RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
rdytdy

The PC Brigade At It Again

peter-hall-been-stopped-from-visiting-schools-1540867157_1352x900.jpg

Star Western Australian hoop Peter Hall says he is no longer able to visit schools to talk about horse racing because it 'promotes gambling'. 

Speaking with 6PR Breakfast on Tuesday morning, Hall said he was 'a bit shocked' when he found out he was no longer able to tour schools to give children an insight into the racing industry. 

"I had a bit of a chuckle at first because it seemed a little bit surreal and then once I realised…I was a little bit shocked to tell you the truth," Hall said. 

“I’ve got my two daughters and I’ve got six nieces so as they are all growing up, when Melbourne Cup comes around, I’ve always been asked to come along and talk at their schools.

"I always get a bit of a buzz out if it because the kids really love it."

The Group One-winning rider said gambling wasn't a topic spoken about during his visits. 

"None at all. We’ve just had Winx race on the weekend for the Cox Plate and that would have grabbed everyone’s attention and I’m sure all that message provides is the love of the horse and the sport."

"I usually take my vest and skull cap and a whip because that always grabs their attention. I rode a horse in the Melbourne Cup once, Black Tom, so I take that number and I take a Perth Cup trophy."

Hall won the 2006 Perth Cup aboard Black Tom and again in 2016 with Delicacy, who he also rode to two Group One victories in the SA Derby and Australasian Oaks.

Just now, Trump said:

Then I presume all Sportsmen will be banned incl, V8 Supercar Drivers (promotes speed and also betting), Netball (u can bet on it) All Blacks and Wallabies ( u can bet on them). In fact, what sport can’t you bet on? PC madness just like the Opera House / Everest bullshit.

None of those examples are completely reliant on betting. 

You can’t bet in Dubai :) so it doesn’t rely on betting to host racing does it? You can bet on practically all sports. Banning Hugh Bowman from going to his children’s school to talk about Winx and her effect on the Australian public would be ridiculous. A bit like banning beer at a church bbq. PC madness.

5 minutes ago, Trump said:

You can’t bet in Dubai :) so it doesn’t rely on betting to host racing does it? You can bet on practically all sports. Banning Hugh Bowman from going to his children’s school to talk about Winx and her effect on the Australian public would be ridiculous. A bit like banning beer at a church bbq. PC madness.

That's why we all need to back Trump---not you, the real one!!

8 minutes ago, Trump said:

You can bet on Dubai races but only from other countries. UK bookies being the  fav choice for those who want to participate

They dodge round the betting in Dubai ,if  you can pick the winners through the card then you go in with the other non betting punters who went through card into the draw to win a Bentley or some other luxury car. Not betting , it's a game. 

Dedicated jockey, up early , keeping fit, watching nutrition,  running their own business basically , following their dreams seems a pretty good person to speak to kids , apply a few of those principles in chosen occupation wouldn't do much harm.

V8 driver encourages boy racing, boxer encourages punching,   cop well some have been corrupt , accountant some have been fraudsters. Start to knock a few people out of talks in schools if you start getting silly about things.