RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Treat

Verry Ellegant

I made mention on the radio on Friday that I thought she had come to the end of her prep after watching her win at Caulfield. Remember this is her first prep too. They even put a hood on her to try and settle her in the birdcage yesterday. She is showing she has had enough in my opinion. 

I have backed the filly every start bar yesterday's run and won't be on in the Oaks either. I will however be cheering her on as I think she is a top class filly. 

If she were mine I would turn her out and if they wanted to win an Oaks have a go at the AJC Oaks in the Autumn. 

3 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

Weir says she will "press on to the Oaks" while Allen says the run "will take the edge off her.."  Mmmm...

She is a very lightly framed filly so still plenty of development to come. I hope they don't go to the well once too many...

If they get the rain that's forecast for Tuesday I'm sure it'll still have give in it for Thursday so that will also be to her liking.

On 11/3/2018 at 2:33 PM, Treat said:

Didn't settle. The more the pace slowed the more she fought, then got 3 wide. Do they need to take a leaf out of the Might and Power story? Not fight her and let her roll more?

that is what I would do. Let her run her own race, start listening to the horse instead of fighting it. Ride the race to suit the horse not the other way around.

On ‎11‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 7:44 PM, rdytdy said:

I made mention on the radio on Friday that I thought she had come to the end of her prep after watching her win at Caulfield. Remember this is her first prep too. They even put a hood on her to try and settle her in the birdcage yesterday. She is showing she has had enough in my opinion. 

I have backed the filly every start bar yesterday's run and won't be on in the Oaks either. I will however be cheering her on as I think she is a top class filly. 

If she were mine I would turn her out and if they wanted to win an Oaks have a go at the AJC Oaks in the Autumn. 

Today's run just confirmed my thoughts. Should have been sent to the paddock last month. Hopefully she comes back ok in the Autumn.  

Ted I totally agree. She needs a spell. In a distance race you can’t race the first 1600m with your head up in the air. This compromises your oxygen intake and makes it impossible to finish off strongly. Note that she is out of a Danroad mare. A lot of his runners raced with their heads up in the air and never fully realised their potential. Just an observation.

11 hours ago, gubellini said:

Ted I totally agree. She needs a spell. In a distance race you can’t race the first 1600m with your head up in the air. This compromises your oxygen intake and makes it impossible to finish off strongly. Note that she is out of a Danroad mare. A lot of his runners raced with their heads up in the air and never fully realised their potential. Just an observation.

Right Gub...maybe a hood might help.

7 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

Don't blame the jockey, they pushed on too far the signs were there she had had enough if they cared to look...JMHO.

I thought I may have judged the ride unfairly but went back and viewed the race again on Racing Victoria site and that was a shocker from the jockey.  Albeit maybe on instruction from the trainer and yes she had signalled time for a rest prior to the Oaks.  But I am no expert. 

On 11/9/2018 at 4:00 PM, Pegasus 9 said:

I thought I may have judged the ride unfairly but went back and viewed the race again on Racing Victoria site and that was a shocker from the jockey.  Albeit maybe on instruction from the trainer and yes she had signalled time for a rest prior to the Oaks.  But I am no expert. 

Expert enough Peg.  Big jump from Ruakaka to the main stage at Flemington. Some changes need to be made gradually with any horse.