RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Ohokaman

2018 Melbourne Cup - Order of Entry

59 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

You'll be pleased with this then Gruffy...

UK trainer Hughie Morrison will find out whether a revised preparation will pay off in Tuesday’s Melbourne Cup.

Morrison has brought Marmelo back to Australia for another crack at the Melbourne Cup after running ninth in last year’s edition of the great race.

Marmelo ran a pleasing sixth in the 2017 Caulfield Cup before tackling the Melbourne Cup at his second Australian run. However, Morrison decided against giving the stayer a lead-up run this time.

Was it Freeman that used to say each year on the Melbourne Cup preview shows with Dufficy etc - that if they have tried before and not won it he puts a line through them ?

Will always be an exception to the rule but as a rule of thumb I remember thinking it wasn't bad.... (that's a cue for you smart people to give me a list of exceptions to it !)

5 minutes ago, chelseacol said:

Was it Freeman that used to say each year on the Melbourne Cup preview shows with Dufficy etc - that if they have tried before and not won it he puts a line through them ?

Will always be an exception to the rule but as a rule of thumb I remember thinking it wasn't bad.... (that's a cue for you smart people to give me a list of exceptions to it !)

He would have missed out on plenty with Red Cadeaux....:rcfe-like:

6 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

Watch Sectional Stars RR..where they give you this info...on before Formline and Get On on Saturday morning.....:rcfe-like:

I Like that Prince of Aaron in Lexus  , form above these lot tomorrow, will need every inch of 2500 but should wind up in straight . Form a respectable distance behind Varaizabad in Dubai, 9 lengths behind but that Varaizabad gets primed for that race every year and hits top gear for it early in season as conditions at Meydan up his alley. Take out Champion the wonder horse , P of A would have won HP with clear run. I know if and buts , 3.80 on edge of value , 1.55 the place ew places just over half money back , I know that's a white feather job for most punters  but I've gotta last till Sandown and Riccarton.Got anything for tomorrow ?

43 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

I Like that Prince of Aaron in Lexus  , form above these lot tomorrow, will need every inch of 2500 but should wind up in straight . Form a respectable distance behind Varaizabad in Dubai, 9 lengths behind but that Varaizabad gets primed for that race every year and hits top gear for it early in season as conditions at Meydan up his alley. Take out Champion the wonder horse , P of A would have won HP with clear run. I know if and buts , 3.80 on edge of value , 1.55 the place ew places just over half money back , I know that's a white feather job for most punters  but I've gotta last till Sandown and Riccarton.Got anything for tomorrow ?

I like Jaameh RR.....Hayes has been talking it up for a while now, better than Ventura Storm according to the stable. Desperate to get him in the Cup and this is last throw of the dice. Very Elegant/ Yulong Meteor in the Wakefield, Lanciato and Havasay worth a dollar at odds, Lean Mean Machine should suit Flemington with Bowman on. Would love to see Shillelagh win the Empire Rose, so honest, Eckstein for odds. Might take a few to beat the favourite in the Derby - going on breeding - Aramayo, Extra Brut, Stars of Carrum and Chapada.

1 hour ago, Ohokaman said:

I like Jaameh RR.....Hayes has been talking it up for a while now, better than Ventura Storm according to the stable. Desperate to get him in the Cup and this is last throw of the dice. Very Elegant/ Yulong Meteor in the Wakefield, Lanciato and Havasay worth a dollar at odds, Lean Mean Machine should suit Flemington with Bowman on. Would love to see Shillelagh win the Empire Rose, so honest, Eckstein for odds. Might take a few to beat the favourite in the Derby - going on breeding - Aramayo, Extra Brut, Stars of Carrum and Chapada.

Will check those out OM, I see Jim Crowley out here , rode two winners out two rides  for Hayes and his UK retainer Hamdan Al Maktoum at Bendigo this week. Rides lightest 8st 8 so just under 56 so Jaameh out for him , plus no point as I guess Zahra keeps ride if he wins as Crowley out for Muntahaa. Crowley Jaameh to win in decent handicap at Newmarket  July 2017 .Crowley hard as nails ex northern England jump jockey. Riding Hexham and the like  in novice chases mid winter a tough game, worked real hard , cut weight now riding the best bluebloods   at Royal Ascot  etc  with one of the  busiest retainer gigs in UK,  a tribute to commitment. 

Dal Harriald made that HP form look decent on Wednesday , I might have a bit on Life less Ordinary  in the mile at any old odds , might suit a hard run mile .Will be running on. 

Tough days punting though. 

16 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

Will check those out OM, I see Jim Crowley out here , rode two winners out two rides  for Hayes and his UK retainer Hamdan Al Maktoum at Bendigo this week. Rides lightest 8st 8 so just under 56 so Jaameh out for him , plus no point as I guess Zahra keeps ride if he wins as Crowley out for Muntahaa. Crowley Jaameh to win in decent handicap at Newmarket  July 2017 .Crowley hard as nails ex northern England jump jockey. Riding Hexham and the like  in novice chases mid winter a tough game, worked real hard , cut weight now riding the best bluebloods   at Royal Ascot  etc  with one of the  busiest retainer gigs in UK,  a tribute to commitment. 

Dal Harriald made that HP form look decent on Wednesday , I might have a bit on Life less Ordinary  in the mile at any old odds , might suit a hard run mile .Will be running on. 

16 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

Waller was spruiking LLO this week...never won under 1800 but long straight might suit. Jamie Kah has ride on Jaameh if he makes it.

29 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Nice win RR. Micky Walker riding well at the moment. Hope you noticed the flashing light on Lanciato. That draw was hopeless.

Osbourne Bulls was in perfect position to keep it in at vital time, cost him big time huge BBer  though OM.Osborne Bulls had great prep though , gone up a level.

Nice win Prince of Aaron, Walker is going well , good win in Bendigo Cup midweek. It was money in bank on turn to be fair, he's a 2 miler and winds up  and winds up  he was never folding. HP form franked again. Very firm track today though apparently , not overly keen on backing him Tuesday, quick back up, Ed Walker had horse out to win Lexus few years back , came out on the  Tuesday ran last .

Just need Mr Dee to do biz in  Kennedy Mile,  mind you earnt bit on Foundry last year with Dee up so that jockey owes me nothing.Good ew throw at stumps.

As for Patrick Erin  ,  I read he was crook other day, elevated temp.

On 11/2/2018 at 5:04 PM, Ohokaman said:

Tell me you boxed those four in a tri  OM, Aramayo was 5th as well. If it was wearing a hat I'd be taking it off in salute to that effort. 

Shillelagh , iam struggling to remember a better rails run.

17 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

Tell me you boxed those four in a tri  OM, Aramayo was 5th as well. If it was wearing a hat I'd be taking it off in salute to that effort. 

Shillelagh , iam struggling to remember a better rails run.

Fish and Chips all round tonight RR....:rcfe-like:

6 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Fish and Chips all round tonight RR....:rcfe-like:

Good stuff OM, that was a ripper four you picked in that.I've been a punter donkeys years but still get that gutted sinking feeling when got big odds on horse and can see its not getting a run, line comes up quicker in those cases ,  I think Dee did right thing , saved ground winner got gap first , I think Life Less Ordinary would have gone very close to winning that. As all good ew bets 4th. Big field , that's the game though. 

Looking forward to Churchill Downs tomorrow, Enable's  turn , I think she will pulverise them. 

3 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

Good stuff OM, that was a ripper four you picked in that.I've been a punter donkeys years but still get that gutted sinking feeling when got big odds on horse and can see its not getting a run, line comes up quicker in those cases ,  I think Dee did right thing , saved ground winner got gap first , I think Life Less Ordinary would have gone very close to winning that. As all good ew bets 4th. Big field , that's the game though. 

Looking forward to Churchill Downs tomorrow, Enable's  turn , I think she will pulverise them. 

Distance was a worry RR...he had never won under 1800m and you could see he needed that the way he was finishing....next time.

Just now, Ohokaman said:

Got even better RR...completely forgot that I had put a treble on Friday which gave me 50% of $4k....!!  :rcf-happy-7:

Shame I didn't think about the Quaddie....backed Divine Quality in the last.....that Q paid $50,000.....:rcf-sad-4:

That's some roll you on, you need to last till  5.10pm Tuesday. Divine Quality hosed home, I was still sulking about the mile at time.

Draw has made life interesting for Fav but I think type horse will slot in and got speed to position himself at right time. 

Withhold , looks like trainer was overuled  re Geelong Cup, he would have got in after RV was out in last slot.

Will take some sorting this race as always .

Don’t mention Divine Quality again please Ohakason. I backed it ew and anchored it on top of F4. Had the 2nd/3rd/4th but in wrong order! 3rd gets 2nd and I get it 5 times! Crying in my beer after that race! Anyway, got plenty to plonk on Muntahaa on tues :) 

20 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Got even better RR...completely forgot that I had put a treble on Friday which gave me 50% of $4k....!!  :rcf-happy-7:

Shame I didn't think about the Quaddie....backed Divine Quality in the last.....that Q paid $50,000.....:rcf-sad-4:

Good man Ohoka - I share your pain on quaddie after getting a slice of the treble too and backing the winner of the last. I got shut out on quaddie bet :rcf-sad-2:

Mind you i took great pleasure out of tipping DQ to a mate on mine on a stag do on Gold Coast - as i was having a big day he took $100 EW and a number of the boys followed it as well. Think I might get a few free beers during Cup week !

Back to topic - I usually go the imports in MC but this year I really like Youngstar. Within a length of Winx two back and then one of the runs of the race in CCup.