RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
rdytdy

2018 Melbourne Cup Field

36 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

Hahaha oops , glad I've still boxed Magic Circle into my Tri CBT ,  Mr Koukash in a g string , in a tie and socks and not much else  in the rain. He can afford a umbrella too.Got it down to five and had to drop a couple .

Good luck. 

Youngstar comes right into it now RR.

4 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Youngstar comes right into it now RR.

Helps a lot of  Euros , some good soft ground stats for them. Magic Circle should power through it, Best Solution goes well on soft. Few hours yet , stops now,  drains a bit should be fair track.Could stuff Yucatan a bit from what I've read.

1 hour ago, Ohokaman said:

Where's Van der Hum this year....?? :rolleyes:

You couldn't rule out WSTB with this rain, and the other two kiwis won't mind it either.

Was a winner on first Tuesday out of that Newmarket handicap  in July you flagged up OM ,  Shraaoh powered home, 7 lengths behind Hamada that day ! 

Great win by the 3 year old....Rekindling all over again. They have worked this race out now.....!

Real shame Cliffs of Moher was euthanased, Avilius put out of the race when he broke down. Yucatan lame but didn't stay, Marmelo lame and Magic Circle had a pulmonary haemorrhage......there will be some stories out of this one...

IMG_3652.JPG

39 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Great win by the 3 year old....Rekindling all over again. They have worked this race out now.....!

Real shame Cliffs of Moher was euthanased, Avilius put out of the race when he broke down. Yucatan lame but didn't stay, Marmelo lame and Magic Circle had a pulmonary haemorrhage......there will be some stories out of this one...

IMG_3652.JPG

They have found the loophole OM.  When I did the weights for Euros last week and  factored in the northern wfa scale over 2 miles this time year I had to double check my calculations as both CC and Rostrapovich  were in so bloody light.CC  rated 114 up there Marmelo 113 , WFA Marmelo gives him 6lbs , today gave him 9lbs .I didn't think Rostrapovich would stay though but he did well. Happy with the 1,  2 had them both ew , other 3 for my Tri bled, lame and probably ground . Yucatan was gone at the 400 though. A triumph for British and Irish breeding. Not sure the way back for Aust/NZ trained or bred horses,  Youngster went well to be fair.Even Waller said after Shraaoh they arrive at Werribee from Europe so fit.3 year old juvenile hurdling over two miles from July so 2 miles on flat for right horse in November not a big problem, even 2 year olds go 2000 metres late in season over there in races like Zetland Stakes.

Real shame about COM, just lucky there was not a pile up.

Save for Winx , Internationals have really cleaned it up, even sprinters gone ok .

If they come in again with 3 year old do it again would they need to look at the weight scales? 

Even Moore  couldn't get Life Less Ordinary home.

Impressive run by the winner. Sustained a terrific burst for the last 600m and looked as though he could have gone another 1000! Totally dominant. Doesn't look overly big either and have to love how these imports are ready to win when they line up, rather than be "raced" to fitness. Hence the Enables and CCs have great records from few starts.

12 minutes ago, chevy86 said:

Impressive run by the winner. Sustained a terrific burst for the last 600m and looked as though he could have gone another 1000! Totally dominant. Doesn't look overly big either and have to love how these imports are ready to win when they line up, rather than be "raced" to fitness. Hence the Enables and CCs have great records from few starts.

Chevy I couldn't train a bloody cat so not in a position of great knowledge but as a long time punter and race nut  iam still coming to terms years after getting here the reasons why a stayer needs to kick off a campaign over 1200. Example Apache Cat Stakes last month, Double Bluff a dead set stayer in the extreme , he follows the field round 10 lengths last the trip, not seen since , what does a horse get out of that  instead of maybe a steady gallop at home  maybe up a steady  incline wouldn't give him. it's just different I suppose but maybe some changes needed to compete with these internationals, is it simply facilities as most based on track or set methodology or simply a type of horse?

I know Team Williams and Hayes Stable have own gallops so maybe it is facilities.

42 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

They have found the loophole OM.  When I did the weights for Euros last week and  factored in the northern wfa scale over 2 miles this time year I had to double check my calculations as both CC and Rostrapovich  were in so bloody light.CC  rated 114 up there Marmelo 113 , WFA Marmelo gives him 6lbs , today gave him 9lbs .I didn't think Rostrapovich would stay though but he did well. Happy with the 1,  2 had them both ew , other 3 for my Tri bled, lame and probably ground . Yucatan was gone at the 400 though. A triumph for British and Irish breeding. Not sure the way back for Aust/NZ trained or bred horses,  Youngster went well to be fair.Even Waller said after Shraaoh they arrive at Werribee from Europe so fit.3 year old juvenile hurdling over two miles from July so 2 miles on flat for right horse in November not a big problem, even 2 year olds go 2000 metres late in season over there in races like Zetland Stakes.

Real shame about COM, just lucky there was not a pile up.

Save for Winx , Internationals have really cleaned it up, even sprinters gone ok .

If they come in again with 3 year old do it again would they need to look at the weight scales? 

Even Moore  couldn't get Life Less Ordinary home.

Great run from LLO though RR..in the worst ground and 4kg more, he was in front just past the post....:rolleyes:

And it had to be the stablemate out wide, thought it would be too wet for him. Did you notice Wallers other runner steaming into 4th..?

22 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

I know Team Williams and Hayes Stable have own gallops so maybe it is facilities.

Tend to agree RR. How are you going to condition a dead set stayer at somewhere like Matamata where there are 800-900 horses all trucking around the 1600m track, morning after morning. Would do my head in as a horse, but cross country, hilly training facilities as per Hayes, Williams, UK are obviously more desirable for stayer conditioning. Only have to think back to Kiwi's conditioning regime.

19 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Great run from LLO though RR..in the worst ground and 4kg more, he was in front just past the post....:rolleyes:

And it had to be the stablemate out wide, thought it would be too wet for him. Did you notice Wallers other runner steaming into 4th..?

Didn't notice the 4th , I was too busy helping Ryan ride the finish from my couch , the kids think iam mad sometimes but it's Cup day so these jockeys need some help its a long day for them. Tom Melbourne , I thought he had almost leant to settle . I want that horse to snag one , don't care if I've backed it or not. 

7 minutes ago, chevy86 said:

Tend to agree RR. How are you going to condition a dead set stayer at somewhere like Matamata where there are 800-900 horses all trucking around the 1600m track, morning after morning. Would do my head in as a horse, but cross country, hilly training facilities as per Hayes, Williams, UK are obviously more desirable for stayer conditioning. Only have to think back to Kiwi's conditioning regime.

Thing is now if trainers want to compete in the CC and MC something needs changing , it's a torrent of horses coming in  now year after year  , Finche really an international this year  so 1 to 5 places , plus almost swept the CC. It's not merely a statistical blip , now the CC up in prizemoney it's worth bringing out a  horse for that as standalone target if 2 miles beyond them , Emotionless was realistically a CC horse prior to going amiss , he's never staying 2 miles .Was a Guineas fav few years back.

Or other option  crush the internationals with weight  over and then some more on top of northern ratings to deter them from coming, that's protectionism though.

10 hours ago, Red Rum said:

Thing is now if trainers want to compete in the CC and MC something needs changing , it's a torrent of horses coming in  now year after year  , Finche really an international this year  so 1 to 5 places , plus almost swept the CC. It's not merely a statistical blip , now the CC up in prizemoney it's worth bringing out a  horse for that as standalone target if 2 miles beyond them , Emotionless was realistically a CC horse prior to going amiss , he's never staying 2 miles .Was a Guineas fav few years back.

Or other option  crush the internationals with weight  over and then some more on top of northern ratings to deter them from coming, that's protectionism though.

Right there RR. Some of them were pretty disappointing though given all the hoohah...I wondered how Hamada would have got on...?

Hugh Bowman has weighed in 1kg overweight on Marmelo and has been put out for a month for that, and excessive use of the whip. Keiran McEvoy,  Michael Walker, Damian Lane, Dwayne Dunn and Regan Bayliss have also received fines for the same offence.

Bowman now misses the rides on Brave Smash and Latrobe on Saturday.

52 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Right there RR. Some of them were pretty disappointing though given all the hoohah...I wondered how Hamada would have got on...?

Gave weight and 7 length beating to Shraaoh , had plenty miles left in tank, it's a what might have been OM, will never know but he would have been under 15s for Cup imho.

Walton Street has disappeared , he might re surface at Meydan

9 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

Hugh Bowman has weighed in 1kg overweight on Marmelo and has been put out for a month for that, and excessive use of the whip. Keiran McEvoy,  Michael Walker, Damian Lane, Dwayne Dunn and Regan Bayliss have also received fines for the same offence.

Bowman now misses the rides on Brave Smash and Latrobe on Saturday.

Not sure he will be too worried with the exception of losing big HKG ride. If he weighs in 1 kg over the weight he weighed out at then he must have either been eating or drinking something. Bad boy hugh