RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Trump

M2+3

He must be chuckling! A sunny Brisbane day, temp 26, seven rides @$200 a hit and min stakes of $20-25k. Hard to see him going back to NZ - except for the odd Premier ride. Getting rides from leading Stables too. He’s on his way and good on him. Has ridden some really good races on the right horses.

He's on his way? Are you his manager or just having a laugh?

A win strike rate of 13.4 in Brisbane Metro this season - and that's off the back of two average NZ seasons with SR's of  11.64 and 9.37 respectively.

If he continues to ride as he did today 7 rides for a couple of 3rds, and a piss poor effort on SORNJA in the last in Bris: 3 wide the trip, in the last 3 of the field - the only thing he'll be on his way to, is back home to NZ :rcf-laughing-3::rcfe-laughing::rcf-laughing-1:

Don’t give up your day job VS! Stats can be twisted to suit your agenda. However, let’s look at M2+3’s 2018/19 season so far - in the Brisbane metro racing scene. He’s running 6th and has $362,000 in Stakes, about the same as Jim Byrne. Not bad huh? He’s ridden more winners than Brad Stewart (9th)and Matt McGillivarey (10th). I think he’s doing quite well, establishing himself, getting rides for good stables, riding well and puting his marker down. Oh, and I’m not his Manager nor having a laugh and I’ve yet to back a horse he’s riding. However, I do have an interest in one showing promise with Tony Gollan and as the Manager, I’ve told him I’m happy if he puts M2+3 on her. By the way, his metro strike rate I think is currently 7.5%

Yes Scoobs, an example is the McEvoy ride on The Autumn Sun a couple of weeks ago. He could not get a run in the straight and was (imho) a certainty beaten. Climbed over the backs of them! Blame the rider? I think that’s racing. Yesterday McEvoy had wins where the Red Sea parted and he came straight through the middle! That’s racing. M2+3 is taking every ride he can get. He has to in order to establish contacts with as many Stables as possible. We are less than 2 months into the 2018/19 racing season and he’s running 6th and has stakes of $362,000 by the latest count. He’s on a running rate to win at least $2m for the year. If he can jag a few Big race wins then he’ll be staying for sure. Jeff Lloyd will retire soon and that willl open up more opportunities for him. Robbie Fradd has gone to Mauritius or some other place and IMO, there’s a big gap between the riding ability of the top 10 metro riders and the rest. He’ll do well I’m picking.

9 minutes ago, Trump said:

Yes Scoobs, an example is the McEvoy ride on The Autumn Sun a couple of weeks ago. He could not get a run in the straight and was (imho) a certainty beaten. Climbed over the backs of them! Blame the rider? I think that’s racing. Yesterday McEvoy had wins where the Red Sea parted and he came straight through the middle! That’s racing. M2+3 is taking every ride he can get. He has to in order to establish contacts with as many Stables as possible. We are less than 2 months into the 2018/19 racing season and he’s running 6th and has stakes of $362,000 by the latest count. He’s on a running rate to win at least $2m for the year. If he can jag a few Big race wins then he’ll be staying for sure. Jeff Lloyd will retire soon and that willl open up more opportunities for him. Robbie Fradd has gone to Mauritius or some other place and IMO, there’s a big gap between the riding ability of the top 10 metro riders and the rest. He’ll do well I’m picking.

He will because he has a great work ethic, never stops trying and does not listen to the knockers,wish him well there he is a really good guy and a very decent rider.

12 hours ago, Trump said:

Don’t give up your day job VS! Stats can be twisted to suit your agenda. However, let’s look at M2+3’s 2018/19 season so far - in the Brisbane metro racing scene. He’s running 6th and has $362,000 in Stakes, about the same as Jim Byrne. Not bad huh? He’s ridden more winners than Brad Stewart (9th)and Matt McGillivarey (10th). I think he’s doing quite well, establishing himself, getting rides for good stables, riding well and puting his marker down. Oh, and I’m not his Manager nor having a laugh and I’ve yet to back a horse he’s riding. However, I do have an interest in one showing promise with Tony Gollan and as the Manager, I’ve told him I’m happy if he puts M2+3 on her. By the way, his metro strike rate I think is currently 7.5%

Agreed Mr Trump that stats can be twsted to suit your agenda. Hence the Metro 7.5% win rate you state is really a SR of a win every 13.4 rides (5 wins for 67 rides) :rcfe-like:

Comparing Stakes won to NZ Stakes doesn't make you a better rider, just means you are riding in a better industry. But like you said earlier, he's won on the "right horses"

Agree with the positive comments.

Mark is a complete professional and has a great work ethic. These are a couple of the reasons  Royce Dowling supported Mark when he originally came out here.

He will be missed in NZ, but completely understand if he decides to stay in Queensland. I will miss the money he donates to me at golf, but it is what it is.

49 minutes ago, Midget said:

Agree with the positive comments.

Mark is a complete professional and has a great work ethic. These are a couple of the reasons  Royce Dowling supported Mark when he originally came out here.

He will be missed in NZ, but completely understand if he decides to stay in Queensland. I will miss the money he donates to me at golf, but it is what it is.

Midget - what has happened to your mate - 16 ounce ? gone very quiet lately is he on vacation, has he lost his ipad or is there an explosion brewing? :rcf-wink: