RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
rdytdy

2018 Melbourne Cup Field

No Horse Trainer Jockey Barrier Weight
1 BEST SOLUTION (IRE) Saeed Bin Suroor Pat Cosgrave 6 57.5kg
2 THE CLIFFSOFMOHER (IRE) Aidan O’Brien Ryan Moore 9 56.5kg
3 MAGIC CIRCLE (IRE) Ian Williams Corey Brown 17 56kg
4 CHESTNUT COAT (JPN) Yoshito Yahagi Yuga Kawada 4 55.5kg
5 MUNTAHAA (IRE) John Gosden Jim Crowley 13 55.5kg
6 SOUND CHECK (GER) Michael Moroney Jordan Childs 16 55.5kg
7 WHO SHOT THEBARMAN (NZ) Chris Waller Ben Melham 18 55.5kg
8 ACE HIGH David Payne Tye Angland 22 55kg
9 MARMELO (GB) Hughie Morrison Hugh Bowman 10 55kg
10 AVILIUS (GB) James Cummings Glyn Schofield 11 54.5kg
11 YUCATAN (IRE) Aidan O’Brien James McDonald 23 54.5kg
12 AUVRAY (FR) Richard Freedman Tommy Berry 1 54kg
13 FINCHE (GB) Chris Waller Zac Purton 15 54kg
14 RED CARDINAL (IRE) Darren Weir Damien Oliver (late alt) 5 54kg
15 VENGEUR MASQUE (IRE) Michael Moroney Patrick Moloney 2 54kg
16 VENTURA STORM (IRE) David & B Hayes & T Dabernig Mark Zahra 7 54kg
17 A PRINCE OF ARRAN (GB) Charlie Fellowes Michael Walker 20 53kg
18 NAKEETA (GB) Iain Jardine Regan Bayliss 3 53kg
19 SIR CHARLES ROAD Lance O’Sullivan & Andrew Scott Dwayne Dunn 14 53kg
20 ZACADA (NZ) Murray Baker & Andrew Forsman Damian Lane 24 53kg
21 RUNAWAY Gai Waterhouse & Adrian Bott Stephen Baster 12 52kg
22 YOUNGSTAR Chris Waller Craig Williams 8 51.5kg
23 CROSS COUNTER (GB) Charlie Appleby Kerrin McEvoy 19 51kg
24 ROSTROPOVICH (IRE) Aidan O’Brien Wayne Lordan 21 51kg

3 hours ago, Fartoomuch said:

2 NZ bred horses make the field, oh how things have changed in the last 2 decades re NZ bred stayers

FTM, one a ten year old albeit a legend and other  if he starts 5pm today will probably end up about 10th. Not sure much coming through so when WSTB retires it might be zero next year.

21 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Yucatan must be well under the odds with that draw...Marmelo and Muntaahaa for mine.

Re watched Muntahaa Ebor last night , was really good , cruised up and went away. Big few hours coming up for Gosden this morning. Frankie in form this morning  for Juddmonte on Expert Eye in  mile,  Stoute trained, its same horse J Macc won on at RA this year.

Five I like at moment , dropping Fav as no value so need to decide who else to drop and how to play it. 

Moore booked for Life Less Ordinary on Tuesday, he rode Kinema I think it was called on undercard for same connections to win on undercard few years back , was great ride so that's an omen bet for me Tuesday.

29 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

Re watched Muntahaa Ebor last night , was really good , cruised up and went away. Big few hours coming up for Gosden this morning. Frankie in form this morning  for Juddmonte on Expert Eye in  mile,  Stoute trained, its same horse J Macc won on at RA this year.

Five I like at moment , dropping Fav as no value so need to decide who else to drop and how to play it. 

Moore booked for Life Less Ordinary on Tuesday, he rode Kinema I think it was called on undercard for same connections to win on undercard few years back , was great ride so that's an omen bet for me Tuesday.

Make sure you have a go at the MC Comp on here - first three and last three.....:rcfe-like:

Looking forward to tomorrow sitting in front of the TV and betting at Ellerslie and Flemington

Not looking forward to getting shut out because the TAB website has crashed as usual on this day.

They should run a SPECIAL on their own performance.....

Option 1. Website to crash during the day - $1.05

Option 2: Website to stay up all day - $3.05 (may be a bit light there!!).

On 11/4/2018 at 9:40 AM, Red Rum said:

I see they are leaving Muntahaa in Oz...going to David Hayes who has had a reasonable record with overseas stayers.

1 hour ago, Ohokaman said:

I see they are leaving Muntahaa in Oz...going to David Hayes who has had a reasonable record with overseas stayers.

Shadwell won the three big ones over years with UK to Australia exports  into Hayes family stables. Should have sent them Istabraq rather than selling him out the Gosden yard.

What chance Cross Counter RR ? McEvoy has gone for him over a few others and he has a hint of Rekindling about him, but not sure if he has the class as has not won at Group 1 level. The other one that interests me is the Jap runner Chestnut Coat. Anything that can run 5th in the Tenno Sho beaten less than 2 lengths has to be given some hope. Second up form but needs firm track. If it rains forget it.

Will become a lottery even more if they get decent rain. Plenty said the track was too hard on Saturday so might suit a few, particularly LLO.

17 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

What chance Cross Counter RR ? McEvoy has gone for him over a few others and he has a hint of Rekindling about him, but not sure if he has the class as has not won at Group 1 level. The other one that interests me is the Jap runner Chestnut Coat. Anything that can run 5th in the Tenno Sho beaten less than 2 lengths has to be given some hope. Second up form but needs firm track. If it rains forget it.

Will become a lottery even more if they get decent rain. Plenty said the track was too hard on Saturday so might suit a few, particularly LLO.

Don't let no Group 1 put you off OM if you like him. He was gelded in March so all English/ French Classics out bar Irish Leger and Prix Royal Oak. Godolphin  had horses for those anyway.He has followed the normal St Leger path for 3 year old however , Gorden Stakes,  Great Volitigeur and avoided Stadivarius in the big staying Cups. I struggle to recall off hand a 3 year old taking on those races but if intact they wouldn't as Leger the aim with them. He put away Dee Ex Bee who was second in Derby behind Masar  in front of some good ones like Roaring Lion and Saxon Warrior . He's one of my top three, weight handy, slight injury but jock not worried when could have been on Youngster and this been plan a long way out.

Heard my favorite tipster the mighty Duff, he's top notch imho  , but this Ryan Moore riding COM not Yucatan.could be a  weight decision  maybe ,  8st 6 lbs his lightest in 12 months so he's going to struggle coming in from BC , he's not going to be wasting before that meeting , then on a plane, big trip albeit up front  to ride end season from UK autumn at real light weight., wouldnt thst be a push.Just a guess really.

I think Duff nailed it tjhough , are we looking for something that's not there and Yucatan is seeing is believing. No value for me though at that price . Rather find a 4 buck winner in 10 runner maiden and look for value tomorrow.

FF tight arse on that Shroaah earlier in card , 5 bucks scrooge would be proud  .Hamada did smash it 7 lengths . 10s I might have had a bash on that , 54kgs with McEvoy up.

Beautiful balmy 27 degrees here in Melbourne today. Can’t see the track getting to soft at the moment. Will be dead at worst in my opinion with a few dirty showers forecast. B)

65F65C70-2BBE-4BF7-9867-101EB538FC3D.jpeg

Now this is a real bar: Arbory Afloat on top of the Yarra beside Flinders. Only for a limited time over Summer. If you’re looking for a convenient bar in the middle of the city with a great vibe, excellent cocktails and tasty food you can’t go wrong with this place. B)

B7E9CA06-3AE3-4283-9202-D3C1B911EC1F.jpeg

20 hours ago, Red Rum said:

FF tight arse on that Shroaah earlier in card , 5 bucks scrooge would be proud  .Hamada did smash it 7 lengths . 10s I might have had a bash on that , 54kgs with McEvoy up.

Cross Counter a bloody query RR with that setback. Looked ok to me in his gallop though and they seem confident. I did not realise his last start rating was higher than both Rekindling and Mahler and he drops 6.5 kg on that run.

Will be taking the punt and boxing up with Magic Circle, Marmelo, Muntahaa, Avilius and Yucatan.

Good luck fella.

On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 10:52 AM, Ponderosa8 said:

Looking forward to tomorrow sitting in front of the TV and betting at Ellerslie and Flemington

Not looking forward to getting shut out because the TAB website has crashed as usual on this day.

They should run a SPECIAL on their own performance.....

Option 1. Website to crash during the day - $1.05

Option 2: Website to stay up all day - $3.05 (may be a bit light there!!).

That $1.05 is looking a good bet.  On internet betting, hit the SUBMIT button and wait 30 seconds for anything to happen.

Cross Counter a bloody query RR with that setback. Looked ok to me in his gallop though and they seem confident. I did not realise his last start rating was higher than both Rekindling and Mahler and he drops 6.5 kg on that run.

Will be taking the punt and boxing up with Magic Circle, Marmelo, Muntahaa, Avilius and Yucatan.

Good luck fella.

Decided to back three ew and box five in tri. Set myself  a challenge to last Caulfield Guineas Day  to Sandown through Riccarton on one deposit in account .

Worked out the weights last week and Cross Counter really well in , he's got great form up there with Kew Gardens , and only being  gelding stops him running classics not ability. I know the vibes seem bad but jockey knows time of day so bugger it i will stick with him. Not worried by draw.

Muntahaa , you sold me on him  OM , like that Ebor win and Gosden and Crowley both people I respect as a low level punter.

Marmelo, Bowman and Morrison maybe  learned from last year race tactics and prep , decent value .Good form this year in France. 

Yucatan, I've put him in comp as second , hedging my bets really , his form up north average but no value for me in that field on punt.That HP though , form really been franked.Boxed him in my Tri

Magic Circle he powered up that hill but that Sandown hill a gut buster and came middle track which normally means softer there , so going good in form book  iam thinking softer side of good  might be flattered by result, but been trained for today. Boxed in my Tri.

Hopefully survive to Life Less Ordinary .

Good luck , What an absolute puzzler.

It’s absolutely pissing down here Red Rum. 

I retract what I’ve said previously and you’ll definitely need to find a horse that loves the mud.

It’s going to be a 2 mile slog this afternoon and the 3200m will seem more like 4000m.

Good luck today on the punt.

Just now, CBT said:

It’s absolutely pissing down here Red Rum. 

I retract what I’ve said previously and you’ll definitely need to find a horse that loves the mud.

It’s going to be a 2 mile slog this afternoon and the 3200m will seem more like 4000m.

Good luck today on the punt.

Hahaha oops , glad I've still boxed Magic Circle into my Tri CBT ,  Mr Koukash in a g string , in a tie and socks and not much else  in the rain. He can afford a umbrella too.Got it down to five and had to drop a couple .

Good luck.