RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
ivanthegreat

FRIDAY NEWSPAPER SUPPLEMENT

A brick bat for the state of these publications, especially the NZ Herald .They have reached a new low with the 4 pages , lack of reasonable Australian content.

Given they are Australian owned the management must be able to appreciate the significance of this information. Look at the Australian papers they even put the bloody colours in there !! If the decision is to run this service into the ground then shame on you TAB THIS IS CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Mick Guerin ......... if its the only good thing you ever do for anyone else in the game do something about it. We don't need your out of date daily blurb, We just need a decent supplement once a week. Either this OR bring on Aussie ownership of the whole game.

Leave out all the SELECTION PANELS ..... seriously does  anyone read these ?? In my opinion the dogs are totally over represented relative to the support.

To be brutally honest, you are talking about two struggling industries; newspapers and horse-racing.  I don't imagine too many racing people rely on the newspapers for racing info these days. In most provincial parts of NZ the local papers carry no racing news at all, and of course hardly anyone buys the papers in those places anyhow.

I remember a few (may even five?) years back, the Chch Press announced that the format of the Friday liftout was changing, but then once Spring comes around, they would revert back to the original format. Never happened. What they had back then was good, but nowadays I don't ever bother looking at it. And to think the industry is coughing up $2m to have this space in the newspapers, it's a joke. If they don't drastically change the current setup in the newspapers, they may as well scrap it. 

Yes the racing info in the paper's is rubbish now.But i guess there is still ways of getting some form...either get the Informant or use the detailed form lists on the TAB site.

On 9/29/2018 at 10:26 AM, We're Doomed said:

To be brutally honest, you are talking about two struggling industries; newspapers and horse-racing.  I don't imagine too many racing people rely on the newspapers for racing info these days. In most provincial parts of NZ the local papers carry no racing news at all, and of course hardly anyone buys the papers in those places anyhow.

Totally agree with you WD. I never even bother to look at the so called form guide in the newspaper