RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Cubes

Swing Note

1 hour ago, scooby3051 said:

Good on you Blue nice win...he is a good rider.

Cheers Scoobs, he sure is a good rider. V good judge of pace. NZ needs jocks like him. I also have a piece of Total Excess  flipped in the gates and late scratched at Trentham. Epitomises racing doesn't it.

Well done Blue. I thought Total Excess was a great chance on Saturday - backed him at $6 when the odds came out. Hopefully not too much damage and he will be ready to race soon.

" Shall we go again ?" trilled Mrs Cubes expectantly from the jacuzzi

To be fair , The Cubemeister couldn't recall going the first time .

" You know , backing Swing Note again at Riccarton on Saturday " her royalness helpfully clarified

Why not ....go the Bluemeister

35 minutes ago, Cubes said:

" Shall we go again ?" trilled Mrs Cubes expectantly from the jacuzzi

To be fair , The Cubemeister couldn't recall going the first time .

" You know , backing Swing Note again at Riccarton on Saturday " her royalness helpfully clarified

Why not ....go the Bluemeister

Human nature decrees we return to the well but we need to be wary of returning too often. However, winning form is good form they say and she's earned her place so to finish in three would be most acceptable and possibly earn her a tilt at even greater glory the following week. An old punter told me when in my teens, back the 4 year olds in the major handicaps. It's not something I rigidly stick to but it has merit. Good to see Hot Fuss put her foot on the till again too.

3 hours ago, Blue said:

Human nature decrees we return to the well but we need to be wary of returning too often. However, winning form is good form they say and she's earned her place so to finish in three would be most acceptable and possibly earn her a tilt at even greater glory the following week. An old punter told me when in my teens, back the 4 year olds in the major handicaps. It's not something I rigidly stick to but it has merit. Good to see Hot Fuss put her foot on the till again too.

Good luck to you both for any runs in the biggest week of the racing calendar B)

3 hours ago, chelseacol said:

Good luck to you both for any runs in the biggest week of the racing calendar B)

3 hours ago, chelseacol said:

6 hours ago, Blue said:

Are the heavens going to open there today.

the rain eventually arrived properly last night Shad and its still drizzling again this morning. Not sure if it rained heavily in the night tbh as i was asleep !!

As I've mentioned before I'm only a km from the track. So I do expect a downgrade of some sort from the good track - may depend how long this lasts. No update on NZ Racing yet this morning

Col

PS - as I'm typing this the rain has got reasonably heavy

56 minutes ago, premixer said:

might need snorkel and flippers if this rain carrys on.

How well does Riccarton drain normally? 

Good question - has been a bit of a mixed bag over last 4 or 5 years.

Been heavy rain. Was back at my place an hour ago and looked like close to an inch in a bucket sitting outside. I'm assuming none of my son or his mates have used it for anything else !

I really do think it will be slow at absolute best...I heard Greg O'Connor is on trackside at 3.45pm from the track with an update.

21 minutes ago, chevy86 said:

Can you pop along the road Col and check whether they are irrigating to alleviate the risk of horses slipping!

Don't go there mate B)

Funnily enough i mentioned that possibility to a mate up North who has one in tomorrow and who is coming down..... you would think more likely to be a drowning problem than slipping.....

Metservice doesn't paint too bad a picture. Rain easing from about now, ceasing at midnight then (my forecast) with a bit of breeze and 16/17 degrees tomorrow, by mid afternoon should be a track to suit all-comers. And look - the optimism is trying to break through as we speak.

Survival of the fittest in the staying race, and some just won't handle it, and some will relish it, certainly evens things up as it was looking like a good track, before the down pour, or is their a possibility it may not go ahead.