RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Phantom

JIMMY ROCKET

On 9/26/2018 at 11:11 AM, scooby3051 said:

Until things become professional in NZ the big punters wont touch us... we don't even do sectional times....what year are we in now???

Jeez Scoobs, don’t let BarryB see your post! 

6 hours ago, gubellini said:

Phantom Michael retaining the ride means that the connections were not as upset as you about the ride! Hope he goes well tomorrow but I feel he will once again be a false favourite! 

Trainers tend to do the rider bookings and from what I see often don't give a monkeys about what the owners may feel. They have relationships with the little monkeys .....B)

18 hours ago, gubellini said:

Usual 10/10 ride by Michael Coleman on Jimmy Rocket at Rotorua today. Horse not good enough on the day. Not rocket science to predict he would be a false favourite. Maybe next time over a bit further.

Future good efforts do not justify a prior stuff up Gub's B)

I know you love your jockeys and never see any fault - if I had the misfortune to be a midget I would love to ride for you ;-)

On 10/20/2018 at 2:56 PM, gubellini said:

Usual 10/10 ride by Michael Coleman on Jimmy Rocket at Rotorua today. Horse not good enough on the day. Not rocket science to predict he would be a false favourite. Maybe next time over a bit further.

You are a good man Gube:rcf-happy-5:

If I was riding to win I wouldn’t put myself fourth last on the rails without the potential to control my own destiny,(Rotorua?)  particularly given you are giving rivals who will compete on paper a start. The ride wasn’t rank but if I was involved in paying the bills I wouldn’t be partying over what transpired

By the way I’m standing by what I said about your horse, that ride last start didn’t inspire any confidence. And I backed the horse that had his measure at Te Awamutu paying the same place price as his win :rcf-in-love:

Hi gubellini the point I was making was not about the ride (at Taupo), just the complete and utter failure of the stipes to ask obvious questions. When you have a horse start as favourite and it is ridden like that, questions have to be asked to maintain punter confidence which I',m sure you will agree is absolutely crucial. And Coleman's ride on Saturday wasn't great either, according one of NZ's leading form analysts. He said "It has to get moving early. It won its maiden peeling wide before the home FOR COLEMAN over middle distance so is a stayer. It was a million to one the other day back on the inner. When worked out it gave away too big a start. Doesn't sound like a 10/10 ride to me. 

Phantom I respect what you are saying. Stipendiary Stewards should be always vigilant. As I stated earlier in this thread Jimmy Rocket cannot do much work in a race as his form line suggests. Nothing wrong with putting him back on the rails early to save ground! Michael presented him to win but he wasn’t good enough on the day.

Gube I respect your opinion and I didn't see the race. Just passing on what my friend said, and I not Gruff made exactly the same point. The horse won it's only race by with a sustained swoop round them and if Coleman had ridden it that way in the last two races it might have won THREE races by now, certainly two.

Once again Jimmy Rocket a false favourite in the last at Avondale today. Usual 10/10 ride by Michael Coleman but as I have stated ad nauseam he is a limited conveyance who can’t do much work in a race. He finished 5/11 in a very moderate race. He is what the Americans call a “chronic closer” I.e. always finishing on but never quite making it. 

Phantom a disclaimer! I actually backed Jimmy Rocket for a place today! The field was so bereft of form I thought he was a place certainty. We all get it wrong sometimes. Michael rode the perfect race but couldn’t carry him over the line the last bit. Got shares in two going around at the Cambridge Trials tomorrow. Guarantee I will not bag their riders one of whom is an apprentice who rode his second winner at Avondale today.

2 hours ago, Phantom said:

Hi Gub didn't see the race so can't comment on Coleman's ride, but you are a very generous marker. You weren't a gymnastics judge at the 1984 Olympics were you, you know the one where Mary Lou Rhetton got all those 10s!

You know Phantom  somehow one day JR will fall into an easy lead in some duff old race midweek and kick home at 50s .

Olympic judging by the way improved greatly in the four years between 1984 to 1988 after investment in training and integrity, ask Roy Jones JR , he clearly lost to the home fighter in South Korea, poor head movement , low guard , no footwork that man Mr Jones .

4 hours ago, Phantom said:

Yeah the South Korean's performance was 10/10, just like every Michael Coleman ride. Surprisingly all three judges were later suspended. Obviously those who looked into the matter asked some questions. Carry on!

Had scroll through JR formline Phantom. Never heard of term " Chronic Closer "  by way I like the US term " sitting chilly " when they sitting at rear down back stretch, Chronic Closer superb. 

Chronic Closer nails it with  JR, following comments when beaten  in form "stormed home late" "finished strongly" "had more" "strong late finish". Was one "plugged " though.

1992 Barcelona  Eric Griffin (US)  v Rafael Lozano the home fighter , new push button system to stop corruption  , five back up judges in case computer failed had it 5 zip the yank , push button system had him landing 5 clean the whole fight. They suspect the push button judges pushed wrong buttons or spent too little time on speed ball so didn't have reaction time to hit button within the 1 second window.