RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
ivanthegreat

CHICAGO BULL

On paper with a rating of R127 versus Jacks Legend R98 this horse would be a bloody certainty as the conditions of this " Discretionary Handicap " has the maximum start at 20 mtrs. I'm not sure but in a true handicap he would be giving Jacks Legend another 30 mts so he would be starting off 50mtrs BUT .

His record is a Total of 60 starts for 39 wins and 16 placings..................I cant find any record of this horse ever having a standing start.

So take your pick , a) He's never been beaten from a stand or b) He's never won from a stand.

However, the Halls are unlikely of brought him over if they knew he wont get away.............. but $1.90

Personally I think he could give this field 100 mtr start but do you need that before Tuesday week ?

Interesting though eh ?

No standing starts, and never raced the Auckland way round. The final turn coming into the home straight will be interesting. Likewise his "standing"(walking?) start manners.

Good to see him in NZ though, wish connections all the best. 

Geezuz, even after his gallop at the start Bull handed out a good ol fashioned ass whippin, easy peasey, Jacks Legend tried bloody hard but that aussie carryin too many guns for that crew....did he even break a sweat?

Cheers Iraklis

NMarket mate, he won alittle bit better than 'well' my friend, I was there and Bull was cruisin, JacksL (the best of the local bunch and Cup bound) was flat to the boards as were others, he lost a decent amount of ground at the start and they were run along at a good clip, yes, NZ Cup is different affair but Bull won with plenty, plenty in hand you could see it......come on MarkP :rcfe-smile: crank The Machete & the crew up, we got some serious challengers from over the ditch to our Cup this year.....

Cheers Iraklis

1 hour ago, Newmarket said:

To be fair none of those behind CB are much chop at present.

He won well in a small field last night and is a decent animal but the Cup will be a few steps higher.

Not sure that is being fair on Jacks Legend.  Apart from that I do agree

Yes Lamour, JacksLegend is a whacker, but boy last night they were all handed a pacing lesson; I have seen him (JacksL) run some beauts but has he run outta time to come to hand? it was an awesome pipe opener for him anyway and he didn't shirk, he stuck in there, guess we'll see in couple of weeks.....

Cheers Iraklis

On 10/27/2018 at 10:21 AM, Iraklis said:

NMarket mate, he won alittle bit better than 'well' my friend, I was there and Bull was cruisin, JacksL (the best of the local bunch and Cup bound) was flat to the boards as were others, he lost a decent amount of ground at the start and they were run along at a good clip, yes, NZ Cup is different affair but Bull won with plenty, plenty in hand you could see it......come on MarkP :rcfe-smile: crank The Machete & the crew up, we got some serious challengers from over the ditch to our Cup this year.....

Cheers Iraklis

Well Iraklis, Spankem has thrown the proverbial against the fan today though that was the only race I saw and the track looked to have a fair bit of top on it. So long as they don't give the Cup away like they did to Nat a couple of years ago with an uncontested lead I still can't really bet against the AS team. I thought Cruz was cruisin' at the finish but can't agree on the Machete. Day to day proposition and might not have had enough racing to be right in the fight. Just MHO though and I've been wrong many times before.

Boy did he what ay Blue, good on the little fella :rcfe-happy-2: Cruz came home well, what your thoughts on Star Galleria? yeh, I'm thinkin AllStars for the Cup my heart is with The Machete and The Dream but I aint fussy just so long as its a Kiwi horse......I reckon it's gunna be a ripper, bloody Tiger is firing on all eight, so is the fricken Bull bugger it all :rcf-thinking-1: but so long as AllStar guns are firin too well be right......

Cheers Iraklis

News just read on Informant: what a bloody shame, commiserations to all his connections.................Cheers Iraklis

Horror injury causes shock scratching of Chicago Bull from NZ Cup

Posted by Jonny Turner | Oct 30, 2018 | Featured, Harness

Horror injury causes shock scratching of Chicago Bull from NZ Cup

The connections of Western Australian pacer Chicago Bull have been dealt a shocking blow after their pacer was ruled out of the New Zealand Cup with a broken back.

A standard veterinary procedure turned took a devastating turn when the horse had an anaphylactic reaction to an intravenous injection, trainer Gary Hall Snr told Radio TAB on Tuesday.

“We had the vet out to him on Saturday morning and they gave him some fluids, which is what we usually do after a hard run.”

“He put some dexamethasone into the jugular vein and he had an anaphylactic reaction to it and he flipped over and fractured his wither.”

“There are six bones there and he has fractured all of them, it is quite substantial.”

The incident happened just hours after Chicago Bull’s emphatic win at Alexandra Park on Friday night.

The Hall team of Gary Hall Snr and Gary Hall Jnr have been unable to confirm the details of the incident until today.

“It has been going since Saturday morning, we haven’t been able to tell anyone because we didn’t have a positive diagnosis.”

“We couldn’t get a diagnosis up in Auckland, we had to take him down to Cambridge, they have the proper x-ray machine down there.”

The injury looks to have curtailed Chicago Bull’s entire season.

Gary Hall Snr said the horse would be out of action for at least six months.

Chicago Bull will not return to Western Australia until he is fit enough to travel.

“It just means he has complete rest and there is nothing they can do for it.”

“He can’t travel like that, he is going to have to have time off over there.”

“Fingers crossed that he is going to make a full recovery, that is the most important thing.”

Well, what would have happened immediately the accident happened (Saturday morning I believe) if this had been the favourite for the Melbourne Cup!. Betting would have been suspended as connections would have been compelled to advise the authorities immediately accident happening. Why did this not happen? Anyone in the know about this injury may or may not have had a bet on another N Z Cup aspirant. The favourite now is at $3.60 having dropped from $4.40 earlier today. I trust authorities and the TAB are going to look at betting records over the past 48 to 72 hours. Remember betting was suspended on certain Harness Jewels races due to advice being passed on immediately about potential problem.  Another predicament for our wonderful RIU? Anyone got any thoughts on this?

Bugger, that is a major blow. Feel sorry for the Bull and his connections. 

This year's cup will be the weakest field since 2005 when Mainland Banner won. It's the most open cup in a long while, with 6-7 genuine winning chances, but unfortunately the weakest in ages. 

Hey Rusty, that well maybe but yuh gotta do with what yuh got, it'll still be a spectacle regardless but it just takes some of the intrigue out of Cup, hey we wanna win it yeh! but we wanna win it against all comers now Bull is out (guys saw him win last Fri woweee) and I see Alleluia aint comin, so now we get to do battle against TigerT......its cryin shame I feel for his connections....

Cheers Iraklis

2 hours ago, Iraklis said:

Hey Rusty, that well maybe but yuh gotta do with what yuh got, it'll still be a spectacle regardless but it just takes some of the intrigue out of Cup, hey we wanna win it yeh! but we wanna win it against all comers now Bull is out (guys saw him win last Fri woweee) and I see Alleluia aint comin, so now we get to do battle against TigerT......its cryin shame I feel for his connections....

Cheers Iraklis

A shame for the Met and the public also,  as it has robbed the race of a lot of interest.   I still feel there have been many cups weaker than this years.  Ultimate M, Tiger Tara, Dream About Me  are genuine cup class performers and a few others also realistic chances if they perform to their best.

"We had the vet out to him on Saturday morning and they gave him some fluids, which is what we usually do after a hard run.”

“He put some dexamethasone into the jugular vein and he had an anaphylactic reaction to it ..........."  Said Chicago Bull's trainer.

Believe me, this is no conspiracy theory but the horse is well travelled and has had some hard races so would have been given 'fluids' on many occasions. How come he's only had this anaphylactic reaction on this occasion? Did someone get something wrong?

Just asking.