RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
gubellini

Te Aroha Trials

Where is it all going to end, thank god I had one in heat 1 and my other two hadn’t left home yet!

More expenses for everyone, will anything happen, anybody held accountable...... no!

Interesting to hear if it was watered yesterday like the word going around....

8 minutes ago, Chris Wood said:

Where is it all going to end, thank god I had one in heat 1 and my other two hadn’t left home yet!

More expenses for everyone, will anything happen, anybody held accountable...... no!

Interesting to hear if it was watered yesterday like the word going around....

Chris why the F--- wont the trainers stand up... Surely they must see they could make a difference... what is the thing stopping them???

Apparently a horse slipped on the bend in Heat 1. Trying to reschedule the remaining trials for next Tuesday. In my view two reasons for these ongoing issues. Type of grass they are using do not have long enough roots. Fixation with achieving Dead 4 tracks leading to watering to close to Trial/Race Day. Who is behind this edict that track managers should present a Dead 4 track in summer?

25 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

And what will that achieve??? 

Well it's ethics isn't it?  why be part of an organisation that has no spine? look at the difference between what is happening here in QLD and over in your neck of the woods? Trainers here are proud to be part of their representaion body, Chris should publically resign, at least then it prove that at least one trainer there has gonads? you think?

5 hours ago, La Zip said:

Well it's ethics isn't it?  why be part of an organisation that has no spine? look at the difference between what is happening here in QLD and over in your neck of the woods? Trainers here are proud to be part of their representaion body, Chris should publically resign, at least then it prove that at least one trainer there has gonads? you think?

Correct me if I am wrong...but when NZTR started funding the TA,  we [ trainers] were nipped for the subscription with our licence fees.  It may have since altered,  but when I stated that I wouldn't be part of the useless lot, I was informed that the payment was already incorporated and so I was a member whether I liked it or not.

I couldn't afford to have the threats over my licence not being renewed unless I toed the line.

Some years ago Harness racing tried to impose a fee on owners or breeders,  not sure exactly the circumstances,  and,  similarly,  there was no ' opt out' option.

As such a practice is fundamentally illegal,  it was challenged in court by Kypros Kotzikas - and they were forced to give the idea up.

No one has challenged NZTR for doing the same - personally, I don't have the dosh so just have to go along with it.

But it sticks in my craw.

I've been a member for thirty-odd years...and I think the Assn did some good work then,  but not now.

5 hours ago, gubellini said:

Apparently a horse slipped on the bend in Heat 1. Trying to reschedule the remaining trials for next Tuesday. In my view two reasons for these ongoing issues. Type of grass they are using do not have long enough roots. Fixation with achieving Dead 4 tracks leading to watering to close to Trial/Race Day. Who is behind this edict that track managers should present a Dead 4 track in summer?

I agree with what you say about the fixation of wanting a dead 4 track. This is what is causing all the problems because water is being applied to achieve that. In my opinion and yes I am a dairy farmer but a Good 2 track now is not the same as a Good 2 in February because at the moment if you dig down in the soil a little bit you can see there is still moisture which you wont get later on unless we have a wet summer.  I know people dont like too hard of tracks for 2 year olds but you have to really take a look at that. Firstly I dont believe is pushing a horse too early becasue their bones are still growing but alot of people have them up and running now. For the 2yr olds that are in work are they not training on a firm surface already.  Surely if you are going to trial one you would  have to have galloped it on a firm surface not necesserily a dead 4. Perhaps it is time to be looking at the early 2yr old races and deciding whether these need to be rescheduled more for later in the season so that the 2yr olds have time to grow and their bones to harden. 

Sadly the trainers association sold the said organisation down the road when the subscriptions were collected, and guaranteed monies were included in the Fees via NZTR.  Sold our soles, and our voice, don’t agree with us and your funding no longer exists!

Our Association is a waste of time, as is the person that runs it, $50k a year plus expenses, surely someone must step up!

Agree regarding D4/D5  pre-meeting...insane

It's a fantastic way for clubs to  reduce turnovers!

Punters want G2/G3

BTW can someone tell me how much water was applied to the Counties track the past 2 weeks to make the rail a no go zone today?

1 hour ago, Catalano said:

...and now they're cancelled on Tuesday due to rain. I've had enough of this muppet show!! :rcf-angry-1:

We have had a huge amount of rain yesterday and today so they have been moved to Thursday

On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 12:28 PM, gubellini said:

Completely agree with what you say here Gubellini  I have been saying the same thing for years about irrigation of racetracks ? The Otaki debacle last week is just another example of a racing club being forced into  a process that some shiny arse in an Sports Turf consulting office in wellington has charged the industry tens of thousands of dollars in consultation fees for producing a " pretty bowling green" I would put money on it at shorter odds than "Winx" that this shiny arse doesn't even mow his own lawns , let alone have any financial involvement in the racing industry other than fleecing in with exuberant consulting fees. "If its not rooted its rooted"  I have the upmost respect for Michael Pitman he is the only Industry Professional that absolutely nailed the situation on Public Television in a interview with Andre Neil , he said when asked what the biggest problem in racing was he said " The irrigation of tracks" Our tracks are substandard . 30 years ago No irrigation, very few abandonments and trainers were happy to race on firm tracks , mind you firm tracks then had a good deep grass root system which fractured the soil structure beneath the grass giving it a bit of give. Now days no root structure you have a hard pan straight underneath the grass roots that are going horizontal along top of ground giving you the Carpet on a varnished floor problem.