RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
GOM

Everyone satisfied

Hardly a rush for the two hierarchal positions on the board. Everyone is either very happy with the present setup or in a state of learned helplessness , or is there a lack of people with the right credentials?

Hopefully someone will put their hat in the ring for the job GOM and break what I feel has been a cycle to reduce the grassroots participants in our code - I.M.O

It feels to me that when I got involved 10yrs back the board had their head stuck in the sand and worked on a reactive approach instead of a proactive approach and marketing was a foreign entity that was not found in any form in N.Z. greyhounds. With the reason been no money to employ someone to market it which I called bullshit at the time - hell I would have done a facebook page for free.

I've been involved in all areas of the sport and poured thousands into the sports from buying, breeding, rearing and racing. Its a hobbie and there was always hope that you had a champ but alias that hand hasn't been delt to me but I'd lived in hope. However with a young family now my involvement is becoming less and less to the point where apart from watching and punting that will be it for me very soon.

For me over the last 3-4 yrs I've been becoming more and more disillusioned with how the grassroots participants are seen or heard. Greyhounds will survive and move on if leading figures disappear from the sport and no person or persons should be to big for this to happen.

14 minutes ago, lad27 said:

Hopefully someone will put their hat in the ring for the job GOM and break what I feel has been a cycle to reduce the grassroots participants in our code - I.M.O

It feels to me that when I got involved 10yrs back the board had their head stuck in the sand and worked on a reactive approach instead of a proactive approach and marketing was a foreign entity that was not found in any form in N.Z. greyhounds. With the reason been no money to employ someone to market it which I called bullshit at the time - hell I would have done a facebook page for free.

I've been involved in all areas of the sport and poured thousands into the sports from buying, breeding, rearing and racing. Its a hobbie and there was always hope that you had a champ but alias that hand hasn't been delt to me but I'd lived in hope. However with a young family now my involvement is becoming less and less to the point where apart from watching and punting that will be it for me very soon.

For me over the last 3-4 yrs I've been becoming more and more disillusioned with how the grassroots participants are seen or heard. Greyhounds will survive and move on if leading figures disappear from the sport and no person or persons should be to big for this to happen.

Common guys...you need a university degree to get in now...basic common sense is gone....look at our head guy now..all that they want is puppets not people that have any knowledge off greyhound raceing...again look how long our own lp rep voted in stayed....biggest failure ever......please someone tell me what he did??????and let's be honest this head guy will end up the same....a failure

On 9/28/2018 at 5:14 PM, GOM said:

Hardly a rush for the two hierarchal positions on the board. Everyone is either very happy with the present setup or in a state of learned helplessness , or is there a lack of people with the right credentials?

Definitely not happy here GOM. The issues for me are these, to affect change you need to be surrounded by like-minded people, people who are not easily coerced into following the party line. People willing to challenge the status quo. You also need strong membership support and club leadership. In the absence of any of those elements, you will effectively be pushing shit uphill.

I totally agree with Lad27, consecutive boards have been reactive, but we are not the only code guilty of this offence. The situation won't change anytime soon. I also agree with Hound-Fan that the criteria are geared toward a certain type of person, boat rockers not welcome.

On 9/28/2018 at 8:59 PM, Hound Fan said:

Common guys...you need a university degree to get in now...basic common sense is gone....look at our head guy now..all that they want is puppets not people that have any knowledge off greyhound raceing...again look how long our own lp rep voted in stayed....biggest failure ever......please someone tell me what he did??????and let's be honest this head guy will end up the same....a failure

Spot on here. Our most recent 'LP Rep' wasnt even voted in as such, the election was a complete fraud, a cover up, corruption. With Rendle/Holden ensuring they kept the ship going in their direction with said puppets nodding along collecting their appearance fees.

Holden's first step when he started at GRNZ head office was to get rid of anyone who had more Ghound knowledge than him! And then it was to ensure no more LP's got on the board by first) corrupting the result of election and second) getting rid of the position from the board ensuring we never have another LP vote and dont risk getting any 'boat rockers' on there.

Ofcourse for the most part LP's just sat back accepting lies and corruption so you get what you give I suppose.

On 9/28/2018 at 8:59 PM, Hound Fan said:

I would like to say that no-one comes on here and said I did this, or I did that. You would rubbish any one that said if i did not vote for that or did. I know what I did on the Board at Wanganui, but it is all kept inhouse, you cannot see the minutes from NZGRA or from Wanganui. So when I say I tried,  you will just have to take my word for it. 

Bev