RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Mardy

Mardy's Cup Week Comp $650.00 Prize... Results thread and FINAL Standings

Not really sure where to put this,as it's going to cover both codes.But am thinking of running a comp over Cup Week next month.Comp will start on Day 1 at Riccarton,then include Cup Day at Addington(Tuesday) Riccarton on Wednesday...Ashburton trots on Thursday..Addington Trots on Friday and then Cup Day at Riccarton on Saturday.Am thinking it will be a simple pick on horse per race,for a $1ew bet,but in 1 race you chose a Best Bet which will be a $2ew bet.I do have the whole of that week off work,so could possibly update scores etc after each race,unless of course my darling wife wants to drag me out somewhere,and on the first day of the comp i could well have Cricket all day,so no scores would be done until i get home.I am thinking of  a cash prize for the first 3 home...but am sorting those details out.Feel free to comment etc.

Mardy, I will post it in the harness area too, happy to put up a prize with you, we can discuss this to make it a good prize... good on you great to see a comp for both gallops and harness, these Harness guys are doing well in our comps as it is...LOL ...thanks again for running the comp here.Scooby.:rcf-happy-7:

2 hours ago, chelseacol said:

Good on you Mardy

best week of the racing calendar by a huge distance so great to have a comp over that week. Your format sounds great - nice and simple.

Col

Yes Col and I am sure it will get plenty of entries as all our comps do...no shortage of entries here....:rcf-laughing-3:

Mardy and I will announce the prizes later this week...but i promise it will be a decent prize pool with plenty of $$$$$ to be won.

15 hours ago, Mardy said:

With Leigh's very generous donation....and my more than likely smaller amount of around $50 at this stage.So far the pool is $550.Am sure it will be a cracker of a comp..i'll sort out the splitting of the prizemoney as soon as possible.

Mardy - I have $100 profit I made on a multi Counter Punch and I put on after he won a competition I ran. I always said I would use proceeds for a comp. Seeing your one covers my favourite week of the year i will lob it in.

Happy for you to sort all rules etc and make all decisions - except when I win it I get the title "King of Cup Week" :-)

35 minutes ago, chelseacol said:

Mardy - I have $100 profit I made on a multi Counter Punch and I put on after he won a competition I ran. I always said I would use proceeds for a comp. Seeing your one covers my favourite week of the year i will lob it in.

Happy for you to sort all rules etc and make all decisions - except when I win it I get the title "King of Cup Week" :-)

Thats a great gesture so it looks like its a $650 comp....thats great and it will be well supported and fun for everyone...thanks for the support. Mardy now its up to you to decide the rules.

Ok all here are the rules and detail of prizemoney etc.The comp will run from Saturday 10th November and finish the following Saturday the 17th.This comp is based on $1ew where you pick 1 horse per race BUT in one race you can have a BEST BET which will make your pick $2ew.Too keep things simple-ish if you pick a scratching then it will just go onto the TAB Sub.Picks will close when the first race at the nominated meeting closes.Thanks to Leigh and Col for their sponsorship the pool is $650

1st=$350

2nd=$150

3rd=$100

4th=$50

Winnings can either be paid into TAB account or Bank Account.If there is a tie then i will determine the winner by whoever picked the most 1st placings,but hopefully this won't happen.Now i will mention that i will try and post results after every race during the comp,but at times this may not be possible as on the next 2 Saturday's i have Cricket so results won't get done until later that night,and of course if my better half wants to 'drag' me away somewhere and go out during next week,then that may halt the race by race results as well.I know some like to have results race by race,which i will try and do,but as stated it may not always be possible.

Meeting Schedule.

Saturday 10th Nov-Riccarton Gallops

Tuesday 13th Nov-Addington Trots

Wednesday 14th Nov-Riccarton Gallops

Thursday 15th Nov-Addington Dogs

Friday 16th Nov-Addington Trots

Saturday 17th Nov-Riccarton Gallops

I will put the first selection thread up for Riccarton mid week once the fields are out.

This is the first time i've done anything like this so hopefully it goes smoothly but if there are any questions etc then feel free to fire away,but hopefully we all have some fun by taking part in it.

Please pick 1 horse per race which will be a $1ew 'bet'.But also nominate 1 race to be your best bet and this will be a $2ew 'bet'.

Comp closes at 12.05pm.

Good luck all.

P.S As stated in the rules thread,weather permitting i do have cricket on Saturday so results won't be up until Saturday night.

2 hours ago, Mardy said:

Please pick 1 horse per race which will be a $1ew 'bet'.But also nominate 1 race to be your best bet and this will be a $2ew 'bet'.

Comp closes at 12.05pm.

Good luck all.

P.S As stated in the rules thread,weather permitting i do have cricket on Saturday so results won't be up until Saturday night.

•  

Forgot too add.Scratchings go onto the TAB sub.

OK best some movers after race 5.....Class Act has Flloyd in hot pursuit....the pack is closing in.

Class Act 35.20

Flloyd Pink 34.80

Thepaw 28.80

Chelseacol 28.6

Rusty 26.00

Gruff 20.40

Scooby 20.00

mrzim, Chelseacol 18.90.

Ohokaman, Thelyric 18.70

Let me know if you think I missed any...cheers.

New Leader after race 6 Thepaw just gets his nose in front....

Thepaw  35.30

Class Act 35.20

Flloyd Pink 34.80

Rusty 30.80

Chelseacol 28.6

Cabbage 22.40

Gruff 20.40

Scooby 20.00

mrzim, Chelseacol 18.90.

Ohokaman, Thelyric 18.70

Let me know if you think I missed any...cheers.

Big win by a smart colt Madison County...bunched leaderboard.....

Thepaw  40.00

Class Act 39.90

Flloyd Pink 39.50

Rusty 30.80

Chelseacol 28.6

Cabbage 25.10

Scooby 24.70

TheLyric 23.30

Gruff 20.40

Scooby 20.00

mrzim, Chelseacol 18.90.

Please let me know If I missed anything...hard to keep up......:rcf-embarrassed-3:...Chestnut's a genius.

4 found the winner extremely well done and let them charge clear....Great ride to get the long shot home.

Gruff 84.80

Napier 68.00

Zappa 63.00

Class Act 43.20

Thepaw  40.00

Flloyd Pink 39.50

Rusty 30.80

Chelseacol 28.6

Cabbage 25.10

Scooby 24.70

TheLyric 23.30

Scooby 20.00

mrzim, Chelseacol 18.90.

Please let me know If I missed anything...hard to keep up......:rcf-embarrassed-3:...Chestnut's a genius.

Firstly apologies for the lateness,got rather too much sun at cricket yesterday so was feeling rather average,so thought i'd wait until this morning.

Gruff 84.80

Napier 69.40

Zappa 64.50

The Paw 49.20

Floyd Pink 39.50

Class Act 39.30

Chelseacol 35.40

The Lyric 34.70

Rusty 32.70

Cabbage 31.10

Mardy 29.30

Ivanthegreat 28.50

Basil Brush 27.90

PJ 27.80

1PresidentG 26.40

Seddon 25.70

Tarantula 25.40

Bazza54 25.20

Scooby 24.70

Al 24.60

Newmarket 24.10

Ohokaman 23.80

Mainland Rooki 21.80

Nicobury 20.80

Mrzim 20.30

Sir Castleton 19.60

Rdytdy 19.40

Hall 19.30

Winfreux 18.40

Richie 16.80

Ponderosa 16.60

Stoyd 16.10

Punter Pete 16.10

Diver Dan 16.0

Orphanpete 16.0

Fartoomuch 14.80

Dockers 14.70

Jape 14.60

Pegasus 14.40

Watism 14.10

Jack 13.50

Koriokaramea 13.50

Aaron Bidlake 12.80

Talk 12.40

Amati Nadol 11.30

Jenlove 6.70

Kloppite 6.0

Cubes 2.90

Crustygrizzly 2.80

Redrew2000 0.0

As usual any issues just holla.Well done to those that tipped the bolter Dee And Gee yesterday,its certainly opened the field up.But there is still 5 meetings to go so anything can happen.When im home i'll be updating the leaderboard race by race..sorry but no fancy commentary like Maria gave us.And also i noticed a couple of posters had put in subs.As stated in the rules any scratchings will go onto the TAB sub,so need to too post subs.