RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Ohokaman

The Khashoggi mystery...

Jamal Khashoggi was a man with an audience. Few of his fellow Saudis can match his 1.6 million Twitter followers. He’s a writer, journalist, and a one-time confidante of Saudi royals.

Then, presumably as part of a drive by Saudi Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman (MBS) to consolidate power before he becomes king, several of Khashoggi’s friends were arrested. When Khashoggi spoke publicly on his friends’ behalf, he lost his job with the kingdom’s al-Hayat newspaper and was reportedly advised to stop tweeting.

In June 2017, Khashoggi left Saudi Arabia for the United States, where he has since written for The Washington Post. Khashoggi has become an outspoken critic of the Saudi government and crown prince, both in print and on various television networks.

“I have left my home, my family and my job, and I am raising my voice. To do otherwise would betray those who languish in prison,” Khashoggi wrote for thePost in September 2017. Of Mohammad bin Salman, Khashoggi said, “Yes, he’s fulfilling a promise to purge radicalism in Saudi Arabia. But… he’s not allowing any form of expression, except expression that supports him.”

One week ago, Khashoggi and his fiancée, a Turkish citizen, went to the Saudi consulate in Istanbul so that Khashoggi could fill out paperwork that would allow them to marry. Khashoggi, reassured by friends that Saudi officials would not arrest him, entered the building. His fiancée waited outside. Khashoggi never came out.

Turkish investigators say they believe Khashoggi was murdered inside the consulate, that the murder was planned in advance, and that Saudis smuggled his body from the building. The Saudi government denies the charge. No evidence has yet been publicly presented, but the astonishing accusation that Saudis have murdered a journalist in the heart of Istanbul has made headlines around the world.

The denials by the Saudis are just not credible. 15 Saudi Nationals flew to Turkey ( so the Turks must know who they are, the identification of the planes, who owns them etc..? ) and entered the Saudi Consulate...without approval...?! It is hard to imagine what Khashoggi's feelings must have been when his own people dragged him to another room and injected, tortured and dismembered him...not necessarily in that order......The Saudi Consul rapidly departs before the Turks arrive, the place has been sanitised and painted over.....and this was just "an accident"....??

Mr Trump and Co apparently believe that the Saudis hierarchy had no knowledge of any of this. Really....?! Pompeo flies for thirteen hours for a one hour meeting, smiling away sitting opposite a butcher. Just so they can say "we really laid it on the line, if they are involved, we won't be happy...there will be repercussions...yada yada...."  Yeah right.

It's all about money right ? The billions of dollars the Saudis spend in the US is apparently all that matters. This could be the most important decision this US Administration have to make. The World expects the US to be better than the Russians, the Chinese, the Saudis, the Libyans, the Syrians and many others with human rights abuse histories.

How far has the US moral compass fallen ? I guess we'll have to wait and see....

28 minutes ago, Lee270744 said:

Jump to Followers - Donald J. Trump Twitter Followers. @realDonaldTrump has 55,183,238 followers on Twitter. This account is #17 in the worldwide rank ..

This is a man with an audience.

There are a lot of morons out there...hardly surprising.

12 minutes ago, 100 1 said:

From the 12.30 mark may shed some light on the situation.

Who is this moron ? Trump has no ties to Saudi Arabia ? Is he kidding ? The $40-50 m apartments Trump boasted about selling was fake news was it ? Kushner is up to his ears in it. They are covering up big time to come up with some semi plausible story that no one in their right minds will buy.

The guy has been murdered and dismembered. It came from the top. But don't expect Trump to say that. His moral compass disappeared a long time ago, if he ever had one.

2 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

Who is this moron ? Trump has no ties to Saudi Arabia ? Is he kidding ? The $40-50 m apartments Trump boasted about selling was fake news was it ? Kushner is up to his ears in it. They are covering up big time to come up with some semi plausible story that no one in their right minds will buy.

The guy has been murdered and dismembered. It came from the top. But don't expect Trump to say that. His moral compass disappeared a long time ago, if he ever had one.

That moron is more credible than your propaganda.

Baa Baa

OK prove this wrong

Joseph Mifsud the UK spy that the FBI inserted into the TRUMP campaign was on Khashoogi’s payroll.

SA cleaning house?

Khashoogi no ordinary journalist.?

George Papadopoulos @GeorgePapa19 Nov 21

More

In January 2017 it was unbeknownst to every American, especially me that: 1) Joseph Mifsud is no Russian agent. He was western intelligence sent to entrap and make up lies. 2) “Putin’s niece” is a fake 3) Alexander Downer was not repping Australia America deserves the truth

George Papadopoulos @GeorgePapa19 Nov 20

More

Can’t forget this: Joseph Mifsud was on Khashoogi’s payroll. This was no ordinary “journalist,” just like Mifsud was no ordinary “academic.” That Mifsud-Khashoogi connection is much deeper than many realize. I witnessed it in London.

397 replies4,337 retweets7,022 likes

Retweet

Direct message