RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Red Rum

Jungle Cat Form Comment TAB

A good few of the runners in big sprint tomorrow not been down Flemington straight before however only Jungle Cat gets this mentioned , iam bemused why, comment as follows " better suited back to this trip but hasn't raced down the straight". I took this to mean it's a negative.

Jungle Cat is 6 years old to Northern time , he made his racecourse debut at Ayr in May 2014 as a 2 year old, 23 races later as a 5 year old in July 2017 he first navigated a bend in his racing career at Chester , a career that had taken him to Dubai and back. He has raced 32 times in total and taken a bend only 7 times .He has run past the km long stand at Meydan on World Cup night , the straight isn't a negative , not saying  he will win but seems odd compared to other first timers in race that probably haven't raced in straight line before.

Still not as bad as " locally trained " in Singapore comments. 

Jungle Cat’s sire is Iffraaj and he is likely to be the 3rd stallion by Iffraaj to be available to Australian / NZ Breeders in 2019.

With Amanzar also from Iffraaj’ s sire line , the Haunui stallion is certainly a breed shaper and NZ is lucky to have him available to local breeders. 

Also note the Flemington Group 3 staying win yesterday by Jaameh  also by Iffraaj. He leaves them all with Malt a leading contender to win the NZ 1000 Guineas next Saturday. He is NZ’s best international stallion

On 11/11/2018 at 4:28 AM, WOODBINE said:

Jungle Cat’s sire is Iffraaj and he is likely to be the 3rd stallion by Iffraaj to be available to Australian / NZ Breeders in 2019.

With Amanzar also from Iffraaj’ s sire line , the Haunui stallion is certainly a breed shaper and NZ is lucky to have him available to local breeders. 

Also note the Flemington Group 3 staying win yesterday by Jaameh  also by Iffraaj. He leaves them all with Malt a leading contender to win the NZ 1000 Guineas next Saturday. He is NZ’s best international stallion

I don’t think Australasian breeders know how lucky we are to have a stallion of this calibre in our backyard.  They sprint, they stay, they have great pace....and he offers an amazing outcross for all those Danehill line mares.

I’m lucky to own a beautiful Iffraaj mare who unfortunately broke down several time without the opportunity to show her amazing speed.  I have no doubt crossed with a Danehill line stallion she will produce a lovely horse.

But I’m also frustrated that owners and of course, those dedicated followers of fashion who love spending other people’s money, don’t seem to want to pay money for them at the yearling sales. Yes, I know they are not overwhelming types as yearling....but experienced agents /trainers should have the eye to pick them.  It must be gut wrenching for Haunui to know Breeders won’t send top class mares to this internationally rated stallion because the yearling don’t bring money in the ring...but as we know it’s fashion, not necessarily performance, that sells.

Oh what a completely stuffed up industry it is...

10 hours ago, La Zip said:

I don’t think Australasian breeders know how lucky we are to have a stallion of this calibre in our backyard.  They sprint, they stay, they have great pace....and he offers an amazing outcross for all those Danehill line mares.

I’m lucky to own a beautiful Iffraaj mare who unfortunately broke down several time without the opportunity to show her amazing speed.  I have no doubt crossed with a Danehill line stallion she will produce a lovely horse.

But I’m also frustrated that owners and of course, those dedicated followers of fashion who love spending other people’s money, don’t seem to want to pay money for them at the yearling sales. Yes, I know they are not overwhelming types as yearling....but experienced agents /trainers should have the eye to pick them.  It must be gut wrenching for Haunui to know Breeders won’t send top class mares to this internationally rated stallion because the yearling don’t bring money in the ring...but as we know it’s fashion, not necessarily performance, that sells.

Oh what a completely stuffed up industry it 

His half brother Farraaj was only two pounds off him at best in UK , ran a  blinder few years back in Mackinnon when he flew in for it, remember it as backed him, got stuck wide Atzeni couldn't or wouldn't get him in ended up 3rd, was few years back so bit hazy . Farraaj 9 years old and a gelding now still racing in middle east , ran last in Abu Dhabi on Friday.

Iffraaj got a number running over sticks in UK  , not many good ones bar Charbel who is  a very handy 2 mile chaser mixing it with best.