RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Taku Umanga

Auckland Trotting Club bans drivers from talking to each other on track

Is that just verbally or does it include sign language? This is ridiculous, as if they are going to rig a race then they will do it before going on to the track. I am sure even new race goers wont be concerned about seeing drivers chatting as it is a natural thing to do before a race.

In the wake of recent events it seems bizarre and negative that industry participant themselves don't act to clean up or actively pursue ways to ensure illegal activity / practices never take place. At the moment industry participants are sitting ducks for investigation and hearsay yet do NOTHING to front foot issues that effect them. Why? most probably because the perceived strength of the industry (the sense of community and family) is actually also it's Achilles heel. Everyone seems to have their little place in it and they carry on oblivious to everything else.

Looking at the November/December Trials/Workouts schedule appears that Alex Park now for race meetings only - they used to have trials before their big meetings but that appears to be a thing of the past.      Visiting horses can no longer "see" the park under competitive conditions.    What an utter waste of an expensive facility - only in use about 35 to 40 times a year.      Looks like racing runs a poor third behind real estate and boozy functions with the ATC.     

What a joke!   "Another item that the ATC has decided to action into our racing policy is for no talking between drivers once horses have entered onto the track prior to race commencement. At a time when we need to be highlighting and promoting the integrity in our sport, the ATC have decided that there is no need for drivers to be talking to each other once on track (in all instances other than where a driver needs to communicate with another due to an immediate safety issue" So drivers can't talk on track,yet the 'alleged' race fixing drivers are all back driving,shows real integrity!! 

Conversely, I do feel their endeavour for all horses to parade in book number order is commendable and something I have maintained should not have been discarded in the past.      Gives a more professional look than a bunch of horses milling around willy nilly.    I also hope they go further (and back to the past too) where horses are announced over the speaker as they go onto the track for the feature races.

Really the drivers should thumb there nose at the new etc rule,can't fine them all. I see this as a riu matter.the atc are happy for drivers to be interviewed pre race.they going to stop that. ?This is going too far.who made this DECISION? Who recommended this...

Have their been complaints.these rules need to be nz wide not just a one track rule.in my view getting more horses is a more important.8 races Friday. The drivers should unite and stop this shit. 

It reminds me of a proposal where trainers had to wear suits.

ATC would be or should be able to put a remit to conference along these lines if they wanted a rule change during horses on the track for a race or during the race. People Ive spoken to including galloping trainers think this is honestly a joke. Did this slip through the Committee late 1 night when the participants were A. not listening, B needed to take their medication, or C. had opened the liquor cabinet a little early. Harness Racing has many administrators these days who lack the most important attribute of all,,...... COMMONSENSE. :rcf-embarrassed-3:

Maybe they should of managed the build in this “ micro management “ way and they would not be in the hole they are or about to be in !

ATC trust one of their own with milions but don’t trust hard working low to average income earning drivers with having chat .

Bizzare !