RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Ohokaman

Victorian Racing boosted again....

Victoria's Labour Government has pledged another $33m to Racing prizemoney in that State if re-elected in November.

RV will add $7m taking the total to $40m taking Country mid week minimums to $35-50k and Saturday Metrop staying races to $135k.

Clearly, the Victorian product is on a roll, with Flemington achieving a record $81m in turnover last Saturday...

IMG_3593.JPG

22 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

Victoria's Labour Government has pledged another $33m to Racing prizemoney in that State if re-elected in November.

RV will add $7m taking the total to $40m taking Country mid week minimums to $35-50k and Saturday Metrop staying races to $135k.

Clearly, the Victorian product is on a roll, with Flemington achieving a record $81m in turnover last Saturday...

IMG_3593.JPG

Aussies will be unloading big wads cash shortly at Tatts horses in training sale to try grab some of that staying cash OM .Watched a race the other week from Flemington, High Church won,  whole field ex Euro. Juddmonte draft as usual got some crackers, Harlem came from them couple years back. Midi will go for big money, 3 year old colt Frankel ex Midday , half bro to Midterm who's going OK for Lloyd Williams.Won two out of only four runs up  north, 6th in big Ascot handicap last run. Be very surprised if he don't end up in Aussie picking up the cash.

a

14 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

A few of the Northern contingent fronting up Saturday RR...interested to see how CliffsofMoher and Benbatl go...

Benbatl always been well thought of up there, was early Derby fav as a 3 year old I seem to recall. Won  a big  one in Dubai and a group 1 in Germany this year but just a few lengths off likes Roaring Lion and Cracksman who are the best over 10  furlongs up there. I like it tomorrow but was behind Blair House at Meydan this year. The three internationals in the Herbert Power seem very generous in the fixed odds , might just pick two Yucatan and Prince of Arran for some each way interest at those odds and leave Del Harraild out. Both decent levels of form, Prince of Arran been up against best stayers just trip might be too short. Yucatan from top Niarchos family, beautifully bred .

Not sure if you've been following Tatts book 1 at Newmarket , some huge sums paid, Andrew Lloyd Webber as good at managing his breeding empire as making musicals , got favorite for Dewhurst this weekend who looks a cracker of a racehorse  and sold its yearling brother for 3.5 million quineas , about 7.5 mill bucks , that's running a business. 

16 hours ago, Red Rum said:

Benbatl always been well thought of up there, was early Derby fav as a 3 year old I seem to recall. Won  a big  one in Dubai and a group 1 in Germany this year but just a few lengths off likes Roaring Lion and Cracksman who are the best over 10  furlongs up there. I like it tomorrow but was behind Blair House at Meydan this year. The three internationals in the Herbert Power seem very generous in the fixed odds , might just pick two Yucatan and Prince of Arran for some each way interest at those odds and leave Del Harraild out. Both decent levels of form, Prince of Arran been up against best stayers just trip might be too short. Yucatan from top Niarchos family, beautifully bred .

Not sure if you've been following Tatts book 1 at Newmarket , some huge sums paid, Andrew Lloyd Webber as good at managing his breeding empire as making musicals , got favorite for Dewhurst this weekend who looks a cracker of a racehorse  and sold its yearling brother for 3.5 million quineas , about 7.5 mill bucks , that's running a business. 

Appleby won't be happy....Hamada has gone lame at Weribee, they don't know how bad it is yet. Emotionless already out.

4 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

Appleby won't be happy....Hamada has gone lame at Weribee, they don't know how bad it is yet. Emotionless already out.

Yucatan and Prince of Arran,  crazy each way fixed odds each way value last night OM. Like shelling peas. Glad I dropped the right one in that race, hope tab fixed odds compiler still has the virus shield out blocking out Euro form for next four weeks cause that is crazy disregard for Euro form.Benbatl not too bad value wise.Fact is take out Winx anything over 2000 metres and above  is generally lengths ahead of Aussie form at Group 1 level.Benbatl and Blair House a decent chunk behind Roaring Lion and Cracksman . See how Cracksman put away Avilius in Prix Neil last year on you tube .Yucatan shot them to bits.Racing Post trophy second 2 years ago . I remember The  dam Six Perfections racing ,  she was an awesome racehorse.

Glad Saeed Bin Suroor got the win today, he gets a bad rap sometimes and got a below average intake of juveniles last year so they are working through system  at end 3 year old campaign now.He had Royal Marine win big juvinile race last week  at Longchamp on ARC day so looks in better shape for next year. Shame about Charlie's Appleby's couple , he had Francis Of Assisi break down last year but swings and roundabouts. Folkswood will go OK at Cranbourne tomorrow. Hope Hamada will come back , would like to see someone pick a Melb Cup winner out of a Newmarket mid range handicap 5 months before race OM , that would be impressive. He still has Cross Counter.

Dewhurst overnight Too Darn  Hot and Sangarius look well above average.

Wow Yucatan that was impressive.

22 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

Yucatan and Prince of Arran,  crazy each way fixed odds each way value last night OM. Like shelling peas. Glad I dropped the right one in that race, hope tab fixed odds compiler still has the virus shield out blocking out Euro form for next four weeks cause that is crazy disregard for Euro form.Benbatl not too bad value wise.Fact is take out Winx anything over 2000 metres and above  is generally lengths ahead of Aussie form at Group 1 level.Benbatl and Blair House a decent chunk behind Roaring Lion and Cracksman . See how Cracksman put away Avilius in Prix Neil last year on you tube .Yucatan shot them to bits.Racing Post trophy second 2 years ago . I remember The  dam Six Perfections racing ,  she was an awesome racehorse.

Glad Saeed Bin Suroor got the win today, he gets a bad rap sometimes and got a below average intake of juveniles last year so they are working through system  at end 3 year old campaign now.He had Royal Marine win big juvinile race last week  at Longchamp on ARC day so looks in better shape for next year. Shame about Charlie's Appleby's couple , he had Francis Of Assisi break down last year but swings and roundabouts. Folkswood will go OK at Cranbourne tomorrow. Hope Hamada will come back , would like to see someone pick a Melb Cup winner out of a Newmarket mid range handicap 5 months before race OM , that would be impressive. He still has Cross Counter.

Dewhurst overnight Too Darn  Hot and Sangarius look well above average.

Wow Yucatan that was impressive.

Thought the run of Cliffs of Moher was pretty good too. Yucatan was just arrogant...will be interesting to see where he goes next.

15 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Thought the run of Cliffs of Moher was pretty good too. Yucatan was just arrogant...will be interesting to see where he goes next.

Williams camp indicated Cup next week  after but was put under pressure to flick over to cook a meal show so missed interview.Wouldn't worry about back up, Aiden O'Brien no stranger to that, quite unlike Euro trainer sometimes, look at Cliff Of Mohar running twice Royal Ascot this year, sometimes done with two big staying contests at RA  to exploit handicap marks first and last day , or the sprints but very unusual in likes Prince of Wales stakes and Hardwicke class races. Backed Saxon Warrior up into Eclipse this year as well. Cliff of Mohar I think been disappointing overall up North but mile and half next week right up his alley.

Will have to see weight Yucatan compared with Youngster, does Yucatan get in penalty free from today ? Like old English style ease up at line , don't win too far , fox the handicapper.

Winx will need to be in a better position at the Valley than last week as Benbatl goes forward most races and hasn't had a gut buster season. Was worth the 25 backs last week entrance for Winx , but did think bugger iam gonna be witness to her  run  finishing. Still suspect only bad traffic will undo her in two weeks.

51 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Hamada euthanised OM, the bitter ups and downs for a racing stable, Appleby been on fire this season worldwide , won big Group 1 last Sunday at Longchamp with Wild Illusion then gets nosed out with Blair House and then worst news with Hamada..Godolphin were having a rippa day on the whole, Osbourne Bulls was huge, let's hope Emotionless isn't too bad.His form looks like he's been bit difficult to keep right over the years though.

50 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Just watched that again....talk about treating them with contempt...look how much rein J Mac has....:rcf-shocked-5:

Williams says a "Melbourne Cup winner in waiting.."

IMG_3600.JPG

Hahaha OM , I just had another watch to see if my eyes were right yesterday he was about as impressive a horse as I've seen for a while. In the Wolferton Handicap at  RA , that's how low down he was in the  Ballydoyle pecking order this year that he's their handicap horse for RA he ran 16/16 , Muntahaa from John Gosden's  yard the Ebor winner was third . He also ran 49 lengths last to Cracksman in Coronation Stakes at Epsom  in June and Cracksman laboured that day. I think a mixture of improvement and got to be said drop in grade from European races and that's result. Had look , not the breeding expert but dam side does not scream two miles , older full sister had decent amount of racing but stuck to mile and 1 at most though did end up in US later in career and that's a staying race there isn't it.

Is it me or is he a doppelganger for The Taj Mahal . 

With JMac booked for The Taj it’ll be interesting to see if Lloyd switches him to Yucatan? One I’m keen to see is Finche. He’s had a win over Avilius and I had a quiete tip for it thru someone connected in the ownership. With Waller but hasn’t raced in Oz. Will get a start in the Caul Cup if it’s ready.

Might be struggling Trumpy based on this.....Hughie booked for CliffsofMoher....Yucatan looks very well weighted.

Below is the current field in ballot order

Order

Horse

Trainer

Jockey

Weight kg

YUCATAN (ire)

Aidan O’Brien

tbc

BEST SOLUTION (Ire)

Saeed bin Suroor

Pat Cosgrave

HOMESMAN (USA)

Liam Howley

Ben Melham

KINGS WILL DREAM (Ire)

Darren Weir

Craig Williams

NIGHT’S WATCH (NZ)

Darren Weir

Ben Allen

ACE HIGH

David Payne

Damien Oliver

MY CLIFFS OF MOHER (Ire)

Aidan O’Brien

Hugh Bowman

UNFORGOTTEN

Chris Waller

tbc

JON SNOW

Murray Baker & Andrew Forsman

Damian Lane

HARLEM (GB)

David & B Hayes & T Dabernig

tbc

SOUND CHECK (Ger)

Mike Moroney

Jordan Childs

TOSEN BASIL (Jpn)

Darren Weir

John Allen

CHESTNUT COAT (Jpn)

Yoshito Yahagi

Yuga Kawada

EMOTIONLESS (Ire)

Charlie Appleby

tbc

THE TAJ MAHAL (Ire)

Liam Howley

James McDonald

MIGHTY BOSS

Mick Price

Tim Clark*

YOUNGSTAR

Chris Waller

Kerrin McEvoy

EGG TART

Chris Waller

tbc

DURETTO

Andrew Balding

Dwayne Dunn

COUNT OCTAVE

Chris Waller

Michael Walker

RED VERDON (USA

Ed Dunlop

tbc

VENTURA STORM (Ire)

David & B Hayes & T Dabernig

Regan Bayliss

FINCHE (GB)

Chris Waller

tbc

BIG DUKE (Ire)

Darren Weir

tbc

VENGEUR MASQUE (Ire)

Mike Moroney

Patrick Moloney

SEDANZER

Gai Waterhouse & Adrian Bott

Tim Clark*

MISS ADMIRATION

Mick Price

tbc

A PRINCE OF ARRAN (GB)

Charlie Fellowes

tbc

LIBRAN (Ire) 

Chris Waller

tbc

I think that if he’s ready, Finche will get a start. There’s a few above him in doubt. Also, I bet Michael Walker’s feeling good! Down to ride Yucatan in the CC and reported to be 80% certain to start!

A lot of attention gets given to the big races in Melbourne over the spring carnival but horses at the other end of the scale are being catered for as well.  On Friday at Ballarat the running of the Hotham took place.  The race is for maidens, with a reverse order of entry. The horses with the most losing runs are at the top of the ballot.  The race is worth $75,000.  Runners were paid $3000 back to 10th place and as a last minute gesture the 11th and 12th placed horses also got $2,500.

Also on Friday at Cranbourne was the running of the Corinthian.  This is open to horses that started at least twice at the picnic races in the 2017/18 season, and riders had to have had at least 5 rides at  the picnics in the 2017/18 season.  This race was worth $25,000. The winner was Deck of Cards, trained by Kiwi Don Dwyer.  Deck of Cards was purchased by Dwyer as an unraced 2 year old at the 2016 Inglis mixed bloodstock sale for $1,400 and has now taken his earnings to $73,500 and 6 wins. 

Just watched Yucatan in the  Wolferton Handicap and Coronation Stakes from earlier this year, that horse must have been switched for another  on a stopover somewhere, the real Yucatan is on a beach holiday somewhere.  The Yucatan who ran in UK don't look like it could win the Hanging Rock Cup let alone Caulfield or Melbourne Cups .The Yucatan from Saturday a different matter. 

Those French runs make Finche looked thrown in on 54 kgs, he looks same level Best Solution but gets 3.5kgs. Sound Check don't look too bad in on form with Best Solution either.

32 minutes ago, Trump said:

I agree RR. Both Finche and Sound Check are on my hit list and I’ve taken a few doubles with them. Their Euro form stacks up.

Delving into Finche form, breeding and his couple of high class siblings , one a Royal Ascot group 1 winner already at stud in South Africa , his own potential at stud ,potential big prizemoney to be won, in form at moment,  iam thinking that he  would have come at a very very high price I would guess. It's 3 year old full brother Hainult up for sale at Newmarket end of month , only beat one home at Kempton in one run,  the " left behind by leaders " part of form line indicates he might not be as good as his big bro.

6 hours ago, Trump said:

I think that if he’s ready, Finche will get a start. There’s a few above him in doubt. Also, I bet Michael Walker’s feeling good! Down to ride Yucatan in the CC and reported to be 80% certain to start!

Walker showing on a Waller runner now...has that changed ?

3 hours ago, Red Rum said:

Just watched Yucatan in the  Wolferton Handicap and Coronation Stakes from earlier this year, that horse must have been switched for another  on a stopover somewhere, the real Yucatan is on a beach holiday somewhere.  The Yucatan who ran in UK don't look like it could win the Hanging Rock Cup let alone Caulfield or Melbourne Cups .The Yucatan from Saturday a different matter. 

Those French runs make Finche looked thrown in on 54 kgs, he looks same level Best Solution but gets 3.5kgs. Sound Check don't look too bad in on form with Best Solution either.

Yucatan given a 2.5kg penalty for Melbourne Cup....Lloyd won't be happy ! Caulfield might be their best option now.

18 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Yucatan given a 2.5kg penalty for Melbourne Cup....Lloyd won't be happy ! Caulfield might be their best option now.

I see on Racing Com a video of Idaho arriving OM,  if Herbert  Power didn't occur on all known uk/ire form a healthy Idaho would donkey kick Yucatan into next week.

Cross Counter got a cut on easy list, since last Sundays win at Longchamp it's been a shit of a week for Appleby. I start hearing on news cuts , easy list and that's where  it starts going down hill in my punting experience, next it's infected, more time off gallops then next it's missed too much  pin pulled ante post money down the dunny. I would give CC a swerve till it's back smoking round Werribee.

Pundits seem confident Yucatan getting the two miles, 800  metres on top of Saturday  fair way up that Flemington straight in high pressure race. Six Perfections zipped around in Breeders  Cup mile not Ascot Gold Cup.

2 hours ago, Red Rum said:

I see on Racing Com a video of Idaho arriving OM,  if Herbert  Power didn't occur on all known uk/ire form a healthy Idaho would donkey kick Yucatan into next week.

Cross Counter got a cut on easy list, since last Sundays win at Longchamp it's been a shit of a week for Appleby. I start hearing on news cuts , easy list and that's where  it starts going down hill in my punting experience, next it's infected, more time off gallops then next it's missed too much  pin pulled ante post money down the dunny. I would give CC a swerve till it's back smoking round Werribee.

Pundits seem confident Yucatan getting the two miles, 800  metres on top of Saturday  fair way up that Flemington straight in high pressure race. Six Perfections zipped around in Breeders  Cup mile not Ascot Gold Cup.

Think the penalty for the MC makes it harder RR. Opposition will be much tougher there. Caulfield is his chance.

17 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

Think the penalty for the MC makes it harder RR. Opposition will be much tougher there. Caulfield is his chance.

Another penalty would have put him well wrong in weights for Cup compared to likes Muntahaa and Idaho on UK/ Ire form.

Talking ratings /weights Best Solution 118 Cliffs of Mohar 116 Yucatan 108 according to UK handicapper , Kings Will Dream left UK after winning a Pontefract mile maiden last year and is rated 78 over there. 40 pounds of difference Best Solution to KWD. When you see what Yucatan did compared to UK and Ireland, and Benbatl putting Humidor away ,   is it that Aussie form is that far behind at the moment considering how well Kings Will Dream has done there.Winx is an exception to this, she's a freak. Probably mixture of both improving and drop in KWD case , too much otherwise. Taking a horse like Vin De France for an example  , poor Sunday  Cranbourne , I honestly couldn't see him picking up much up North in theory , so there is a gulf in class imho.

I might get slammed but can anyone honestly say Winx would get anywhere near a streak of 28 black type wins in Europe. I doubt it, although she would have won some top races .