RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
50 win no. 1

No more

After 40 years of betting on harness,  no more.  Me and my mates gather every Friday afternoon/night and have a barbeque , beer and a bet.  We stopped when this alleged behaviour was made public.  To be honest ,  we used to be puzzled by some of the driving tactics and positioning.  Unfortunately we now know why.  We have not bet on NZ harness since,  and probably will not again. Regardless of what happens. we're out.  NO MORE

That is sad 50 win no.1, as having bet on harness for 40 years you and your mates must have got some enjoyment from that. So far it appears there is only a very small number involved and they are yet to be found guilty of anything.  In other sports there appears to be a lot of very questionable decisions made by referees and also team favouritism but that does not put me off having a bet because I get a kick if I win. After all it is called gambling.

I hope you reconsider after we know all the facts.

Best wishes.

26 minutes ago, Overcheck said:

That is sad 50 win no.1, as having bet on harness for 40 years you and your mates must have got some enjoyment from that. So far it appears there is only a very small number involved and they are yet to be found guilty of anything.  In other sports there appears to be a lot of very questionable decisions made by referees and also team favouritism but that does not put me off having a bet because I get a kick if I win. After all it is called gambling.

I hope you reconsider after we know all the facts.

Best wishes.

Yeah i tend to agree, wait until you hear all the facts

15 hours ago, 50 win no. 1 said:

After 40 years of betting on harness,  no more.  Me and my mates gather every Friday afternoon/night and have a barbeque , beer and a bet.  We stopped when this alleged behaviour was made public.  To be honest ,  we used to be puzzled by some of the driving tactics and positioning.  Unfortunately we now know why.  We have not bet on NZ harness since,  and probably will not again. Regardless of what happens. we're out.  NO MORE

Alas you are not alone which is a bloody shame but good on you for posting. Perhaps those who are on the side of those on charges might want to reflect on your loss to the industry  in dollar terms which pay for the majority of stakes. I'm sure you are not alone even if their are a lot of deniers out there

I hope the difference in being on the side of those charged vis a vis those found guilty.is not lost on you 50 on 1..... Justice has not yet been served My mates gather on friday as you do and we dont run to a barby but eat drink and sometimes make money. We are not put off. sometimes we are p....d off with driving tactics but as alongtime punter you must be aware that the junior drivers learn very quickly NOT to be caught 3 wide/you must seek cover as quick as pos.or get in by going back, etc. etc, It looks bad but the alternatve a very tired horse. Hang in there as we will .I maybe regarded as on side of those charged.but those found guilty I would give life bans and very large 5 figure fines. and absolutely no sympathy. We have advanced from the lynch mobs of yesteryear. hopefully.:rcf-cowboy:

On 9/27/2018 at 5:39 PM, 50 win no. 1 said:

Cool. And if someone accused you of dishonest or criminal behavior and you were found not guilty you'd be fine with people taking that attitude with you?

One could say this is currently a perception versus reality issue which will only be solved for some after the court cases have been adjudicated on. For others such as 50-1 and co its the end of the line and they are surely not alone as i have seen and heard many harness followers say , no more bets for me. On the other side of the coin , many are now betting with greater confidence in the belief that no one would be silly enough to pull a swifty over RIU given current  issues. That explains the holding up of betting stats