RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
john legend

favourite compere/comedian sums up Cup

I know who will win the cup now that M,G. has worked out that Tiger Tara has no chance and the Bookies are stupid in keeping it fav. All based on draws. Must be a flying mile where draws are paramount. No I checked its still a stand/ 3200 mtre test. The stand start at Addington esp Cup day becomes  a lottery and after 100 metres horses can end up in any order. 1 important asset is a horse that has huge experience and can handle pressure eg. TT. :rcfe-smile:

I know MG annoys a section of the community. I did chuckle at the weekend myself when he wrote off a galloper carrying over 60kg in a race based on weight alone.

BUT I enjoy listening to him. He is passionate and knowledgeable and perhaps most importantly is willing to state his position and live or die by them. That's what I want from an analyst/tipster/presenter etc etc etc.

I found the comments last night on his view of the market etc thought provoking  (and TBF  I think he was saying TT is too short rather than no chance)

Just my view and one of the beauties of racing is all our opinions differ. A tote would be a pretty useless thing if we didnt.

Col

9 minutes ago, chelseacol said:

I know MG annoys a section of the community. I did chuckle at the weekend myself when he wrote off a galloper carrying over 60kg in a race based on weight alone.

BUT I enjoy listening to him. He is passionate and knowledgeable and perhaps most importantly is willing to state his position and live or die by them. That's what I want from an analyst/tipster/presenter etc etc etc.

I found the comments last night on his view of the market etc thought provoking  (and TBF  I think he was saying TT is too short rather than no chance)

Just my view and one of the beauties of racing is all our opinions differ. A tote would be a pretty useless thing if we didnt.

Col

He possibly wrote one off earlier carrying 59 but it was a WFA race

8 hours ago, john legend said:

I know who will win the cup now that M,G. has worked out that Tiger Tara has no chance and the Bookies are stupid in keeping it fav. All based on draws. Must be a flying mile where draws are paramount. No I checked its still a stand/ 3200 mtre test. The stand start at Addington esp Cup day becomes  a lottery and after 100 metres horses can end up in any order. 1 important asset is a horse that has huge experience and can handle pressure eg. TT. :rcfe-smile:

I do not see how anyone can fault what MG had to say re the cup. He is quite right in his assessment on the odds re T Tara and how the TAB has it wrong when comparing what the Aussie bookies are offering - $7.

Personally even if he drew the front line I don't think TT would win with the Blue Army having so many talented performers in the race and I do think they will quinella or trifecta the race.

I am surprised that there were no comments about the lesser performed runners getting a start - I think they diminish the status of the race.

The Dunn army may well be a force too - nah I am just joking. I would be embarrassed lining up a couple of theirs  

13 minutes ago, Spikecity said:

I do not see how anyone can fault what MG had to say re the cup. He is quite right in his assessment on the odds re T Tara and how the TAB has it wrong when comparing what the Aussie bookies are offering - $7.

Personally even if he drew the front line I don't think TT would win with the Blue Army having so many talented performers in the race and I do think they will quinella or trifecta the race.

I am surprised that there were no comments about the lesser performed runners getting a start - I think they diminish the status of the race.

The Dunn army may well be a force too - nah I am just joking. I would be embarrassed lining up a couple of theirs  

Ill give him his dues in that he will criticise his employer if he thinks they are wrong which makes  a change for Trackside. He wont however have a go about the overall quality of the field presumably because he has to deal with trainer/drivers on a regular basis

If M Purdon trained horse wins he will join an illustrious group who have trained 6 NZ cup winners.

Good luck with the the Dunn's 5 pack, must be some sort of record and the owners can always use the old chestnut that they had a runner in the 2018 Cup

4 hours ago, Spikecity said:

He is crying because he wanted to back Tiger Tara. If he wanted to back anything else he would be loving the short odds on Tiger Tara as the odds on the others are inflated with TT taking all the money.

1 hour ago, MisterEd said:

He is crying because he wanted to back Tiger Tara. If he wanted to back anything else he would be loving the short odds on Tiger Tara as the odds on the others are inflated with TT taking all the money.

TT is taking all the money because quite simply he is the best horse in the race, The toughest, the fastest and can reel off the fastest quarter. What else does he need. People trying to find odds to beat him are clutching at straws

32 minutes ago, harewood said:

TT is taking all the money because quite simply he is the best horse in the race, The toughest, the fastest and can reel off the fastest quarter. What else does he need. People trying to find odds to beat him are clutching at straws

I see it is in to 6.00 already in Aussie. $7.00 was ridiculous overs

On 11/8/2018 at 9:29 PM, MisterEd said:

I see it is in to 6.00 already in Aussie. $7.00 was ridiculous overs

Closing price was $4.00 fixed in Aussie and $4.20 in New Zealand. NZ TAB must have a good giggle every time Mick attacks them in the media and on the box seat and gets it wrong.