RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Ohokaman

Cox Plate field...

Below is the field and barrier draw for the Cox Plate.

No

Horse

Trainer

Jockey

Barrier

Weight

BENBATL (GB)

Saeed Bin Suroor

Oisin Murphy

59kg

HUMIDOR (NZ)

Darren Weir

Damien Lane

59kg

KINGS WILL DREAM

Darren Weir

John Allen

59kg

AVILIUS

James Cummings

Glyn Schofield

59kg

D'ARGENTO

Chris Waller

Kerrin McEvoy

57.5kg

WINX

Chris Waller

Hugh Bowman

57kg

ROSTROPOVICH (IRE)

Aidan O'Brien

Ryan Moore

56kg

SAVVY COUP

Michael & Matthew Pitman

Chris Johnson

55.5kg

Had another look at Benbatl winning the Dubai Turf it was huge versus a field including some high class Japanese runners,  his defeats this year have excuses , too short a mile at Royal Ascot and according to Saeed Bin Suroor this morning got bad cut in Juddmonte at York even so that race will end up in top five in ratings for year. The field around him have gone on well across the world since that race, winner Roaring Lion best 3 year in Europe with Sea of Class and won four all aged group 1s in row.

Seems to be  straightforward ride as well , cannot see the Valley causing him issues.

Last two posts hit it bang on right I reckon,  find horse to beat Winx, for me it's Benbatl, she gives value to the others big style , she wins brilliant us racing fans have watched something we probably won't see again in our lives , she loses one we on wins it's money money money , she loses our punt  loses if it's a nice evening as CC posts  time for a wine or beer, summers here theres an evening of sport and Derby day the next week. What a day Saturday will be !!!  

5 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

Last two posts hit it bang on right I reckon,  find horse to beat Winx, for me it's Benbatl, she gives value to the others big style , she wins brilliant us racing fans have watched something we probably won't see again in our lives , she loses one we on wins it's money money money , she loses our punt  loses if it's a nice evening as CC posts  time for a wine or beer, summers here theres an evening of sport and Derby day the next week. What a day Saturday will be !!!  

Its fair to say it wont be Savy Coup unless an accident occurs in running.  Yes she looks good in NZ but the connections had a useful NZ sprinter a few years back which they took over there and it got run over every time it started.

18 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

On form it must be Benbatl and Avilius as the dangers. Know nothing of Rostropovich though O'Brien and Moore have been here before and won it with a first starter in Adelaide so must be respected on that alone.

Kings Will Dream is the interesting runner. They obviously feel he didn't have much of a run on Saturday and have put the blinkers on him for this. Whether he's got the class is another thing.

11 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

Its fair to say it wont be Savy Coup unless an accident occurs in running.  Yes she looks good in NZ but the connections had a useful NZ sprinter a few years back which they took over there and it got run over every time it started.

If you talking about Coup Align NM  , it was a beast at Riccarton smashed them over cup week few years back   even after  the Singapore stint it had . Was a bloody good horse and defo in my  top 10 ive seen race there in my 20 odd years here but yes Aussie in the sprint department too hot. It football terms it's going away to Real Madrid 1 down from first leg trying to score two without conceding  no chance , normally.

2 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

If you talking about Coup Align NM  , it was a beast at Riccarton smashed them over cup week few years back   even after  the Singapore stint it had . Was a bloody good horse and defo in my  top 10 ive seen race there in my 20 odd years here but yes Aussie in the sprint department too hot. It football terms it's going away to Real Madrid 1 down from first leg trying to score two without conceding  no chance , normally.

Every chance the way they are playing right now RR...:rcf-laughing-1:

3 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

On form it must be Benbatl and Avilius as the dangers. Know nothing of Rostropovich though O'Brien and Moore have been here before and won it with a first starter in Adelaide so must be respected on that alone.

Read Aussie saying to beat Winx ride Avilius like Mine That Bird was in Kentucky Derby from few years backs, swoop late after letting her make her run, don't go toe to toe. Will have to have a look at the Kentucky Derby to remind myself what he's talking about .

14 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

Its fair to say it wont be Savy Coup unless an accident occurs in running

I reckon she'll end up 4th, and pick up AUD250k for connections - not bad if you can get it :)

50 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

You're wrong there We took Coup Align to Melbourne where he won the Apache Cat Stakes his other 2 starts were on unsuitable tracks- it rained consistently- we bought him back from Melbourne on the Friday after going Melbourne -Sydney-Auckland -Christchurch he brained them in the Stewards only 5 days after leaving Melbourne CA was never "run over everytime he started" as you put it apology accepted!!!

5th. $200k

4th $250k plenty of horses don't win that in a lifetime

5 minutes ago, uneasy said:

You're wrong there We took Coup Align to Melbourne where he won the Apache Cat Stakes his other 2 starts were on unsuitable tracks- it rained consistently- we bought him back from Melbourne on the Friday after going Melbourne -Sydney-Auckland -Christchurch he brained them in the Stewards only 5 days after leaving Melbourne CA was never "run over everytime he started" as you put it apology accepted!!!

Had huge weight in that Stewards I recall Uneasy, you had a cracking horse there , was always brilliant to watch as a racefan , was a performance that was worth my entrance fee that day plus some . Good luck this weekend , be great for SI racing fans to watch.

Thanks he was a very special horse Will be great for all connections of Savvy I take it Newmarket doesn't reside in SI the only negative comment I have heard or seen I admire the owners and let's hope we get a good result -top 5 will be good top 4 better top 3 will be like winning NZ Oaks. All I can say is she is well and tries hard and the opportunity to race in one of the worlds best races against the worlds best horse and their connections will be a rare privilege that we are looking forward to being part of. I remain optimistic that I may yet get there as I write this from ward 17 Chch public Hospital 

19 minutes ago, uneasy said:

5th. $200k

4th $250k plenty of horses don't win that in a lifetime

I think you have missed the point of my post - we as in myself and RR were talking about something to beat Winx. And i suggested it wont be Savy Coup unless something really amiss occurs.

You and Ray are having a throw at the stumps which you are perfectly entitled to do, when you quote 4th and 5th prize money that obviously  reflects your level of realism as to her chances.Either way im sure everyone wishes you,Ray and the horse all the best on Saturday

I stand corrected about the Apache Cat Stakes error.

26 minutes ago, uneasy said:

Thanks he was a very special horse Will be great for all connections of Savvy I take it Newmarket doesn't reside in SI the only negative comment I have heard or seen I admire the owners and let's hope we get a good result -top 5 will be good top 4 better top 3 will be like winning NZ Oaks. All I can say is she is well and tries hard and the opportunity to race in one of the worlds best races against the worlds best horse and their connections will be a rare privilege that we are looking forward to being part of. I remain optimistic that I may yet get there as I write this from ward 17 Chch public Hospital 

All the best to you Michael....hope you can make it, will be a great day whatever happens....:rcfe-like:

24 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

I think you have missed the point of my post - we as in myself and RR were talking about something to beat Winx. And i suggested it wont be Savy Coup unless something really amiss occurs.

You and Ray are having a throw at the stumps which you are perfectly entitled to do, when you quote 4th and 5th prize money that obviously  reflects your level of realism as to her chances.Either way im sure everyone wishes you,Ray and the horse all the best on Saturday

I stand corrected about the Apache Cat Stakes error.

I've given myself a big Tyson Fury uppercut NM, I forgot Coup Align won over there , bloody age is causing the brain cells to weaken .

Interesting that Trap for Fools was actually not permitted in the race because his form wasn’t good enough. I think that’s great, let’s watch the best and not have any excuses getting caught behind tiring horses. 

Just my thoughts that Winx will need to be ridden closer to the pace considering the short run home if their is a there is a tear away pacemaker with a decent break on the home turn.

a huge fan of this great mare like many others and I hold my breath every time she jumps that she will keep her record in tack.

All the best Mr Uneasy. Had a horse that was nearly in the field back in the 80 s. They replaced it with a horse who ran 300 m last. In the days when you had some sort of chance. 

Even that was a massive buzz. Hope you make it and have a great time. And who knows . Good luck. 

3 hours ago, Red Rum said:

Not sure they miss CR7 though, he could be in few years of strife court wise. 

Media beat up that story. He goes back to United this week with Juventus in the Champions League.

Real Madrid have the little matter of El Clasico with Barcelona at the weekend.....:rcf-laughing-3: