RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
myk

$3oo,ooo=00

the was a one news special on this week about racing and telegraph day......oh wait that was about drug using jockeys!! Way to go NZ racing, positive week for racing and you turn it into a negative by making out all our jockeys are druggies!!

Ah I saw that, joseph...

I was quite tempted to write in to TVNZ and ask 'If you can rubbish New Zealand Racing because of two or three ratbags, can I expect you, very shortly, to remember the names Tony Veitch, Paul Henry and Martin Devlin and run a similar expos

Ah I saw that, joseph...

I was quite tempted to write in to TVNZ and ask 'If you can rubbish New Zealand Racing because of two or three ratbags, can I expect you, very shortly, to remember the names Tony Veitch, Paul Henry and Martin Devlin and run a similar expos

and stated about the quick rise to fame for young jockeys and them strggling to cope with it etc etc.

Which really was a daft analogy on Cameron's part, wasn't it?

You only have to look at professional football - any code - to find suddenly-in-the-limelight stars in other sports struggling to cope...

Why, without even researching, I can think of recent examples like Aussie Rules stars posting pics of team-mates' genitals on the net, Joel Monaghan allowing a pooch's sharp teeth way too close to his own genitals, Quade Cooper nicking laptops...

All those Australians, lol; it must be (Pick on) Australia Day!

Listen you whinging bastards Winnies money was a 'one off gratuity courtesy of the tax payer'. Get over it, let it go, it was a gift and now it's been and gone.

Now instead of moaning and whinging about stakes why don't you dedicate your single brain cell ( it should be fresh as it hasn't been used) and work out how to 'grow the pie' because until we do that, and earn more money, stakes, and the entire industry, will be going nowhere.

Simple start,bring back the informer or something similar.Thats approx another 2-400 dollars out of me,10-20,000 extra a year.Backed Chad Ormsby last weekend,only bets all week.Grandkids love pop with extra money in the pocket.

while I agree owners and trainers are punters and I would even include their friends and family in that group,but the far bigger group of punters are people who don't currently own a horse. Otherwise owners and trainers should stop betting on the NZTAB and just organise their own sweepstake meetings at their own training tracks using their own betting exchange rather than funnelling their money through the highly inefficient NZTAB.

Now you say you can't divide sectors arbitrarily but that is exactly what NZRB does for example in the 15 years leading up to winstons 30 million stakes on NZracing had ridden at a faster pace than inflation yet remarkably despite the 30 million gst reduction which coming directly from punters of both groups, there was a takeout reduction on only one bet type, quinellas which produced a subsequent significant increase in betting on quinellas and this has now been reversed to an increase.

However stake money on NZ racing combined with fee reductions /eliminations meant a benefit in over 50% for the owners group. One owner on here made the famous statement that stakes are the drivers of betting .yeah sure!!!! the result was a decline in betting on NZ racing of 4% and worse the club that benefitted most with the increase in stakes, ARC, declined 15%.

The folly of the punters only group having no say in our administration means the industry finds its self in the situation where even the addition of 15,000 extra races from overseas is producing no extra revenue and we have totally uncompetitive pricing of our product with no hope whatsoever of growing the pie.

But then again I am probably totally wrong again/still and all will be well when the recession aftershocks stop and Air NZ will start breeding pygs instead of buying aircraft.

With Winston's money run out what will the Derby, Auckland Cup and the 2000 Guineas be worth?

Can possibly see ARC trying to keep the Derby a seven-figure race, but the others?

I seem to recall our code's share of Winston's largesse was allocated to:

the 2000 Guineas

the Railway

the Telegraph

the NZ Derby.

Can anyone remember how much went to each of these? Thanks.