RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Rusty

Saddlecloth Numbers - why?

Who are the individuals that dream up and then approve, the layout of the saddlecloth numbers for the sires stakes heats? 

The current ones are absolutely useless, just like last year and the countless years before. Unless you had business interests in the company that sponsors the series, I can guarantee that nobody else with at least half a brain likes them. The numbers are bloody hard to read and my eyes are relatively young compared to most of the punters on course or in the TABs. 

The sires stakes final on cup day obviously draws a large number of patrons and I would suggest a very large percentage are not regular race goers, and an even bigger percentage would not be familiar with the different racing silks. Harness racing would be better off showcasing their big day where the punters can actually SEE THE SADDLECLOTH NUMBERS, NOT THE BLOODY SPONSORS LOGO. 

Yes sponsors are important, look after them, important for stake money blah blah blah, but don't bugger up the basic things that should really be so straight forward, a blind man could see it. If ya reading this and are blind, you're not missing out on the saddlecloth numbering that's for sure.

20181020_114001.jpg

20181020_114016.jpg

Don't worry guys, I believe the ATC will be supplying cloths for all their races in the not too distant future.     Sorry trainers, sweaty horses in the summer again.     I thought this one of the reasons why Cambridge reverted to the tried & true.      Perhaps ATC have found a material that "breathes".     But sorry. you will never get the numbers clear as they are now when they are attached to the horses under the gear and sulky shafts.    

23 hours ago, eljay said:

But sorry. you will never get the numbers clear as they are now when they are attached to the horses under the gear and sulky shafts.    

Nah never happen would it.

20181023_090016.jpg