RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Tony

No B Sample

I heard Peter Earley talking to Mike Godber today on the radio and they were discussing a positive to TCO2 down south. The Owner or Trainer had asked for the B Sample to be tested. Godber says that no B Sample is required to be available to the owner or Trainer because the RIU test it twice. This doesn't seem right. Any sport, even Pony Clubs that test for drugs must have a B Sample available to the other party. The rules state "no B Sample, No disqualification". That's why on some high profile cases the B Sample gets lost. In Australia they take 6 vials of blood for the TCO2 tests. 4 for the Integrity people and 2 for a B Sample if required. Surely our testing requirements must be the same as other countries under the International Racing Federation and their rules.

Reading through some of the posts and I noticed that Owner/Trainer in New Zealand has no leg to stand on re a positive to TCO2,  NZR  do not supply a B sample for independent screening if required, in Australia and most of Asian countries the governing bodies provide B samples  if requested by trainer to have it independently tested, I was led to believe that most of the Thoroughbred racing rules come under the International Racing Federation, this not a correct procedure, under the Westminster system all are innocent until proven guilty, when we talk about integrity of racing it should be for both parties  the governing body and the defendant. I surely hope NZR come to their senses and allow B samples to be independently tested.

10 hours ago, Pontoon said:

Reading through some of the posts and I noticed that Owner/Trainer in New Zealand has no leg to stand on re a positive to TCO2,  NZR  do not supply a B sample for independent screening if required, in Australia and most of Asian countries the governing bodies provide B samples  if requested by trainer to have it independently tested, I was led to believe that most of the Thoroughbred racing rules come under the International Racing Federation, this not a correct procedure, under the Westminster system all are innocent until proven guilty, when we talk about integrity of racing it should be for both parties  the governing body and the defendant. I surely hope NZR come to their senses and allow B samples to be independently tested.

Absolutely. If this info is correct then the whole testing and prosecution procedures are more than flawed, laughable, anyway, when was the last time testing for elevated TCO2 levels was done in the North? and what budget do they have for it? it's 2018, not 1944, or it might be in parts of Petone.

This is bizarre if true. Surely not. I never heard of a prohibited substance offence where no B sample was provided. The only evidence for the hearing is that provided by the prosecution? The defendant has no opportunity to verify their findings independently? No rule is required surely. It is a fundamental principle of natural justice isn't it? I'd be defending on the basis that there was no opportunity to verify the RIU evidence when that should have and could been provided in line with international procedures. Otherwise, it is nothing but a kangaroo court and this is supposed to be an integrity unit? The sooner it is dismantled the better.