RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
mrzim

Sophia Malthus

I’ve just watched a video about Sophia Malthus who was left a paraplegic after a training gallop.The link is on stuff news under the trainer fined after fall.A very touching watch for anyone who hasn’t already seen it.Shes an amazingly tough lady.

The report says

Experts consulted by WorkSafe found Malthus was not competent to have been put in charge of a racehorse at the Alfriston training track in July 2016, having been given no formal training, being not riding fit and having only ridden quiet horses and never at a gallop.

I don't know that it will profit us taking this discussion further, best to allow the hearings to reach their conclusion on a fully-informed basis. 

Edited by Scotch Thistle

3 hours ago, Scotch Thistle said:

The report says

Experts consulted by WorkSafe found Malthus was not competent to have been put in charge of a racehorse at the Alfriston training track in July 2016, having been given no formal training, being not riding fit and having only ridden quiet horses and never at a gallop.

I don't know that it will profit us taking this discussion further, best to allow the hearings to reach their conclusion on a fully-informed basis. 

Fair enough, Scotch Thistle

7 hours ago, Scotch Thistle said:

The report says

What do you mean?  Offcourse no one would ever wish the tragic outcome that has occurred here. The fact is Stephen McKee has been found guilty of gross negligence. No different if a drunk had crashed causing the same injuries then everyone would have been screaming blue murder.

The McKee family have been great for racing and Stephen likewise, However lets get past this matey thing and learn from it.

Stick pleaded guilty as that was the best way forward

I was an industry advocate in a case about a construction industry workplace fatality. The party that caused the fatality pleaded guilth and were fine 18k. The head contractor tried to save the young site manager "negligence causing death' We lost and the all up cost was 160k.

H and S has turned the workplace into a bosses nightmare!