RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Fartoomuch

Mick The Name Dropper

The box seat is fast becoming a farce with MG in the seat. Ive been away at the Arc and then went to see Laz and do an interview with his trainer and ask him about Laz as he comes from Australasia. Wrong Mick, he comes from NZ

Good racing coming up over the next few days Mick , yes Greg but im off to Melbourne to see my galloper run at Caulfield-- Brilliant name dropping Mick

Mick may have a lot of knowledge but he has always been a name dropper.This is only marginally worse than his consistent sucking up to a certain stable which sadly another commentator is also guilty of! Mick and co there are other trainers out there give them the same amount of coverage..

8 hours ago, MalcolmH said:

Mick may have a lot of knowledge but he has always been a name dropper.This is only marginally worse than his consistent sucking up to a certain stable which sadly another commentator is also guilty of! Mick and co there are other trainers out there give them the same amount of coverage..

The same amount of coverage haha really? The same amount??But the other trainers out there don't have the same volume and class of cattle. Nowhere near it.

The blue army dominate harness racing so is it not "fair" that they get a decent amount of coverage?

Jesus they are likely to have almost a third of the runners starting in the cup this year. Plus their intermediate grade and juvenile runners will be fair flying. It is now common place where the stable win multiple races on the big race days. They clean up the majority of age group racing for pacers.

I would rather hear about the news from the All Stars camp and have Michael relaying his phone calls to Purdon etc like he does on the box seat, than get the same amount of news from the nobodys and also rans.

Variety is nice though, good interesting piece on the Barron bros a while back on the box seat.

Well I for one really liked the piece on The Champ which is really the only reason I watched it :rcfe-smile: but also wanted to get a line who's who for The Cup (we gotta put up some kind of fight for it against those aus raiders), but what I find bemusing is how horse people out there in racing are amazed at Laz and Heaven Rocks actually recognisin each other in stable over there, have been around horses all my life, and yes they form friendships just like we do, can and do recognise ol friends just like we do whats with that? great footnote though......and yes JimmyT our Laz is a 'cool guy' reeeaaal cool guy :rcfe-happy-2:

GOOOOOO!!!! The Mighty AllStars for The Cup!!!

Cheers Iraklis

59 minutes ago, Fartoomuch said:

The show lost a lot of its lustre when the Whale left. Im hearing he was sick of you know who. The good news is that hes now trying to be an expert on TB's so it may all end well after all , our gain their loss

Totally agree. The whale brought a bit of tactical analysis on betting, and on a couple of occasions at least, it appeared he was belittled by a co-host, so totally understandable if he wanted to swim away from the show. 

Interesting to get polarised views on this.
I think the hosts are doing their job. Name dropping needs to be a part of that, as I want them talking to the people that are newsworthy; going to the places that are topical; sharing 'knowledge' they have gained from appropriate sources. 
Chiming in with their own opinions promotes discussion, particularly when it conflicts with the opinions of viewers.

Sure there are other newsworthy members of our racing fraternity; maybe the junior driver interviews are the first step in satisfying this need.

I see the involvement of Sheldon, Matt, Michael, Greg on the thoroughbred shows as being a vote of confidence for the quality job they perform.

2 hours ago, Rusty said:

Totally agree. The whale brought a bit of tactical analysis on betting, and on a couple of occasions at least, it appeared he was belittled by a co-host, so totally understandable if he wanted to swim away from the show. 

Belittled is exactly what it was and why The Whale left or so i heard. Dont blame him,

Mick do us a favor and stay in Australia, Trackside get Mat Cross and Greg on the box seat far more enjoyable if MG cannot work it out, that one of the all time greats Lazarus was bred ,born and owned in NZ won 2 NZ CUPS and a host other Group 1 races, and could quite conceivably go to be one of the all time world greats. Australasian horse what a complete ludicrous, dumb, stupid statement. I would imagine that the past connections of Lazarus would be over the moon with that comment, yeah rite.

We are better off for having Mick but honestly someone close to him ( Problem ) needs to take him aside and remind him that when he was playing barefoot outside those West Coast pubs , those conversations he overheard were not a blueprint for discussion or debate. He who talks loudest and for longest isn't necessarily the winner. As for the bravado over the overseas trips........... we are talking a mere $10k to do all that which is F%&%^ all.

Most of us have important work to do at this time of the year. 

11 hours ago, Fartoomuch said:

Greg obviously felt left out so he gets the im off to Cox Plate on Saturday during Box Seat. Heres me thinking it was a harness show.

Dead right Fartoomuch.

Noone cares that he is going.

Oh hang on, might be someone, as it will mean a better "tipster" (selector?) will be offering their picks and "suggested bets" on Saturday at Riccarton instead. 

11 hours ago, Rusty said:

Dead right Fartoomuch.

Noone cares that he is going.

Oh hang on, might be someone, as it will mean a better "tipster" (selector?) will be offering their picks and "suggested bets" on Saturday at Riccarton instead. 

Im feeling really nervous now as that leaves the young upstart Cross to present. Its obvious he idolizes GO and MG as he gushes constantly in there presence.

As for his tipping ability in the TB role, i rate him slightly below Sweeney so i there's not much more to say. IMHO:rcfe-happy-2:

On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 12:02 PM, Fartoomuch said:

Greg obviously felt left out so he gets the im off to Cox Plate on Saturday during Box Seat. Heres me thinking it was a harness show.

As a member of the Metropolitan TC ( Addington ) you get reciprocal rites at Mooney Valley although he may try the Press bludge approach .... good luck with that one mate. In any event even in the members stand at MV he wont actually see much in fact you would get a better view at the Yaldy.

I have been there several times and have vowed never to go again.