RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
We're Doomed

Patrick Erin

And I  have to say that I have just read the biggest “wank” tweet of the day from the illustrious Guy Mulcaster who wants to let everyone know that he sourced Patrick Erin for the Chris Waller stable.....oh please...can’t the lovely people from Wingatui have their moment in the sun?  Who really cares.....you didn’t have to be Einstein...

I’m a little bit over these Bloodstock agents (or as I label them, dedicated followers of fashion who happily spend other people’s money) who have to claim every success...especially when one of their overpriced over valued purchases wins a maiden at Pakenham or thereabouts...please let their be some sanity....and stop being so insecure...I don’t recall ever seeing Stev Brem carrying on like his modern day counterparts...? 

52 minutes ago, La Zip said:

And I  have to say that I have just read the biggest “wank” tweet of the day from the illustrious Guy Mulcaster who wants to let everyone know that he sourced Patrick Erin for the Chris Waller stable.....oh please...can’t the lovely people from Wingatui have their moment in the sun?  Who really cares.....you didn’t have to be Einstein...

I’m a little bit over these Bloodstock agents (or as I label them, dedicated followers of fashion who happily spend other people’s money) who have to claim every success...especially when one of their overpriced over valued purchases wins a maiden at Pakenham or thereabouts...please let their be some sanity....and stop being so insecure...I don’t recall ever seeing Stev Brem carrying on like his modern day counterparts...? 

Sorry I thought Patrick Erin’s NZ owners sent him to the Waller stable..........

9 hours ago, La Zip said:

Zip.Guy is a top person who does an excellent job selecting horses for clients. His record would be up with the best,his stand out selection would be Winx,but he has a record any bloodstock agent would want on their CV.

I know the amount of time they put in researching pedigrees and watching videos of trials and races. The owners/Trainers of Patrick Erin were concerned about the weight/ratings he was getting in NZ and stated this in the media.So if he was smart enough to know this and select this horse for the white-hot competition of Sydney and to win a G1 from racing in the SI,then i believe he is more than entitled to wank on as you suggested, as promotion is a huge part of any business.  

2 hours ago, Mattski said:

I punted him yes. Great patient ride. He had like 59kg in the Welly Cup and pulled from memory.

Waller seems to get these stayers to settle better?

Great win and good on the owners for giving the opportunity  to race over there, thought he had 60kg in the Wellington  cup, guess a no brainer to send him over there, at the weights over here would just make it tougher for him.

13 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

Guy is a decent bloke...good on him... I dont think he would be wanting to take anything away from anyone he is not that type person from what I know of him.

He may be but his tweet was not called for in this instance.it made him look like a total prat....someone who is incredibly insecure...yes, I’m sure he isn’t but that’s how it comes across...perception is reality to many

23 minutes ago, La Zip said:

He may be but his tweet was not called for in this instance.it made him look like a total prat....someone who is incredibly insecure...yes, I’m sure he isn’t but that’s how it comes across...perception is reality to many

Its called self promotion, cant blame him for that.

He either recommended the horse to Waller or he didn’t. Simple facts. If he did, he’s entitled to pronounce that fact. Simple fact of promoting your business. One certainly wouldn’t want to promote the slow ones! But GM has selected some pretty impressive performers for Waller clients. Good on him. Let’s not let the tall poppy syndrome spoil things!

Trump, I own a Global Marketing Company, it funds my racing interests, what I don't do, is gloat on my website as to how good I am,......it's like driving up to a clients office in a 200K BMW......you just don't do it.......the tweet was totally inappropriate ....in those circumstances......

5 hours ago, Midget said:

Zip.Guy is a top person who does an excellent job selecting horses for clients. His record would be up with the best,his stand out selection would be Winx,but he has a record any bloodstock agent would want on their CV.

I know the amount of time they put in researching pedigrees and watching videos of trials and races. The owners/Trainers of Patrick Erin were concerned about the weight/ratings he was getting in NZ and stated this in the media.So if he was smart enough to know this and select this horse for the white-hot competition of Sydney and to win a G1 from racing in the SI,then i believe he is more than entitled to wank on as you suggested, as promotion is a huge part of any business.  

Wouldn't any aussie trainer have taken Patrick Erin if they were offered him? Hardly needed an agent in this case I would have thought

37 minutes ago, dock leaf said:

Wouldn't any aussie trainer have taken Patrick Erin if they were offered him? Hardly needed an agent in this case I would have thought

Exactly the point I was trying to make - the horse wasn’t sold to Waller’s owners, he is still SI owned - read an article this morning about Patrick Erin and Chris Waller no mention of a bloodstock agent and kudos was given to the Anderton’s and the horses owner’s for sending him to Aussie.

18 hours ago, La Zip said:

I know the owners and as far as i know it was their idea in conjunction with Jan and  Pat's long time trainer Brian Anderton to send the horse to C Waller. Plenty tried to buy the horse but he was never ever really for sale. Im sure Pat smith would be smiling from up above after that win yesterday.

2 hours ago, La Zip said:

Trump, I own a Global Marketing Company, it funds my racing interests, what I don't do, is gloat on my website as to how good I am,......it's like driving up to a clients office in a 200K BMW......you just don't do it.......the tweet was totally inappropriate ....in those circumstances......

I can understand that Zipper. Turning up in a BMW (Buy More Worries) is not on! However, turning up in a $200k Mercedes will do the trick - the key to opening doors!! :) 

10 hours ago, La Zip said:

If you had amongst your clients, Coke Cola, BHP, Shell, Bendon, Fonterra, Penfolds Wines, Villa Maria, and others, wouldn’t you list them on your website as being amongst your list of clientele? If so, what’s the difference when Mulcaster spruiks his list of purchases/Recommendations? 

9 hours ago, Trump said:

If you had amongst your clients, Coke Cola, BHP, Shell, Bendon, Fonterra, Penfolds Wines, Villa Maria, and others, wouldn’t you list them on your website as being amongst your list of clientele? If so, what’s the difference when Mulcaster spruiks his list of purchases/Recommendations? 

We have in addition to several of 'those' brands you mention Trump,  two of the most prestigious sporting brands in Australasia.........we respect our clients confidentiality Trump, our business demands that, it should be all about your client, not about you......and that's my last word.

Couldn't agree more with of the above posters. WTF has a bloodstock agent got to do with Patrick Erin winning the Metrop. Hey George Bush was a great guy yet he sent the troops to Irag on a lie and millions are still dying from that.

By the way they tell me Waller is pleading with the Schumachers   "please can you train Eagle Bay for me he needs that Taranaki grass."

Slam I believe he was instrumental in getting the parties together so was therefore involved in getting the horse to Waller. I do not think Guy deserves some of the comments made about him on here he works bloody hard and has a good reputation in the industry, which is well deserved. Cheers.

Some horse adapt to the waller conditions some dont maybe Eagle Bay is one who does not...but you can not doubt the success of the stable.

13 hours ago, La Zip said:

We have in addition to several of 'those' brands you mention Trump,  two of the most prestigious sporting brands in Australasia.........we respect our clients confidentiality Trump, our business demands that, it should be all about your client, not about you......and that's my last word.

Completely understand your stance and well done to you. However, I don’t necessarily agree with you. “Most” Big Advertising Agencies proudly display the logos of the Brands they represent. Maybe Marketing Companies are different. But really, I’d be proud to put up in lights, the Brands I represent. So getting back to Mulcaster. I’d say that he’s probably entrenched himself as a major buyer for Waller Stable Clients. He hasn’t purchased Patrick Erin has he? If not, then he can hardly claim it as a scalp on his website. Anyway, who cares?

On 9/29/2018 at 7:00 PM, La Zip said:

Having been in the Industry I can relate to that....not the BMW thing, we've had seven...:rcfe-like:

Worked with a guy on the Gold Coast years ago in a Finance business...he turned up to an Open Day for investors in his Bentley Continental and thought nothing of it.....the looks and the comments were priceless. Just didn't get it....:rolleyes:

13 hours ago, Trump said:

Completely understand your stance and well done to you. However, I don’t necessarily agree with you. “Most” Big Advertising Agencies proudly display the logos of the Brands they represent. Maybe Marketing Companies are different. But really, I’d be proud to put up in lights, the Brands I represent. So getting back to Mulcaster. I’d say that he’s probably entrenched himself as a major buyer for Waller Stable Clients. He hasn’t purchased Patrick Erin has he? If not, then he can hardly claim it as a scalp on his website. Anyway, who cares?

GM had nothing to do with owners decision to send it to CW. That was sorted at last NZB sale by CW and BJ at the behest of owner