RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Ohokaman

Trackside run by idiots...

How many times are they going to cut off the end of Australian Racing programmes because they can't get their timings right ?

It happens far too often...again today with Formline end summary cut off so we can watch a few minutes of dressed up twats wandering around NZ racecourses.

Get your bloody act together.....:rcf-angry-2:

What gets me is going into the TAB and having the instore format. Now the TAB and Racing spend considerable resources for oncourse presentation. Yet when the horses are parading prior to the start we get instead the audio preamble of the Mt Gambier dogs. The dogs don't need audio anyone with half a brain can figure the colours during the race.

There is no need inside TAB's having audio of Australian greyhounds. No one is interested and those who are would probably prefer a silent commentary.

52 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

These fuckwits couldn't wind a watch.

This morning they cut off Formline in the middle of the Melbourne preview, to start The First Call. This at 9.30am.

The First Call was down to start at 10am...

:rcf-angry-2::rcf-clown:

Yes, unbelievable. Watching Formline only to have that germ Guerin invade the screen prophecising on all things thoroughbred.

Maybe its not so much idiots at Trackside but idiots at TAB.

On a day or period when TV time is at a premium we have races such as this

M49 Charles Town Races (USA) on 3 Nov 2018
Race 4 - 13:39 - MAIDEN SPECIAL WEIGHT . (Charles Town R4) 1709 m
#
Name
Jockey/Driver/Trainer
Win
Place

3 Stock Broker Luis Batista 2.30 1.90
8 Mean To Amend Jerry Villegas   4.70
5 Road To Dubai Felino Lima   No Dividend

Win pool: $142
Place pool: $56
Quinella pool: $73
Trifecta pool: $41

Updated at 13:36:54

Updated at 13:36:54

I'm generally a supporter of the TAB's betting on/broadcasting of US races but, on one of the biggest days of the year in Australia (not to mention the first day of the Breeders' Cup in the US), we don't need maidens from West Virginia on the schedule.

These people don’t punt. 

It would be the same if you hired them paint a house

The average IQ may be 102 on a good day and thankfully the money they “earn”goes towards raising a family ... the downside only if these offspring follow their footsteps.... the racing industry is on the way out , the jockeys can’t handle the odd rib even though historically everyone around them are getting called for cheating.Go figure :rcfe-happy-3:

8 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

I hope they are watching Sevens coverage of Flemington today....Francesca different class.

Why on Earth the Aussies want our female presenters (?) is a mystery.

Only so often they can have Francesca and there’s only one of them

16 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

I hope they are watching Sevens coverage of Flemington today....Francesca different class.

keep posting and I'll twist your snout some more - I love it when you squeal.

On 11/3/2018 at 3:40 PM, Ohokaman said:

don't you wish Trackside just offered us the Channel 7 coverage non stop on the 3 or 4 huge days of the year. Very frustrating for them to cut back to the studio as soon as & start mentioning betting fluctuations and prices generally. I know the TAB want us to be investing on NZ tote etc - but this is great info. Just continue to have NZ prices across the screen

On 11/3/2018 at 3:40 PM, Ohokaman said:

Francesca will be in good form this week, Luca sent his final group 1 runner from Newmarket and went  back to his homeland for it overnight, in the only group 1 left in Italy (how bad is that at   home of Ribot and Tesio). God Given won at the Capannelle for a great finish for a classy trainer.For a top end trainer he was pretty good a getting handicappers in light, especially at big Goodwood meeting.So close to a Melb Cup win as well. God Given was his 50th group 1 winner. 

21 hours ago, poundforpound said:

Who’s this loser Scooby ?, cross reference his IP addresses then ban him please 

And here's me thinking the Messiah had returned but now we hear from you that its an imposter.Bugger as i like your posts even the vitriolic take downs:rcfe-sleep:

1 hour ago, chelseacol said:

don't you wish Trackside just offered us the Channel 7 coverage non stop on the 3 or 4 huge days of the year. Very frustrating for them to cut back to the studio as soon as & start mentioning betting fluctuations and prices generally. I know the TAB want us to be investing on NZ tote etc - but this is great info. Just continue to have NZ prices across the screen

Thats exactly what i was thinking as well. This whole coverage issue comes up every year around now and yet the highly paid TAB staff just wont accede to the requests from clients to do it that way on Trackside

15 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

After the Spring finishes most of the comps will be gone... funny a lot like it but I agree with so many threads needed recently it is a little cluttered... we will address everyones needs as best we can.

I suppose like most things in life it just a case of one's idea of balance.. Put another way " you can never please all of the people all of the time"

18 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

I just don’t like the clutter and all the comps, it’s ruined the site

When Scooby cleans it up I’ll be back, as long as that sexually transmitted disease “ Tommo the sub species “ is not allowed to post ( I don’t want to share anything with that poxy loser ).

Great news as you always have plenty to share

1 minute ago, poundforpound said:

Funnily enough I don’t share that much, sometimes because I’m asked not to, often because matters are sensitive, or it’s just not for public consumption.

There’s a lot going on out there though and clearly hardly anyone on this site is connected enough to know what’s going down, or to raise what are important issues.

The AW debacle is looking like a shambles, and all the rumbling I’m hearing suggests Saundry and Jackson haven’t got a good grasp on this very important subject.

Details to follow .

Its bloody hard to post stuff which has come from impeccable sources whom you have been sworn to secrecy. I'm pretty sure that if they could a few important people would love to see Saundry depart whilst Winston after letting people have their say is now in a massive quandary as to what to do with Messara reports findings.

The problem with the TAB and Trackside is they have nothing but contempt for the punter, who is basically what 80% of their audience? They make the same mistakes over and and over again and yet despite the turnover continuing to collapse every year they offer nothing different and can't even seem to follow the (free) advice of race cafers. If I was running the TAB and/or Trackside, one of the first things I would do is survey punters including Race Cafers asking them what they would like to see changed, and what was being done right. But not only don't they do that, if you watch/listen to Trackside they don't ever ask for contributions from punters, just sleazy media types who you would trust as far as you could throw them and/or jockey agents who have a massive conflict of interest. P4P and Scooby, have the TAB or the NZRB ever approached you about surveying the Cafers about ways in which they could improve their service? It would seem to be an obvious place to start as a leading (the leading?) forum for the NZ racing community and interested parties. 

2 hours ago, poundforpound said:

I understand your frustrations but maybe you should think about the following.

1) the media branch of the NZRB is a monopoly, you never get superior performance from a monopoly so the key there is to introduce competition to Trackside and the TAB, outsource the media then you’ll get privately produced shows like “Get On” with funny and informative contributors like me with my razor wit, lacerating tongue, and coruscating charm.

2) why blame the talent on show ?, shouldn’t you be blaming the person doing the recruiting and the rostering ? Like everyone I have my faves and those who just cause me to switch off, but it’s not the fault of the presenter that they’re a moron, or were ever given a job, surely the fault lies with whomever decided they were adequate or “ fit for purpose “.

3) And lastly, did you ever stop to think that Trackside might not be interested particularly in racing, maybe 80% of their target market have no interest in racing and hence you get these spotty faced kids ànd others with limited knowledge of racing who’re disappointing to you, but who’re doing a perfectly adequate job in their bosses eyes.

Just my thoughts but every time I see that type on telly I put myself at ease by rationalizing it that way.

Welcome back and you are far too kind to the clowns who make the appointments let alone the ones who get rid of the talent or hide it on the other channel.

Example. Yesterdays panel was Mrs OP who is quite knowledgeable,Jason and Matt i know everything Cross. On channel 2 was Steve Davis who would have forgotten more than the other 3 about racing,history and breeding put together. What a waste

3 minutes ago, Fartoomuch said:

Welcome back and you are far too kind to the clowns who make the appointments let alone the ones who get rid of the talent or hide it on the other channel.

Example. Yesterdays panel was Mrs OP who is quite knowledgeable,Jason and Matt i know everything Cross. On channel 2 was Steve Davis who would have forgotten more than the other 3 about racing,history and breeding put together. What a waste

But how good would Steve have been hosting the show add a bit of character and humour... those 3 were like watching paint dry on the biggest day of the year... a joke.