RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
john legend

canterbury Harness Awards

Thanks Spike it is a joke but it is not funny when many people with their lives in Harness racing are considered guilty before even a hint of a trial. HRNZ with their lack of support may 1 day drive past the chinese beef farm that used to  be a harness racing establishment at Rolleston and thinkof the good old days. and wonder why all the top canterbury trainers only come across the tasman to buy the top lots at yearling sales and win our big races.

JJ mate you missed point, Mark P & AllStars have had the most enviable record this season and I for the life of me cannot see how they could be so blatantly overlooked, over achievers or no, since when was it a negative to produce so many winners etc and not get recognised for it? it's ludicrous.....

Cheers Iraklis

1 hour ago, john legend said:

And your point is ?   Even M.H. would concede a stable winning 27 group 1s in a season is world class and have had asensational year eg nz cup,ak cup,interdom,5 jewelsmessenger,oaks ,sire stakes,oaks. hunter cup. the list would go on and on. As mentioned in this post the truth is this year to avoid embarassemet some trainers and drivers  are too successful so must not get an award. (over achievers mentioned and fits nicely) Please dont insult the collective intelligence of this view  .

Dont shoot the Messenger John, was only posting the list of winners on the night. Nothing more and nothing less

6 minutes ago, Iraklis said:

JJ mate you missed point, Mark P & AllStars have had the most enviable record this season and I for the life of me cannot see how they could be so blatantly overlooked, over achievers or no, since when was it a negative to produce so many winners etc and not get recognised for it? it's ludicrous.....

Cheers Iraklis

I think you have missed my point. I posted the winners and somewhat tongue and cheek underlined TC  If you look at the results i posted you have Pacing owner of the year, Trotting owner of the year and low and behold someone else,TC wins Owner of the year.

2 hours ago, john legend said:

looks like they will be in the 8000 to 9000 range for first meeting of the season. some with the first win 1500 bonus.. oct 30 and 1 nov first meeting.after that will depend on sponsors.

Tentatives out now - both day stakes $9k which I think is a better idea than the 8k - 10k split ...... hopefully Mickey stays well away!

Sorry JJ  (must take my happy pills !!) but the word bizarre is in the list so if the claytons canterbury awards 2018 were issued honestly the driver could  have been awarded to someone down the list say an Ivan Schwamm for longevity. (now 85)

1 hour ago, john legend said:

Sorry JJ  (must take my happy pills !!) but the word bizarre is in the list so if the claytons canterbury awards 2018 were issued honestly the driver could  have been awarded to someone down the list say an Ivan Schwamm for longevity. (now 85)

I'm hearing you on the bizarre front and actually agree with you and Iraklis. I thought they could have given it to "The King" Hes had to come out of retirement to drive a few so might be a big chance next awards night:rcf-happy-7:

JJ, the point was Owner of The Year? and what is that? hey, yeh the dude is an owner for AllStars but who's talent puts the polish on those owners horses; it don't in my book constitute Trainer/Driver/all conquering stable of the fricken year, hell everybody knows it was Mark P and the AllStars, come on......

JL's right with his Claytons Awards :rcfe-happy-2:

Cheers Iraklis