RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Fartoomuch

Melbourne Cup Punting Sucesses

Every year i and am sure others get told of great wins on the cup.They may be with the winning punter or hear about them from reliable sources.

This years version saw a Keri Keri resident i know spend 1100 on easy bets which netted him 1650. He promptly walk into local pub tab and put it all on his horse in the 1st today at Avondale. The suspense is killing him but all the best to Angry and co owners

News also filtered my way of a certain RC poster who  grossed  just over 3 K after getting Tri and Q multiple times

Anyone else have any similar stories to relate

32 minutes ago, Fartoomuch said:

Every year i and am sure others get told of great wins on the cup.They may be with the winning punter or hear about them from reliable sources.

This years version saw a Keri Keri resident i know spend 1100 on easy bets which netted him 1650. He promptly walk into local pub tab and put it all on his horse in the 1st today at Avondale. The suspense is killing him but all the best to Angry and co owners

News also filtered my way of a certain RC poster who  grossed  just over 3 K after getting Tri and Q multiple times

Anyone else have any similar stories to relate

Good play on words and home it rolled- thanks

I did my arse.

Then watching the replay on the news I thought "Wait, didn't I have Ventura Storm (10th) to finish Top 10?". No, I had it for Top 5.

Then yesterday my account balance looked a bit healthier than I thought it should've. Turns out I'd forgotten about a boxed multi I placed in August which had Cross Counter to win.

So in the end I made a small loss. But I got good value out of the race excitement-wise; after watching the race live I still got to sweat the replay, AND I got the buzz of backing the winner a day later.

Hijacking thread with a nearly tale

Got the First Four last year off more or less boxing up 7. This year I had 9 picks and 8 of the 9 ran top 9 .. and the 9th pick was Magic Circle who had heart troubles.

I missed Rostropovich (5th).

Despite that still managed to miss the First Four. Left Cross Counter in for places only as I had some early tickets on him anyway and didn't much like the rain for him. 

Kew Gardens would have run this awfully close if he had come over.