RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Dockers

Iron Horses

3 hours ago, Taku Umanga said:

Danke (11yo) has had 237 starts for 12 wins and 47 placings ($125,983) - still going strong and likely to start twice Friday night at Cambridge.

He clocked up 55 starts last season earning $40K. The ranking system is perfect for horses like him - he's R41! Another horse with endurance in Race 1 at Cambridge is Burt Munroe in his 9th season of racing - not as high earning as Danke but still paying his way and giving enjoyment to his owners. However, it is tough on the average newbie and their owners - if it doesn't freak out with these experienced trotters storming past at standing starts and wins a piddling low stake race early in its career, it can be a long time before owners get another cheque as the horse may have rocketed up to R56 and be handicapped out of it.

4 hours ago, Fartoomuch said:

Try this to answer your question and have a look at a first starter thread whose 9 yrs old

DESTREOS NZ
458 Starts
100 wins
137 placvings
1:51.9MS
2003 Began racing
$819,749
Astreos CA
Melvin's Speed (NZ)

458  starts just blows my mind. What a horse. Endurance plus. Just checked my old favourite the original iron horse idol scott who had 219 starts. 46 wins. Great memories at the park in the 80s.

a bit more on destreos. was mostly racing in queensland but the owner/trainer moved to tasmania and last season he raced at launceston and devonport tracks mainly. Because he races every week on the trip to Tasmania he stopped off at several trot tracks to race on the road trip (paying his way)south. It looks like they were hoping for the 100th win and now he has been retired as he would be 15 now. last start august 2018.:rcf-laughing:

On 11/8/2018 at 6:21 PM, Dockers said:

458  starts just blows my mind. What a horse. Endurance plus. Just checked my old favourite the original iron horse idol scott who had 219 starts. 46 wins. Great memories at the park in the 80s.

Idol Scott would be the pick of the "iron horses" because he raced in town hall company most of his career. There was no rating system back then, once you reached cup class you stayed there. Idol Scott raced against, and beat, some of New Zealand's greatest ever trotters, he was never disgraced.