RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Kotare_Hunter

JCA Committee to hear Exclusion Enquiry

https://theinformant.co.nz/jca-committee-to-hear-exclusion-enquiry/

A special Judicial Control Authority (JCA) hearing will take place in Christchurch on Tuesday as two horsemen seek to return to the race track.
The two were excluded by the Racing Integrity Unit after being charged with serious racing offences in early September.
In a statement to The Informant this afternoon, the JCA confirmed the hearing was scheduled to take place.
It is understood a former High Court Judge will preside over the hearing, where the Racing Integrity Unit is seeking rulings as to the validity of the exclusion notices.
“Two of the persons the subject of an exclusion from driving at any totalisator meeting sought to have the exclusion reviewed,” said the JCA in a statement.
“Subsequently the RIU sought rulings as to the validity of the exclusion notices.
“The applications for rulings by the RIU have been set down for hearing before a Judicial Committee of the JCA.”
The hearing, set down for one day, will take place at Addington Raceway on Tuesday.

Very interesting Kotare, lots of money being wasted on lawyers  where HRNZ could show some leadership and rescind licenses until any match/race fixing court cases are adjudicated on. Just a suggestion.

The drivers concerned employment status would be self employed contractor would they not

39 minutes ago, Fartoomuch said:

where HRNZ could show some leadership and rescind licenses until any match/race fixing court cases are adjudicated on. Just a suggestion.

I have no idea what HRNZ's view of this whole matter is. Does anyone actually know. I am assuming they are interested observers.

Based on the presumption of guilt I think your suggestion flies.

This review must be applauded and hopefully it will result in a reinstatement for Blair Orange and John Dunn. It is still a mystery to me, however that the same requirements haven't been applied for Natalie Rassmussen

3 hours ago, Fartoomuch said:

Very interesting Kotare, lots of money being wasted on lawyers  where HRNZ could show some leadership and rescind licenses until any match/race fixing court cases are adjudicated on. Just a suggestion.

The drivers concerned employment status would be self employed contractor would they not

Maybe you are wrong Fartoomuch and RIU got it so wrong - you have big blinds on I would say . 

1 hour ago, LongOwner said:

Maybe you are wrong Fartoomuch and RIU got it so wrong - you have big blinds on I would say . 

And of course you are never wrong on this subject despite being run over in various debates.

Your noblesse is fascinating. They are  innocent until proven guilty in court but can create havoc until that occurs and who cares about the greater industry and their participants.Certainly not you and many others The game is amateur as it is bar a few stables and this is a chance to be seen to above reproach to current and future investors and punters. Your posts do the latter a great disservice IMHO.

21 hours ago, Stables said:

This review must be applauded and hopefully it will result in a reinstatement for Blair Orange and John Dunn. It is still a mystery to me, however that the same requirements haven't been applied for Natalie Rassmussen

It is because there are different charges involved.

49 minutes ago, Kotare_Hunter said:

"was" being the operative word

For a time she was also prevented from going on course to ply her trade which seemed odd.

So what are you saying. Your above post could lead to several different conclusions. Not sure whether you are deliberately trying to muddy the waters ,but that's the impression I get.  One thing I think pretty obvious, if the person concerned had no charges pending then we would have read it on their website.

If Joseph babich  can have his convictions for actual serious charges  quashed,then anyone with money can I guess.

2 hours ago, what a post said:

So what are you saying. Your above post could lead to several different conclusions. Not sure whether you are deliberately trying to muddy the waters ,but that's the impression I get.  One thing I think pretty obvious, if the person concerned had no charges pending then we would have read it on their website.

If Joseph babich  can have his convictions for actual serious charges  quashed,then anyone with money can I guess.

No mud Kotare but respecting of supression orders means mis information cant always be corrected.

PM'ed you

52 minutes ago, Stables said:

The charge was possession for supply. The same charge as Matt Anderson and I note he has not been able to return to race driving

Not according to the tweet from Garrick Knight in the article in the link above.

On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 2:41 PM, Stables said:

What you mean.One lot racefixing charges,Nats only drug charges.Totally different and not sure what you getting at there.

3 hours ago, Kotare_Hunter said:

Charges have since been tinkered with.

https://www.hrnz.co.nz/news-and-events/latest-news/7502-update-on-raceday-exclusions

Update on Raceday Exclusions

24 October 2018

By Michael Guerin

Two of New Zealand harness racing’s biggest names could know by the end of the week whether than can resume driving on raceday.

The Judicial Control Authority heard submissions from two horsepeople as well as representatives of the Racing Integrity Unit in Christchurch yesterday about the exclusion notices served on the pair.

The exclusion notices were issued after a number of Canterbury properties were raided and arrests made in September but the names of those charged and the exact nature of the charges are subject to suppression by court order.

The horsepeople involved have been allowed to train and drive at workouts and trials but not raceday and they, listed as Mr X and Mr Y at yesterday’s hearing, are seeking to have those exclusions lifted so they have return to driving at race meetings.

The JCA reserved their decision but it is expected that decision could be released before the end of the week or next week at the latest as one of the most important times in harness racing, New Zealand Cup, looms.

While only two of the horsepeople facing charges argued against their exclusion notices yesterday if the JCA rules in their favour and they return to race driving it is expected the exclusion notices for all those charged will be lifted until their charges are heard, more than likely not until next year.

A court date has been set for later next month to determine whether the suppression of names and the exact charges remain.