RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Fartoomuch

Aiden O'Brien

20 minutes ago, Fartoomuch said:

3 of his horses in a 7 mio  race and he is not bothering to attend. Is off to Caribbean for a holiday. What does that tell you about him and his  horses?

He's probably gone to Sandy Lane in Barbados,  looks a nice place to  chill out .Owned by Magniers and other Coolmore partners Inc JP McManus.  He is a driven man, supervising a huge string of multi million dollar horses travelling the globe. Melb Cup his second tier horses that have in most part been onsold, he has his new  intake of yearlings , a backlog of two year olds he couldn't get a run into because of illness in yard to sort and by his standards a disappointing Breeders Cup with big number of runners  to sort on arrival home so probably needs a short spell by poolside with a few rums.

Prizemoney secondary in their business .Would have been mad busy time, yearling sales around world , horses being sent around World,  horses to sell on at end 3 year old season , horses to keep it goes on, those to pass onto his son for over sticks.

Shows confidence in his travelling man out here to do the business, no micro managing , that's best boss imho.

16 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

He's probably gone to Sandy Lane in Barbados,  looks a nice place to  chill out .Owned by Magniers and other Coolmore partners Inc JP McManus.  He is a driven man, supervising a huge string of multi million dollar horses travelling the globe. Melb Cup his second tier horses that have in most part been onsold, he has his new  intake of yearlings , a backlog of two year olds he couldn't get a run into because of illness in yard to sort and by his standards a disappointing Breeders Cup with big number of runners  to sort on arrival home so probably needs a short spell by poolside with a few rums.

Prizemoney secondary in their business .Would have been mad busy time, yearling sales around world , horses being sent around World,  horses to sell on at end 3 year old season , horses to keep it goes on, those to pass onto his son for over sticks.

Shows confidence in his travelling man out here to do the business, no micro managing , that's best boss imho.

Yeah, life's a bitch being Aiden O'Brien, not knowing where his next meal is coming from or when to catch the next bus to the welfare office.:rcfe-laughing:

1 hour ago, Red Rum said:

The bold bit probably sums up  O'Brien's attitude. None of them likely to be on a plane home as Lloyd probably in the queue already with a few on his tail. AO as you say probably needs a break in the Caribbean after Breeders Cup results.The mare was fantastic and now holds the double in the same year

9 minutes ago, Fartoomuch said:

The bold bit probably sums up  O'Brien's attitude. None of them likely to be on a plane home as Lloyd probably in the queue already with a few on his tail. AO as you say probably needs a break in the Caribbean after Breeders Cup results.The mare was fantastic and now holds the double in the same year

Enable's formline last four runs  pretty good FTM,the  following wins  Arc then All weather Kempton then Arc again then Breeders Cup. 

3 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

Enable's formline last four runs  pretty good FTM,the  following wins  Arc then All weather Kempton then Arc again then Breeders Cup. 

I know , just plain amazing especially the Kempton Park win!!!:rcfe-happy-1:

Used to go there on Boxing day to watch Dessie jump a few hoops and pay for Christmas and NY for that matter.

11 minutes ago, Fartoomuch said:

I know , just plain amazing especially the Kempton Park win!!!:rcfe-happy-1:

Used to go there on Boxing day to watch Dessie jump a few hoops and pay for Christmas and NY for that matter.

Of course the Kempton all weather  win  the best FTM .

Christmas Day , presents , Turkey,  Queens Speech  then Boxing Day Racing Post , do form , watch Dessie win in that order. Sandown my second home back in day and saw Dessie many times there.Saw him get beaten as a  young horse in novice hurdle over 2mile 5 in Dec 83, he was a bloody tearaway then .Had nearly been killed at Kempton couple runs before in horrific fall over hurdles.

Saw him once at Kempton in 1990 Racing Post trophy gave field 2 stone and thrashing. Seagram (NZ) a Grand Nstional winner was third , in those days you saw NZ in racebook by a jumper you gave it a good look. My Dad not well travelled but always said NZ by name , tough hard horses.

Kempton a great jump course as you know, the perfect balance to Sandown just up road and Cheltenham, that King George bridges gap there and gives the 2 and half milers a chance to battle the stayers at a midpoint .

44 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

Of course the Kempton all weather  win  the best FTM .

Christmas Day , presents , Turkey,  Queens Speech  then Boxing Day Racing Post , do form , watch Dessie win in that order. Sandown my second home back in day and saw Dessie many times there.Saw him get beaten as a  young horse in novice hurdle over 2mile 5 in Dec 83, he was a bloody tearaway then .Had nearly been killed at Kempton couple runs before in horrific fall over hurdles.

Saw him once at Kempton in 1990 Racing Post trophy gave field 2 stone and thrashing. Seagram (NZ) a Grand Nstional winner was third , in those days you saw NZ in racebook by a jumper you gave it a good look. My Dad not well travelled but always said NZ by name , tough hard horses.

Kempton a great jump course as you know, the perfect balance to Sandown just up road and Cheltenham, that King George bridges gap there and gives the 2 and half milers a chance to battle the stayers at a midpoint .

Our company had a private box at Sandown right beside Sheik Mohameds. Bodyguards galore when the maroon with white epaulets were running. Those were the days when him and Henry and Cauthern were great mates. Friday meetings were superb as you well know.

As for Dessie i was there for his 1990 win and the crowd literally went spastic most of the way down the straight and on his return to birdcage

50 minutes ago, Fartoomuch said:

Our company had a private box at Sandown right beside Sheik Mohameds. Bodyguards galore when the maroon with white epaulets were running. Those were the days when him and Henry and Cauthern were great mates. Friday meetings were superb as you well know.

As for Dessie i was there for his 1990 win and the crowd literally went spastic most of the way down the straight and on his return to birdcage

My Dad has a copy of painting on wall ( told him Dad that's one of 100000 copies look after it ). The Three  Kings it's called ,  Arkle, Desert Orchid and Red Rum.

Steve Cauthern had an expensive Swiss clock in his head , brought that US judge of pace to   UK, Sheik MO,   Cauthern,  Sir Henry,  Indian Skimmer, Oh So Sharp Old Vic Belmez  plus many more . Feeling old now , was a while ago.

1 hour ago, Red Rum said:

My Dad has a copy of painting on wall ( told him Dad that's one of 100000 copies look after it ). The Three  Kings it's called ,  Arkle, Desert Orchid and Red Rum.

Steve Cauthern had an expensive Swiss clock in his head , brought that US judge of pace to   UK, Sheik MO,   Cauthern,  Sir Henry,  Indian Skimmer, Oh So Sharp Old Vic Belmez  plus many more . Feeling old now , was a while ago.

Remember going to Newmarket for the weekend circa 1990 and saw H C on his palomino at the limekilns.What a site watching his strings coming out to work.

10 hours ago, Fartoomuch said:

3 of his horses in a 7 mio  race and he is not bothering to attend. Is off to Caribbean for a holiday. What does that tell you about him and his  horses?

Exceptionally good management and self-care?

31 minutes ago, Leggy said:

Exceptionally good management and self-care?

Possibly, id say more like i dont give a toss as 2 have been sold which they have  to lloyd so ask him how he is training them up and how are they are going or should we ask Liam. Racing Victoria is a joke IMHO

57 minutes ago, Fartoomuch said:

Possibly, id say more like i dont give a toss as 2 have been sold which they have  to lloyd so ask him how he is training them up and how are they are going or should we ask Liam. Racing Victoria is a joke IMHO

The Pentagon broke down today in a gallop with Latrobe at Werribee, been brought by Lloyd. I would guess only Idaho due to his being brother to Highland Reel and Rostrapovich being a pretty good son of Frankel have tentative bookings back. Coolmore would want to get on the Frankel bandwagon as Galileo nearer the end than the start. Hard to see Latrobe worth sending back as it will struggle to win a decent race next year, beaten by James Cook in a maiden and that horse been dispatched to an Uzbekistan Stud for 42000 guineas last week. Not sure if Uzbekistan breed sprinters but stayers must be good , don't they race them over 500 kms over there.Wouldn't bother watching the live gate draw for that, 100 miles to first bend so no draw bias.

6 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

The Pentagon broke down today in a gallop with Latrobe at Werribee, been brought by Lloyd. I would guess only Idaho due to his being brother to Highland Reel and Rostrapovich being a pretty good son of Frankel have tentative bookings back. Coolmore would want to get on the Frankel bandwagon as Galileo nearer the end than the start. Hard to see Latrobe worth sending back as it will struggle to win a decent race next year, beaten by James Cook in a maiden and that horse been dispatched to an Uzbekistan Stud for 42000 guineas last week. Not sure if Uzbekistan breed sprinters but stayers must be good , don't they race them over 500 kms over there.Wouldn't bother watching the live gate draw for that, 100 miles to first bend so no draw bias.

Latrobe is in the McKinnon RR...Hugh Bowman to ride.

33 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Latrobe is in the McKinnon RR...Hugh Bowman to ride.

Blair House stands out for me on initial look at noms, hit form 3rd run in Meydan season , had good break third run in now and this race clearly the plan , no point having three beaten up by Winx with Avilius and Benbatl running in Cox Plate .Won at Nottingham and Meydan so likes a decent straight and got some battle in him on that Caulfield Stakes 2nd , Shillelagh would be danger but 2000 more in Blair House favour for me. She dual entered but huge prize difference between  two races.

Dal Harriald jumps out at me in QE2 , getting out to his distance , ive got to survive tomorrow first, not sure I will.

On 11/5/2018 at 1:59 PM, Fartoomuch said:

Remember going to Newmarket for the weekend circa 1990 and saw H C on his palomino at the limekilns.What a site watching his strings coming out to work.

Follow Cross Counter's  dam line back couple generations  FTM and you get to Raheem by Secreto,  Sheik Mo, Steve Cauthern and Sir Henry and a maiden win at Newmarket 1990, you probably saw her on the Limekilns that day.

11 hours ago, Red Rum said:

Follow Cross Counter's  dam line back couple generations  FTM and you get to Raheem by Secreto,  Sheik Mo, Steve Cauthern and Sir Henry and a maiden win at Newmarket 1990, you probably saw her on the Limekilns that day.

If im not mistaken i actually backed Raheem when it won.Never missed many Newmarket meetings and you would recall that many of the fields only ever had 5-8 runners. Never bothered the punters though

Not a good day for Nick and Lloyd, always sad to see a horse break down but his other runners failed to feature as well. Back to the drawing board for the pair  and start loading up again with a few more UK and Ireland horses. I was going to add rejects but are they Red Rum?

Just now, Fartoomuch said:

Not a good day for Nick and Lloyd, always sad to see a horse break down but his other runners failed to feature as well. Back to the drawing board for the pair  and start loading up again with a few more UK and Ireland horses. I was going to add rejects but are they Red Rum?

Was indeed sad to see that lovely horse break down Farty. Yucatan just didn't stay the 3200m and that was always the risk. He was lame after the race as was Marmelo which made his run even more meritorious. Magic Circle had a pulmonary heart problem and no doubt there will be others feeling the affects today.

Felt sorry for Avilius which was just left chasing after being interfered with....but don't suppose Godolphin are too bothered....:rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Was indeed sad to see that lovely horse break down Farty. Yucatan just didn't stay the 3200m and that was always the risk. He was lame after the race as was Marmelo which made his run even more meritorious. Magic Circle had a pulmonary heart problem and no doubt there will be others feeling the affects today.

Felt sorry for Avilius which was just left chasing after being interfered with....but don't suppose Godolphin are too bothered....:rolleyes:

I actually back Avillus in a small way and knew i was gone when the other  horse broke its shoulder. As for Godolphin, the other 2 trainers,Saed and James were cheering for the winner when it became apparent theirs would not win. Its all about "The Team" zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz O Man

23 minutes ago, Fartoomuch said:

For Coolmore it's a great outlet, reject is a harsh label i suppose, these horses are good but don't fit their plans , rising 5 not quite up to Group 1 up there and  had their go in 4 year old season not really a win show in big middle distance races in Europe or the Ascot Gold Cups etc for next year . Then they have their rising 4 year olds they want to  race on next year who they feel can compete in those races , if they don't they can mop up some Group 2 and 3 etc then sell them on down here and the cycle continues.The colts  lower than that get shipped out at end 3 year old , although I see a lot were withdrawn from last week's Tatts HIT sale so deal might be done already on them.Fillies obviously well sort after as all blue bloods.

These ones down here for Team Williams (bar Rostropovich whos got time up his sleeve and looks like Tabor still got lion share from colours)  haven't made the grade for the re stock of their stallion division but if they do well here they might  have some clause to do a deal to send them back to the National Hunt stallion roster. The likes of Milan and Mahler cover huge numbers each year so big money earners.

Ballydoyle's  horses filter down the chain through various outlets , Finn Mccoll ran in same Racing Post Trophy at Donny that Yucatan did and is doing well in the Victoria Country Cup circuit .

2 hours ago, Red Rum said:

For Coolmore it's a great outlet, reject is a harsh label i suppose, these horses are good but don't fit their plans , rising 5 not quite up to Group 1 up there and  had their go in 4 year old season not really a win show in big middle distance races in Europe or the Ascot Gold Cups etc for next year . Then they have their rising 4 year olds they want to  race on next year who they feel can compete in those races , if they don't they can mop up some Group 2 and 3 etc then sell them on down here and the cycle continues.The colts  lower than that get shipped out at end 3 year old , although I see a lot were withdrawn from last week's Tatts HIT sale so deal might be done already on them.Fillies obviously well sort after as all blue bloods.

These ones down here for Team Williams (bar Rostropovich whos got time up his sleeve and looks like Tabor still got lion share from colours)  haven't made the grade for the re stock of their stallion division but if they do well here they might  have some clause to do a deal to send them back to the National Hunt stallion roster. The likes of Milan and Mahler cover huge numbers each year so big money earners.

Ballydoyle's  horses filter down the chain through various outlets , Finn Mccoll ran in same Racing Post Trophy at Donny that Yucatan did and is doing well in the Victoria Country Cup circuit .

Those Coolmore guys must rub their hands in glee when Lloyd and a few other Ozzies come knocking. You summed it up well as to whats for sale and very interested in Tatts comment if you hear anything more please filter it our way.