RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Track Record

New Track Record @ Addington

Calling Jape

I know they reduced the lime or took it out of the sand mix at Addington

Very rarely was 30 seconds ever broken, yes better dogs but is the track seems to be running fast as the speed creeps up closer to cup week.

10 hours ago, bus stop said:

Can only see 3 trainers contesting the NZ Cup FInal Coles ,Fahey and Roberts with the glass of dogs they curently aming for the cup.

BAGO BYE BYE is a fast dog, but hes struggling to lead C1 and 2 races. I would wait until he gets to the top before I comment on his winning chances

On another note, Addington has been flying recently, That has to be the 3rd or 4th time the 500m track records been broken in as many months

On 10/19/2018 at 8:13 PM, lad27 said:

Calling Jape

I know they reduced the lime or took it out of the sand mix at Addington

Very rarely was 30 seconds ever broken, yes better dogs but is the track seems to be running fast as the speed creeps up closer to cup week.

Hello lad27. Good to hear from you.

I am not sure about your suggestion.re the lime and. if I get the chance, I will ask that question at the AGM which is tomorrow night at Addington.

My own feeling is that there have been a couple of sensational litters over the last 2-3 seasons and, combined almost invariably with perfect conditions for racing, they have  demolished the 30-second barrier to smithereens.

However, in most cases the winners have left the others far behind and consequently - up until very recently -  the "also-rans" have not bettered the 30-second mark.

And recently, in a couple of races, we did see more than one greyhound produce a time that would have won almost any other race than the one they were in that day.definitelt made a difference, too.

Then again, with few exceptions, the sprinters haven't set the tracks alight. Nervous Wave set the 295m mark for the c0 dogs of 17.10 sec in April 2006. 

Of the 6 grades only Clone Your Own

A continuing series of ideal weather conditions has 

Hello again lad27

That message above was about to be edited when it disappeared into the ether last week. Only to suddenly re-appear just now!! Ah, the wonders of modern technology combined with fat fingers!!

About 10-11 years ago now there were some very speedy greyhounds flying around Addington  e.g. Miss Koonawarra, Johnny Midnight, Watch The Jet, Pizza Girl, Winsome Ashley, Emulate who obliterated many of the old marks. Some of those records still stand: Watch The Jet/Miss Koonawarra/Winsome Ashley.Pizza Girl/Emulate.

What are the combination you need for records? (1) Perfect conditions. That is, warm and no wind. Not always the case at the exposed track at Addington but surprisingly common in the last couple of months.(2) A clean getaway and a trouble-free run thereafter. (3) A very, very fast greyhound.

That combination has been very much in evidence lately.

Btw, are congratulations in order from yesterday's meeting? If so, well done!!

if he gets a run keep your eye on a very fast & strong dog called zipping Archie.was 10 in front and running the arms off the clock at 

Sandown,  metres from the winning post saw shadows and pulled up ?? been in nz for a few months now ready to go. this dog will be a 

" super star".

Zipping Archie gets a start from Box 1 in Race 9, Heat 3 against track record holder Bago Bye Bye.

In 8 race starts has only won in fast time once: a 30.18 run at Cranbourne from Box 1.

Zipping Archie a big leggy, brute of a dog. Lowest winning wieght 37.6 kgs. Highest winning weight 38.3 kgs. Will be interesting to see how he goes against the Open graders.