RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
scooby3051

How Long Before We Lose Another Top Trainer

Cambridge trainer Stephen Marsh made a flying visit to Gosford, just outside of Sydney, on Thursday to saddle a pair of maiden gallopers and walked away with the lion’s share of prizemoney. 

Four-year-old mare Campari was successful over 1100m, with the stakes-placed daughter of O’Reilly coming from back in the field to round up her rivals and win going away. 

“She had a few issues and had been off the scene for a long time and came over off the back of one quiet trial,” Marsh said. 

“Class takes them a fair way and I thought she was labouring a little bit coming into the straight, but she picked up nicely in the end and was strong late. 

“I think she will benefit a lot from the run. If she keeps fronting up, we will stay here for as long as we can.” 

A race later Group Two-placed Pins mare Mark Two broke her maiden as expected over 1600m.

“A mile is just her warm-up distance and you could see she was on and off the bit, but that’s just her,” Marsh said.

“She will go straight from a mile up to 2000m at least and she will carry on stepping up from there.”

Both mares sport the colours of New Zealand syndication company Go Racing and both were ridden by Kiwi jockey James McDonald. 

“It is good to see Stephen coming over from New Zealand,” McDonald said. 

“He is a very good young trainer coming through and I’d say we will see a lot more of him bringing these types of horses over.” 

1 hour ago, Shad said:

They did mention on trackside today another young trainer heading to Aussie, did catch his name.

Joe Waldron...he’s going to Mornington...should be interesting to see how he goes. Obviously has some decent backers....perhaps Lindsay de Souza? 

13 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

Cambridge trainer Stephen Marsh made a flying visit to Gosford, just outside of Sydney, on Thursday to saddle a pair of maiden gallopers and walked away with the lion’s share of prizemoney. 

Four-year-old mare Campari was successful over 1100m, with the stakes-placed daughter of O’Reilly coming from back in the field to round up her rivals and win going away. 

“She had a few issues and had been off the scene for a long time and came over off the back of one quiet trial,” Marsh said. 

“Class takes them a fair way and I thought she was labouring a little bit coming into the straight, but she picked up nicely in the end and was strong late. 

“I think she will benefit a lot from the run. If she keeps fronting up, we will stay here for as long as we can.” 

A race later Group Two-placed Pins mare Mark Two broke her maiden as expected over 1600m.

“A mile is just her warm-up distance and you could see she was on and off the bit, but that’s just her,” Marsh said.

“She will go straight from a mile up to 2000m at least and she will carry on stepping up from there.”

Both mares sport the colours of New Zealand syndication company Go Racing and both were ridden by Kiwi jockey James McDonald. 

“It is good to see Stephen coming over from New Zealand,” McDonald said. 

“He is a very good young trainer coming through and I’d say we will see a lot more of him bringing these types of horses over.” 

"Both mares sport the colours of New Zealand syndication company Go Racing and both were ridden by Kiwi jockey James McDonald".

Did read a few weeks ago about GO RACING stepping up their operations over in OZ, so Stephen as their trainer is the obvious pick for them which further leads on as to whether we also loose Danielle...….

51 minutes ago, Ponderosa8 said:

"Both mares sport the colours of New Zealand syndication company Go Racing and both were ridden by Kiwi jockey James McDonald".

Did read a few weeks ago about GO RACING stepping up their operations over in OZ, so Stephen as their trainer is the obvious pick for them which further leads on as to whether we also loose Danielle...….

There is not much to keep them here...good on them if they can get going over there...thats where the money is.

Go racing are sending quite a few over there now to work through the grades. A few with Waller. Stephen McKee has Hasabro over there.

Astute move in my opinion. If you wait until they are proven at top level it is so much harder. I did wonder if Marsh would move there? Maybe it is a matter of time!l  Are satelite stables a thing of the past?

Its easier for Syndicates like Go racing to head over for higher stakes as costs, though extensive, can be shared.After those wins yesterday they are probably square if you include return flight etc As for Albert didn't he send over one of the first horses CW trained in Sydney. I'm guessing it was not Silky but Ennzedbee or something like that

This is called UNITY...

WHEN YOU DRAW A LINE IN THE SAND, SAY ENOUGH IS ENOUGH AND START TO PUSH BACK AGAINST THE TIDE

By Robert Heathcote | Thursday, October 4, 2018

Love him or hate him, champion trainer Rob Heathcote is a passionate racing man. He wears his heart on his sleeve and there is never a doubt as to whether he is happy or angry about what is happening in his industry. He speaks openly, never hides behind anybody or fudges any issues. The fact that he pulls no punches when telling it like it is from his point of view doesn’t always make him the most popular player in the game but you always know exactly where he stands on things and that clarity, in a world where finding any point of certainty is often confusing, stands to his credit. Today he is angry and you can find out why in this edition of Rob’s Shout, the personal blog of Rob Heathcote, which appears exclusively on HRO.

I am out there fighting for racing in Queensland on as many fronts as I can because the crucial point is that someone has to say something. Someone has got to push back against tide in terms of the way things are going.

In Queensland we are in the unenviable position that our own racing administrators have their hands tied. They’re as good as handcuffed because the people they need to comment about and protest against are their employers (The Queensland Government).

At best, they can only have a soft push back because they are not in a position to push back any harder.

Well, I can. 

I’ve had many years of this bumbling government racing screw-up and somehow, I am determined to help get the message across that enough is enough … whatever that takes!

The thoroughbred industry is the lifeblood of racing in this state. In essence it is a completely different industry to greyhounds and harness racing and for the government to not recognise the need to go back to three, separate, stand alone codes looking after their own affairs can only be attributed to the fact that they simply don’t want to see the obvious.

I, like many others, am firmly opposed to the fact that greyhounds, harness and thoroughbreds still fall under one administration body.

You can go almost anywhere in the timeframe of the last couple of years and the decisions that have been made have really been Keystone Cops shit.

Dismantling all of the racing boards on the back of the MacSporran report, the Eagle Farm balls up, the selection of the greyhound chief steward, after the greyhound scandal, as the head of integrity for the entire state. That to me is Keystone Cops shit. It is so wrong that they did all of that … and more … on so many levels. 

No one needs to convince anybody of the importance of racing at Eagle Farm. It is the mother of racing in our state … the old lady. People bet on Eagle Farm more than any other track in Queensland. We closed the track down to build a new one and we all know the debacle that followed to the severe, on-going detriment to our industry.

In the middle of that the accidental Premier came in. 

So, what did she do?

She appointed Alan MacSporran to do an inquiry into … and let me emphasise this … into the greyhound racing’s live baiting scandal but MacSporran then comes out with a report, which Palaszczuk ran with, to totally dismantle the entire racing industry … not just greyhound racing but horseracing, harness … the entire industry.

Where did that outcome ever fall within the parameters of that inquiry? To my knowledge, it was never announced that MacSporran’s powers had been extended. Horse racing should not ever have been part of any collateral damage … but the government did what it liked. 

They put a bean counter in there whose job it was to save money … cut costs … cut, slash and burn. Well they did that and the most important thing in that exercise was they trimmed the track rebuild back from something like $13 million to $10 million. That $3 million ‘saving’ has probably already cost the industry another $10 million in the interim.

And they called it a bullshit ‘Tracking To Sustainability’ program.

I could go on … and on and on.

And you wonder why Queensland is so much on the back foot.

It’s all smoke and mirrors on the part of government and when you look through the mist there is nothing positive with the horseracing industry.

The very fact that the government dropped the Point Of Consumption Tax distribution bombshell details … which are highly unsatisfactory to the horseracing industry which will provide the hulk of that income stream … on a Friday night, on Grand Final weekend, on a long weekend holiday speaks volumes about the way they go about things.

They were buying a bit of time.

I think their thinking is there will be a bit of a hostile reaction for a week or two but it will flame out and they will get what we want which is inactivity … just like it has been for the last twenty years … but maybe government has just got another thing wrong.

Because of the fragmentation that the bad times have caused within the industry it has long been thought that it is highly unlikely that industry participants will ever stand together and push back against those who have the power, influence, and indeed responsibility, to support racing but who are not doing so.

Well here’s a surprise. With the government continuing to treat racing stakeholders like imbeciles and disrespecting both their value and that of the horseracing industry in general, they have provided the spark for all racegoers to get together on this issue and start the push back.

We might all have to feel some pain before we can go forward … and let me be clear here, when I say ‘all’ I am talking about stakeholders throughout the state not just those in South East Queensland.

"I really want to represent everybody with this push as I firmly believe that every racing stakeholder, where-ever they may be located, now has little option but to initiate some action which can, firstly, stop the rot, and secondly, turn things around and point the horseracing industry in a better direction then the cliff-face it is heading to now.

Industrial action or some sort of new radical approach are not preferred options … but we can no longer kid ourselves about where any further ‘consultation’, ‘lobbying’ or ‘working together’ with government will get us. That form is already well and truly on the board and it does not make pretty reading.

So, like I said at the outset, whatever it takes.

This goal is now starting to take up a lot more of my time than I hoped it would … but I don’t mind doing it. 

This industry has been very good to me. I have been fortunate in that I have been successful. While I am at the back end of my career … I won’t be around much longer … I am not prepared to forsake my industry and turn my back on what is happening and just walk away.

That would be the easy thing to do but I do owe my industry something and I will not shirk that responsibility.

It is true to say that the actions of Queensland government and their indifference to the industry is helping me to retire early but, as far as this fight is concerned, I’m not going away.