RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Charlie Bukowski

Tauranga Last Race A Maiden - On A Saturday ?

1 minute ago, We're Doomed said:

I suspect you will find it will clash with something like the Kennedy Mile at Flemington, which at $1million will probably over shadow the Tauranga race somewhat.

Wouldn't it overshadow it anyway whether a G1 or a maiden?

Not concerned about the last race being a Maiden race for Fillies and Mares. The real concern is that the Club has three Maiden races on the card each for the derisory stake of $10,000. Surely a Saturday meeting should have at least a minimum Maiden stake of $15,000? Bit off topic but why don’t clubs programme Races for one race winners only like they do in Australia? Maiden winners often have to line up in Rating 65 races and find themselves up against multiple winners. Programming should be more flexible!

15 hours ago, gubellini said:

Not concerned about the last race being a Maiden race for Fillies and Mares. The real concern is that the Club has three Maiden races on the card each for the derisory stake of $10,000. Surely a Saturday meeting should have at least a minimum Maiden stake of $15,000? Bit off topic but why don’t clubs programme Races for one race winners only like they do in Australia? Maiden winners often have to line up in Rating 65 races and find themselves up against multiple winners. Programming should be more flexible!

They probably don't programme races for 1 race winners because NZTR won't let them, they have ultimate control over the programming of races and if you think you're getting some innovative thinking around programming out of that outfit, then think again.

Race 8 at Gore today is a R65 over 2000m. Seven of the twelve runners are one race winners only. Top weight  is Additup a seven race winner who has a current rating of 63. This doesn’t add up as far as I am concerned!

Additup been doing the rounds for years , I like him . Trainer,  owners had good go with him and he's a hardy bread and butter battler and does bit of jumping so tough bugger. Obviously been well looked after .He has contributed to turnover all these years .He's got topweight so has to lumber that. He moves up and down grades and has found  his rating for this point in time  so racing in   this band at moment. Should all  be rated to have a show in good handicap model , horses moving up and down. If a horse cannot many years younger than him beat Additup an 11 year old in  receipt of 5 kilos I'd be looking at the future if I was owner and trying to find it a new pursuit.

Is there a case for more  Novice races with win restrictions, but handicappers especially reliable older geldings moving up and down grades should be the lifeblood of regular punters on reliable tracks. 

If horses are rated correctly with some ability they should be competive, if not new home time . Jmho

7 hours ago, gubellini said:

Race 8 at Gore today is a R65 over 2000m. Seven of the twelve runners are one race winners only. Top weight  is Additup a seven race winner who has a current rating of 63. This doesn’t add up as far as I am concerned!

See what you done there.