On the track has had an OK season to date....a clear second on table with OK UDR ,and two excellent Group 1 placings.

Is this mother - law - research , or what a friend of your neighbour told ya.

I've never known such negativity from Canterbury folk than at the moment.

This is Cup week.....did you like it more when the Northern horses came down and plundered all the races.

You booed John Harts horse ,cursed GSmall's horse and now that a simple Shirley Boy is winning the cup its all doom and gloom.

Folk are posting Grey Way and No Response videos  from the 70's to feel better.

Moaning about gate charges , allstar brilliance ,poor facilities ......its Cup week !

Racing has never been so closely scrutinised as in recent years.

And the 9 degrees has improved from Friday.

On 11/13/2018 at 10:12 PM, eljay said:

McCarthy also fined a thou.    So what would you expect in the country's biggest race - neck & neck with whips  securely tucked away.     And drivers fined for not driving their horse out.      Stupid isn't it?     Come on HRNZ - the regulation should be changed to allow drivers more latitude in group races  - say one & half or double the number of "whip uses"  permissible.      Oh yes, sorry greenies, forgot about the horses arses - any case at worst they should make strikes on shafts and dust sheets permissible.   

Got to watch those greenies, trying to shut the whitebaiting down now,

16 hours ago, tasman man 11 said:

Really ?

On the track has had an OK season to date....a clear second on table with OK UDR ,and two excellent Group 1 placings.

Is this mother - law - research , or what a friend of your neighbour told ya.

I've never known such negativity from Canterbury folk than at the moment.

This is Cup week.....did you like it more when the Northern horses came down and plundered all the races.

You booed John Harts horse ,cursed GSmall's horse and now that a simple Shirley Boy is winning the cup its all doom and gloom.

Folk are posting Grey Way and No Response videos  from the 70's to feel better.

Moaning about gate charges , allstar brilliance ,poor facilities ......its Cup week !

Racing has never been so closely scrutinised as in recent years.

And the 9 degrees has improved from Friday.

Yes really. As for the rest of your blurb its not worth replying to

I'm loving cup week, weather is great and catch up with lots of mates. Whats even more exciting is that im in front on the punt thus far . Given there are two meetings to go im still a chance to lose it all but i wont be backing off. Its FTM's shout so that will be fun for all of us.

I hope you enjoy the next 2 days as much as i do.

2 hours ago, Newmarket said:

Yes really. As for the rest of your blurb its not worth replying to

I'm loving cup week, weather is great and catch up with lots of mates. Whats even more exciting is that im in front on the punt thus far . Given there are two meetings to go im still a chance to lose it all but i wont be backing off. Its FTM's shout so that will be fun for all of us.

I hope you enjoy the next 2 days as much as i do.

Really......my blurbs ,I believe are rather good !

Pleased you doing well........I didn't know you old enough to bet ,or does your mother put on your bets ?:rcfe-happy-2::rcfe-happy-2:

On 11/15/2018 at 6:00 PM, tasman man 11 said:

Really......my blurbs ,I believe are rather good !

Pleased you doing well........I didn't know you old enough to bet ,or does your mother put on your bets ?:rcfe-happy-2::rcfe-happy-2:

That bold bit might sum you up- you dont know much, let alone anything about Newmarket. Mother died 10 years ago but thanks for the reminder 

Go the AS team tomorrow and lets see  and appreciate some really good horseflesh.