RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
GOM

Congratulations Pinny MAC

39 minutes ago, GOM said:

Superb effort , showed speed, guts and the smarts. As Steve rightly said after the race, this was a dog that was supposedly failing to chase. 

When are the Aussies going to wake up and smell the roses, when FOL produces these kind of results

It is amazing how many people are actually against this in Australia. Been advocating to them for years. People over there have the mind set that it will only benefit the bigger trainers

4 hours ago, GOM said:

Superb effort , showed speed, guts and the smarts. As Steve rightly said after the race, this was a dog that was supposedly failing to chase. 

When are the Aussies going to wake up and smell the roses, when FOL produces these kind of results

1 hour ago, Jape said:

Well done, Steve. You have done a splendid job with this fellow and it is always good to see a greyhound achieve its potential.

Thanks people... been a tough year in fact worst i have had in 63years to be honest and i don't mean dog wise...and no not because Scobie keeps monitoring me....lol.. to see what happened with mac yesterday still has not hit home....he is a special dog with special ability...and was well worth fighting for in the chase....Again thanks for your thoughts it means a lot.

Yes Steve well done, still cant beiive the board  cant  see for them selves that there is a place for these ticketed dogs from Australia to be given another chance over here if owners are prepared to send them over. I hope they reaccess their thoughts of stopping ticketed dogs coming over.

Wastage seems to be the in word at the moment by giving these dogs a second chance is better than adding them to the wastage list.

2 hours ago, bus stop said:

Yes Steve well done, still cant beiive the board  cant  see for them selves that there is a place for these ticketed dogs from Australia to be given another chance over here if owners are prepared to send them over. I hope they reaccess their thoughts of stopping ticketed dogs coming over.

Wastage seems to be the in word at the moment by giving these dogs a second chance is better than adding them to the wastage list.

Again after talking to Greg yesterday...its not the small trainers that are causing the problem...its the kennels that bring dogs over with 2 tickets and then  they get 12mnths and disappear ...I think there 1st move will be banning dogs with 2 tickets...and I think they will judge this on what they do from now on......most australian classed...so called .non chasers I have had have not gone to gap...they still live here....piggy back...magic spike ...lady shambi...royal doll who threw derby winner grizz and Peking tom a good sire in his own right....swiftfantasy....redneckcrazy...nonnas girl who was a super broodie.. throwing blitzing mayhem  NZ cup winner and never throwing on any bad traits to her pups....she would be dead if I never bought her here as would the rest off them...then you have a dog like reilly's mate...super dog that would not have been givin a second chance.....in fact I've had one I couldn't change and that was robius hagrid......I've had to put down more of my homebreeds  because gap failed them..

On 10/1/2018 at 7:13 PM, Hound Fan said:

Again after talking to Greg yesterday...its not the small trainers that are causing the problem...its the kennels that bring dogs over with 2 tickets and then  they get 12mnths and disappear ...I think there 1st move will be banning dogs with 2 tickets...and I think they will judge this on what they do from now on......most australian classed...so called .non chasers I have had have not gone to gap...they still live here....piggy back...magic spike ...lady shambi...royal doll who threw derby winner grizz and Peking tom a good sire in his own right....swiftfantasy....redneckcrazy...nonnas girl who was a super broodie.. throwing blitzing mayhem  NZ cup winner and never throwing on any bad traits to her pups....she would be dead if I never bought her here as would the rest off them...then you have a dog like reilly's mate...super dog that would not have been givin a second chance.....in fact I've had one I couldn't change and that was robius hagrid......I've had to put down more of my homebreeds  because gap failed them..

I would be intrigued to see a list over the last 2 years of these 2 ticket dogs that come over and then receive 12month suspensions and so called disappear? Personally I think it will be a very minuscule amount in the scheme of things. I can think of 3 of the top of my head between Craig and myself, 1 that placed in a NZ cup and now resides as a pet with his owner, another that competed in c5 and was rehomed through nightrave and mine who was a c4 dog who sadly fell ill to cancer. Any help on a list would great as I think statistics would prove if there really is a issue.