RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Ruby

Maija Vance -UPDATES AND SOCIAL RACING HORSES NEWS

Support the Maija Vance appeal and get yourself a share in the Social Racing Starting Gates syndicate to race fillies from the Marsh Racing and Millar Racing stables.
Register your donation amount in comments and the highest final bid will get a 12 month fully paid syndicate membership (value $500).
Closes 8pm Thursday 25th October but may be extended at Admin discretion. Minimum final bid $300.
Only the winner of the syndicate share is required to make payment into the gofundme account but underbidders are also encouraged to support this worthy cause.

/www.gofundme.com/help-maija-walk-again?fbclid=IwAR0ONPl6NAuReLX6riQw2srElw2QF62LAdQ1Pq5OcsauQaIQmIo3B_QFGSM

OK so now Racecafe's owner has shares in  the Social Racing Syndicate and Maija will be managing the horses and keeping everyone here up to date on the horses progress.

Happy to announce all proceeds will go to Maija whatever they earn and we will continue the shares on after the 12 month period is up(if the horses continue), and all proceeds from today forward earned by the horses will go to Maija to assist in her recovery...lets hope they are champions....and have the will to succeed like she does herself.

The Two Horses In The Social Racing Syndicate Are        

Moonflower in work at present looking to step up her training soon

Jakkifromthenaki is the other one spelling at present may there may be another horse added in to the syndicate, updates later.

Maija Vance

Social Racing auctioned online a 12 month share in the Starting Gates syndicate to raise money for the Maija Vance appeal and this was purchased for $1000 by Leigh McKenzie, owner of the Race café website.   Leigh will also be donating his share of any stake money and we acknowledge this kind gesture and welcome him to the syndicate. 

Also great to read this article today :  Maija making progress

Message from Maija Vance :
Hi everyone,
The support I've received after my fall has been overwhelming but I just want to say a special thank you to Brent from Social Racing for setting up the auction for an exciting share in the Group, Also to Leigh Mckenzie from Race Cafe for the highest bid of $1000 with also letting me be a part of the Syndicates success which is such a massive gesture. It's so exciting to be a part of the Social Racing Syndicate and I can't wait to have some promising horses to follow. 
Happy racing

I thought I read somewhere Maija had taken her first couple of steps. That's actually a giant leap forward. A few years ago after open heart surgery I did the 100km Oxfam walk. With a daughter and a couple of her friends we cut it out in just on 20 hours and finished 8th from 280-odd teams. Someone asked how do you walk 100kms and so I say to Maija it's just one foot in front of the other 100,000 times. No doubt she'll get there.

Hi everyone Maija will be keeping everyone up to date here with her progress and also how the Horses are going as well. Here is her latest progress and her best mate....

FROM MAIJA

I've been getting a bit more movement and feeling through my legs, I do physio twice a day and they have just started letting me do independent excercises which is things I'm okay to do in the gym by myself which I spend most of my day doing. My release date from hospital was supposed to be the 21st of November, however they want me to stay an extra two weeks because they are worried I might hurt myself if I go home to early, as I'm always trying to do things I'm not quite capable of yet. 

I've been able to put some weight through my legs while in a frame holding my body, although my left leg is having a lot of spasms, it's spasms uncontrollably through out the whole day and almost every time I try move, the doctors are planning to treat it with an injection of botox to try stop the spasms.

My Dad comes in every morning to see me and bring Toro in and my Mum comes every evening to have dinner with me and take toro home.

unnamed-2.jpg

Updates on the syndicate horses.....

Unfortunately Moonflower has had an elevated temperature for a few days that has not responded satisfactorily to treatment, so will miss the trials at Cambridge next Tuesday.   It’s nothing serious but she is just in need of a week or so in isolation with a hot toddy to fully recover.

Janelle Millar reports that Jakki has been back in work a couple of weeks now and so far so good. The new Charm Spirit filly, nickname Snickers, will be back at the stable Monday and I will get a video of both next week.