RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
GOM

Wycato this week

46 minutes ago, GOM said:

Having another look at this post Taylor, why if the decision was made well before any trainers got there did they take trial money off trainers arriving after the decision had been made ????

What amazes me is 10 years ago rain meant a perfect track at cambridge and auckland....what's changed?

4 hours ago, GOM said:

Having another look at this post Taylor, why if the decision was made well before any trainers got there did they take trial money off trainers arriving after the decision had been made ????

Amazing now the tracks ready and you can trial friday?????so will it be the same mutton heads that decided the track carnt ne fixed that now decide after 2days it's all good.....unbelievable 

45 minutes ago, Hound Fan said:

Amazing now the tracks ready and you can trial friday?????so will it be the same mutton heads that decided the track carnt ne fixed that now decide after 2days it's all good.....unbelievable 

Judging from your response and the way the track ran monday. There should be no need for this conversation to be had. Whats worse is that they are saying cant race thursday but can trial friday. Surely the clubs having a laugh

4 hours ago, Hound Fan said:

What amazes me is 10 years ago rain meant a perfect track at cambridge and auckland....what's changed?

From what I have heard about Auckland, the new loam that was put onto the track is worse than  the old loam if that is even possible.

I also heard when they originally changed the canvas of the track. They rushed into racing there instead of a 3 week trialling period like they have done at wenty. Seems ludicrus imo and very amatuer.

Probably doesnt help that you guys had the same dude who farked half the surfaces in nsw come over to show your curators whats wrong with the surfaces ( grnsw have had to fork out 100s of thousands to fix his mess and probably make it worse as hes still at the helm of the operation)

19 minutes ago, Rules For Some said:

From what I have heard about Auckland, the new loam that was put onto the track is worse than  the old loam if that is even possible.

I also heard when they originally changed the canvas of the track. They rushed into racing there instead of a 3 week trialling period like they have done at wenty. Seems ludicrus imo and very amatuer.

Probably doesnt help that you guys had the same dude who farked half the surfaces in nsw come over to show your curators whats wrong with the surfaces ( grnsw have had to fork out 100s of thousands to fix his mess and probably make it worse as hes still at the helm of the operation)

Think you are on the wrong page...the curator that came to manukau was from  Melbourne and is still the head curator over there...his recommendations were not implemented at all.....it went back to the same old thing.....it was one reason I got of the committee at auckland......dosnt matter what the committee decides robers and Robert's do what they want....the camber changed back to what it was when the track was built...nothing to do with any abandonment...

On 9/17/2018 at 2:56 PM, Hound Fan said:

Bit over the top...dont think anyone thinks it's a laughing stock...at least they were proactive and didn't get there meeting cancelled.....few points need addressing though...if the track was so bad why did trials go ahead with the fastest being 20.98....I think this comes down to a few people thinking they are mightier than the rest.....unusual to see a riu person there....were they there by request?....4 days till racing ...plenty of time to grade and water and roll the track....noms are reopened till 8am in the morning...but hello just been told phone noms closed at 4.30pm tonight...no on there at grnz until 8am......no disrespect to the riu person but come on in 40years I'm not a track expert and neither are the people involved in making this decision but I think the times of all the trials would say it was fixable......my opinion poor call but a laughing stock no....nobody else cares

ll coming from you                                      I think this comes down to a few people thinking they are mightier than the rest.....

On 9/19/2018 at 5:06 PM, GOM said:

That is the cleverest post I have read in ages Lowdown

Thanks GOM, glad you enjoyed it, apart from the obvious question Wai? I was also perplexed by your original spelling of the region in the title? Is there something I've missed? :rcf-thinking-1:

On 9/19/2018 at 9:51 AM, GOM said:

Taylor, what sort of " metal shavings"? That sounds bizarre

Not sure who Taylor is GOM but maybe she has more info than me, I was led to believe that the Cambridge track have had remedial work performed on the rail during the down time, maybe they were drilling screw holes or something along those lines?  Apparently one of the stipes had picked up a handful of them while walking around the track - regardless of the varying pentrometer readings I should think that in itself would be enough to put any trainer off running on it?

On 9/19/2018 at 6:24 PM, Rules For Some said:

Having not been on course for some times (years) I couldn’t say for sure but I did notice on tv that the dogs that are wider on the track certainly seemed to be kicking up a lot more sand then the inside dogs (yes I am bitter about losing my money! ) and we’re struggling to keep pace, seemed to me it wasn’t compacted equally or lacked water out wide.

On 9/19/2018 at 6:17 PM, Rules For Some said:

Judging from your response and the way the track ran monday. There should be no need for this conversation to be had. Whats worse is that they are saying cant race thursday but can trial friday. Surely the clubs having a laugh

I don’t think the club had a say in the abandonment, it was an riu decision 

1 hour ago, Betting man said:

Not sure who Taylor is GOM but maybe she has more info than me, I was led to believe that the Cambridge track have had remedial work performed on the rail during the down time, maybe they were drilling screw holes or something along those lines?  Apparently one of the stipes had picked up a handful of them while walking around the track - regardless of the varying pentrometer readings I should think that in itself would be enough to put any trainer off running on it?

Seems to be a number of holes in that story. Did the stipe pickup a HANDFUL and if they did of what?

If it put the trainers off running on it it's no big deal as most of them have trouble walking let alone running

3 hours ago, GOM said:

Seems to be a number of holes in that story. Did the stipe pickup a HANDFUL and if they did of what?

If it put the trainers off running on it it's no big deal as most of them have trouble walking let alone running

Sorry GOM, Given that you specifically asked about the metal shavings and that is what I was responding to I assumed it would be obvious that was what the handful contained.

..and yes while I believe you are being facetious I agree that there probably are very few trainers that would run a strong 375m..

57 minutes ago, Betting man said:

Sorry GOM, Given that you specifically asked about the metal shavings and that is what I was responding to I assumed it would be obvious that was what the handful contained.

..and yes while I believe you are being facetious I agree that there probably are very few trainers that would run a strong 375m..

And very much doubt many off us could run a quick lst sectional either...would need a few heiny stops to get 375 in fact I would be a late scratching...refusing to go into the barrier ...lol

4 hours ago, Betting man said:

dont upset mike hes a legend  another tiui ad

On 9/19/2018 at 6:49 PM, Hound Fan said:

Think you are on the wrong page...the curator that came to manukau was from  Melbourne and is still the head curator over there...his recommendations were not implemented at all.....it went back to the same old thing.....it was one reason I got of the committee at auckland......dosnt matter what the committee decides robers and Robert's do what they want....the camber changed back to what it was when the track was built...nothing to do with any abandonment...

I believe the guy i reffered to went to nz around feb this yr

16 hours ago, Hound Fan said:

And very much doubt many off us could run a quick lst sectional either...would need a few heiny stops to get 375 in fact I would be a late scratching...refusing to go into the barrier ...lol

Refused..... with the majority of trainers it would be unable to