RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Ohokaman

TAB Customer Service....needs improving...

Found an old ticket recently from Flemington last year....looked it up and found the Quaddie had paid $123.....nice windfall...

The joy was short lived.....

I wasn't aware that the TAB do not pay out on any ticket presented 6 months after the final event.

The letter received from the TAB, full of errors I might add, had this final unintended sarcastic line :

"We wish you all the best for any future investments you may make..."

And they wonder why they are losing customers....:rolleyes:

1 minute ago, Ohokaman said:

Found an old ticket recently from Flemington last year....looked it up and found the Quaddie had paid $123.....nice windfall...

I wasn't aware that the TAB do not pay out on any ticket presented 6 months after the final event.

The letter received from the TAB, full of errors I might add, had this final unintended sarcastic line :

…. with Lotto you have 12 months to claim your prize..

16 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Look on the bright side you boosted the bonus quaddie :)

1 hour ago, Ohokaman said:

Yes,had a similar experience with them.

Only bet small e/w on the 1st day of cup week (2017) at Riccarton and had put winning tickets away in a wallet (not money) to collect at later date,but as you would of guessed i forgot about them until i came across it in about July.Was only for 30 odd dollars. 

So i rung the help desk and was told to fill out form from the TAB web site,but chances slim. Each ticket had to be filled out seperately,had to go back and find divvys.

Got a letter back similar to yours Ohokaman,plus a photocopy of the gazetted information of when the  6mth new rule was passed,which was 2009. 

10 hours ago, jayar said:

Not sure why they make you fill out forms when they know damn well it won't be paid out JR..!

I told them the date, sent them copies of the ticket etc and it still took them nearly a month to reply......:rcf-clown:

The best thing that could happen would be competition or a major revamp! 

They took away phone betting, a major mistake, they had a minimum bet of $5 when it was in existence, a major mistake.

Freeview went bush, a major mistake, taking away self service machines at a lot of venues, a major mistake!

Not competitive in the commercial market, even though they hold a monopoly!

The cost of running the TAB is out of control, where will it end?

It’s still lights years better than what we had in the 80’s. Needs to become more competitive but at the same time needs to stay in NZ control. Don’t gift it to overseas corporates as they will shaft us long term.

On 10/10/2018 at 1:42 PM, Chris Wood said:

The best thing that could happen would be competition or a major revamp! 

They took away phone betting, a major mistake, they had a minimum bet of $5 when it was in existence, a major mistake.

Freeview went bush, a major mistake, taking away self service machines at a lot of venues, a major mistake!

Not competitive in the commercial market, even though they hold a monopoly!

The cost of running the TAB is out of control, where will it end?

This is why ‘they’ are closing outlets left right and centre not associated with pokie machines Christopher, it’s all about making money ,and service for some reason isn’t a part of their plan going forward, like the rude woman on the till at mitre ten Kaitaia. She knows if you want something you can’t go to Bunnings so you have to tolerate her ignorance to your good mornings or hellos:rcfe-happy-2:

6 hours ago, Gruff said:

This is why ‘they’ are closing outlets left right and centre not associated with pokie machines Christopher, it’s all about making money ,and service for some reason isn’t a part of their plan going forward, like the rude woman on the till at mitre ten Kaitaia. She knows if you want something you can’t go to Bunnings so you have to tolerate her ignorance to your good mornings or hellos:rcfe-happy-2:

You been there too Gruffy...?! That's called customer relations in the North......:rolleyes:

The NZ TAB do not have a monopoly on the market, for NZ racing.

There are plenty of other options out there if one has a computer or smart phone. 

Ladbrokes Australia is great. 

Join up and get free promo bets (up to $150 worth), then there are other betting promos all the time. 

Recently they offered $2 FIXED for a mare called Winx - to run first OR second. Plus, money back if she was scratched. FREE MONEY!!!! Sure there was a limit of $20 per customer, but free money is free money, and competition is competition. Also, Ladbrokes have a special function which allows bet odds to be "Boosted".

2 hours ago, Dockers said:

Tab site down says I have no money in account and error

My deposit went in three times :-(

Big issues down in Petone it seems. Six digit account numbers seem to have problems. Customer services wait times are horrendous.

I just wish the 'system' (and/ or the people at the helm) had the ability to publicise the issues so we are not in the dark, and to indicate the likely length of your wait when a call to them is vitally necessary

they have problems alright - last night I couldn't log in as site said password and user name unkown

rang helpdesk and they said it was because they did not have an email address for my account - when i told them they must because I keep getting promotional emails from them the lady did not know what to say!

Suggestion ; 

All NZ TAB account holders, get yourself a Ladbrokes Australia account now. 

Because you know what is going to happen, and what is going to crash on Boxing Day and/or New Years Day. 

Petone should try and remember the 7 P's (and then continue to worry about the offshore leakage).

Proper prior planning prevents piss poor performance.

49 minutes ago, Rusty said:

Suggestion ; 

All NZ TAB account holders, get yourself a Ladbrokes Australia account now. 

Because you know what is going to happen, and what is going to crash on Boxing Day and/or New Years Day. 

Petone should try and remember the 7 P's (and then continue to worry about the offshore leakage).

Proper prior planning prevents piss poor performance.

And Melbourne Cup Day.....:rolleyes:

It does make you smile alright !

Been travelling around a bit lately.

First visit to TAB in Hamilton.....the seller was messing around with getting fixed odds for himself and having a sizable bet ,cos I could see it on the little screen .

It was a Sunday so I guess he was bored ! I missed my bet cos of it !

Then in Tauranga I missed again twice in a row as the seller was out back behind a screen talking to a friend on the phone ! Came around too late even though I called out a loud Hello ! Said the race has closed ,with the phone still stuck to his ear !

Then I visited Matamata ,quite a depressing place then returned later in day when terminal had moved thru to bar next door......with the sellers serving drinks in a back area ,I didn't get a look in for my bet .

All the TAB's were a first time ,and I must say ...never again !

1 hour ago, tasman man 11 said:

It does make you smile alright !

Been travelling around a bit lately.

First visit to TAB in Hamilton.....the seller was messing around with getting fixed odds for himself and having a sizable bet ,cos I could see it on the little screen .

It was a Sunday so I guess he was bored ! I missed my bet cos of it !

Then in Tauranga I missed again twice in a row as the seller was out back behind a screen talking to a friend on the phone ! Came around too late even though I called out a loud Hello ! Said the race has closed ,with the phone still stuck to his ear !

Then I visited Matamata ,quite a depressing place then returned later in day when terminal had moved thru to bar next door......with the sellers serving drinks in a back area ,I didn't get a look in for my bet .

All the TAB's were a first time ,and I must say ...never again !

Saved you money TM...?? :rcfe-like: