RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Nerula

One sick puppy

Based on the meds

Notice - Raceday Box Contamination:

An investigation by the RIU into a recent drug positive identified that race day boxes at a race track had been contaminated with human medications due to persons urinating in the boxes while on medication. 

One of the boxes contained a number of human medications including tramodol (pain killer), citalopram (anti-depressant), metoprolol (blood pressure/Angina) temazepam (insomnia) as well as the anti-depressant venlafaxine. 

The contamination of the boxes has been confirmed as the cause of the positives.

Dr Andrew Grierson (NZTR and HRNZ Veterinary Advisor) confirmed there have also been cases overseas where this has occurred.

Query to this, did they state that the horses that showed the positives were till disqualified from their wins? In turn did they decide that the trainers weren't responsible for the positives?

8 minutes ago, puha said:

Did the horses eat the sawdust ?

Exactly, are they suggesting that a horse could roll in the box and by reverse osmosis the contaminants reach the horse's kidneys?

Reminds me of a situation years ago where one of my horses had a knee injury and the trainer solicited the help of some charlatan (at my expense) to wrap a plastic bag around it's knee and pump oxygen from a small cylinder into the bag. Apparently hyperbaric healing as opposed to atmospheric oxygen healing. The pair of them probably split the cash.

I had a lady grazer and her horse went lame. She had 3 $100 treatments from a charlatan with lights.

He was treating the horses sore shoulder with the magic lights.

The day after the last $100 treatment the abcess burst in the hoof and the horse was sound.

The light man slowly disapeared  

On 11/2/2018 at 11:19 AM, Nerula said:

Based on the meds

Notice - Raceday Box Contamination:

An investigation by the RIU into a recent drug positive identified that race day boxes at a race track had been contaminated with human medications due to persons urinating in the boxes while on medication. 

One of the boxes contained a number of human medications including tramodol (pain killer), citalopram (anti-depressant), metoprolol (blood pressure/Angina) temazepam (insomnia) as well as the anti-depressant venlafaxine. 

The contamination of the boxes has been confirmed as the cause of the positives.

Dr Andrew Grierson (NZTR and HRNZ Veterinary Advisor) confirmed there have also been cases overseas where this has occurred.

I don’t think I’ve ever read such absolute bulldust...I’ve had horses for 40 odd years and I’ve never heard of a horse eating contimated straw or worse still, sawdust.

just another diversion thrown up by the RIU and their masters, the JCA. Can someone tell me what is the reasoning behind this announcement?