RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
ivanthegreat

J Mac at Flemington

Great to see him winning at Flemington and boy what great horses , they won so arrogantly but they were not pretty rides.

Chris Waller alluded to this in the post race interview following the Autumn Suns win but the best was yet to come with the performance of the English stayer YUCATAN wow what a horse .......... I rate that one of the best performances by a horse I have ever seen but the ride was worse than Harpo Marx in the " Day at the Races ".

10 minutes ago, ivanthegreat said:

Great to see him winning at Flemington and boy what great horses , they won so arrogantly but they were not pretty rides.

Chris Waller alluded to this in the post race interview following the Autumn Suns win but the best was yet to come with the performance of the English stayer YUCATAN wow what a horse .......... I rate that one of the best performances by a horse I have ever seen but the ride was worse than Harpo Marx in the " Day at the Races ".

I seen him win 2 at Caulfield yesterday didn't know he rode at flemington as well.

19 minutes ago, swampfox said:

the autumn sun be the only horse in oz to test winx in the cox plate.waller woudnt line him up for that reason.your thoughts on that

That's a few million bucks question , win that and another nought goes onto its value , would up the shuttle potential maybe ? from Aga Khan European  damline .Big wfa  allowance , on a course that sees regular hard luck stories. I suppose it's how forcefull owners are , it's Arrowfield Stud I think ? , so what they say will go in that case. What would be the reason not too unless they think it will bottom the horse out. Say they didn't and Winx runs under par , it could happen nothing is 100 per cent  and then it's for taking they might kick themselves, not too hard tho cause they loaded anyway.

14 hours ago, swampfox said:

the autumn sun be the only horse in oz to test winx in the cox plate.waller woudnt line him up for that reason.your thoughts on that

The trainer believes him to be the 2nd best horse he has ever trained.Given the way stud potential rules racing in Ozzie now i would be surprised if they clashed even though Messara's Arrowfield secured 50% last week

14 hours ago, swampfox said:

IMO Chris Waller appears to favour not fronting up and suggesting the owners will make the decision.

Which ever way you look at it its going to be a massive call.

Would he want to rain on the Winx parade ........... NO. Lets face it its probably going to be her swan song win or not.

If the Autumn Sun lines up it has a royal show of being the horse to end the run of wins given the Cox Plate is run on that stupid Moonie track ( reminds me of Claudlands ). Many a great horse has got beaten there ......... some refused to even run there.

7 minutes ago, ivanthegreat said:

IMO Chris Waller appears to favour not fronting up and suggesting the owners will make the decision.

Which ever way you look at it its going to be a massive call.

Would he want to rain on the Winx parade ........... NO. Lets face it its probably going to be her swan song win or not.

If the Autumn Sun lines up it has a royal show of being the horse to end the run of wins given the Cox Plate is run on that stupid Moonie track ( reminds me of Claudlands ). Many a great horse has got beaten there ......... some refused to even run there.

I stand to be corrected Ivan but doesn't Winx have an immaculate Grp 1 record at Moonie

11 minutes ago, ivanthegreat said:

Yes as far as I am aware but given her racing style , if she is ever going to get beaten it will be there.

agree itg if they both raced to last start pattern she coudnt give the autumn sun a 5length start.will be conceding weight as well.

3 minutes ago, swampfox said:

agree itg if they both raced to last start pattern she coudnt give the autumn sun a 5length start.will be conceding weight as well.

She wouldn't give Benbatl 5 lengths on his run Saturday let alone TAS imho. Some great value outside her , 11s  bar her last I looked. I know some say best horse wins mostly there but how many of us have seen a horse they backed go untested absolutely  stiff to the line there.i had Foundation there year or so back in that position , bloody frustrating a decent odds so I'd never go large on 1.25 shot there.

59 minutes ago, Jape said:

Benbatl. The one to be scared of.if he takes on the Cox.

He is very highly regarded by Godolphin Jape, has very good Northern form against some quality animals.

She won't want to give him a big start on the turn because he won't be stopping....;)