RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
GOM

Wycato this week

Waikato GRC meeting Thursday 20th September 2018 will now be run at Manukau due to issues with the resurfacing of the track at Cambridge Raceway. Nominations will now remain open until 8:00am Tuesday for those who wish to either nominate or withdraw due to the relocation. Fields will be drawn at 9.30am Tuesday morning and will be made available prior to Auckland noms closing for Sunday at midday.

2 minutes ago, Rules For Some said:

What happens to the Waterloo cup heat? 2 heats at Auckland... What a joke... Why cant these people follow their own rules? No wonder 

new zealand greyhound racing is the laughing stock of racing

Bit over the top...dont think anyone thinks it's a laughing stock...at least they were proactive and didn't get there meeting cancelled.....few points need addressing though...if the track was so bad why did trials go ahead with the fastest being 20.98....I think this comes down to a few people thinking they are mightier than the rest.....unusual to see a riu person there....were they there by request?....4 days till racing ...plenty of time to grade and water and roll the track....noms are reopened till 8am in the morning...but hello just been told phone noms closed at 4.30pm tonight...no on there at grnz until 8am......no disrespect to the riu person but come on in 40years I'm not a track expert and neither are the people involved in making this decision but I think the times of all the trials would say it was fixable......my opinion poor call but a laughing stock no....nobody else cares

1 hour ago, Hound Fan said:

Bit over the top...dont think anyone thinks it's a laughing stock...at least they were proactive and didn't get there meeting cancelled.....few points need addressing though...if the track was so bad why did trials go ahead with the fastest being 20.98....I think this comes down to a few people thinking they are mightier than the rest.....unusual to see a riu person there....were they there by request?....4 days till racing ...plenty of time to grade and water and roll the track....noms are reopened till 8am in the morning...but hello just been told phone noms closed at 4.30pm tonight...no on there at grnz until 8am......no disrespect to the riu person but come on in 40years I'm not a track expert and neither are the people involved in making this decision but I think the times of all the trials would say it was fixable......my opinion poor call but a laughing stock no....nobody else cares

It is a laughing stock. The fact there was a 20.98 today says it all

Run 20.98 one trial and could have had a  break down the next. 

Times aren't everything. 

Up to trainers if they wanted to trial. Their risk. 

Stipes were there at request of the club. 

The club and Stipes were not satisfied that the track would be in prime safe racing condition by Thursday so went to plan b.. Transfer to Auckland. 

This was always a back up plan the club did not want to undertake but better to be safe than sorry. 

Rules for Waterloo Cup I think have in there about 2 heats at Auckland If a club doesn't get their heat off the ground. Could be wrong. 

Yes a very unfortunate thing but imagine the uproar if we got to Cambridge on Thursday to have to turn around and go home without a meeting. 

1 hour ago, mmmyb said:

Times aren't everything. 

The club and Stipes were not satisfied that the track would be in prime safe racing condition by Thursday so went to plan b.. Transfer to Auckland. 

This was always a back up plan the club did not want to undertake but better to be safe than sorry. 

Rules for Waterloo Cup I think have in there about 2 heats at Auckland If a club doesn't get their heat off the ground. Could be wrong. 

Yes a very unfortunate thing but imagine the uproar if we got to Cambridge on Thursday to have to turn around and go home without a meeting. 

13 hours ago, mmmyb said:

Times aren't everything. 

Corey...you are right. The first special conditions state that the heats are to be run at a venue...not at a club and if cancelled at that venue the auckland club is able to run 2 heats....clearly not transfered race meetings

It’s probably bad for dogs who run better at Cambridge with bigger and shorter track but I would of thought  it would be more ideal because the final is at Manakau so at least they’ve run on the track.

Corey. If the club had identified that the track was not fit to race on Thursday then they should have called off trials yesterday. I would imagine if I had been trialing a Pinny Mack or Bigtime Paddy and they had broke down when the club knew the track was unsafe I would be after them like the RIU after a trotting driver. ( I could have remained with the dogs and said like the RIU after a greyhound trainer but that would be far too slow and ineffective)

Steve makes a good point that who is the expert that makes these call's. With all due respect to your Dad and the stipes. I think they could be questionably qualified but good onya for sticking by Dad.

One of the most experienced people with track management at Cambridge would be Peter Henley and he was telling people the track was in good order and great to run on

Just a question: Why does the Northern region get two heats, with the Cambridge heat run at 457m? Taking into consideration that the other 3 heats and final are run in the 520ish range.

Wouldn't it be great if the Otago region got a heat? Then the Waterloo Cup could be marketed like a Nationals competition!

6 hours ago, GOM said:

Corey. If the club had identified that the track was not fit to race on Thursday then they should have called off trials yesterday. I would imagine if I had been trialing a Pinny Mack or Bigtime Paddy and they had broke down when the club knew the track was unsafe I would be after them like the RIU after a trotting driver. ( I could have remained with the dogs and said like the RIU after a greyhound trainer but that would be far too slow and ineffective)

Steve makes a good point that who is the expert that makes these call's. With all due respect to your Dad and the stipes. I think they could be questionably qualified but good onya for sticking by Dad.

One of the most experienced people with track management at Cambridge would be Peter Henley and he was telling people the track was in good order and great to run on

From what I was told last night the stipes made the call that the track was deemed unsafe due to the pentrometer readings varying dramatically with some of the readings being well over 40 which is an automatic “abandon “ on race day together with a large amount of metal shavings being found on the track along the rail from the recent remedial work. 

The decision was made to abandon Thursday’s meeting and implemented well before any trainers arrived on track.

The stewards advised that the trials be abandoned and most trainers accepted this and left as did the starter/track curator but a few took it upon themselves to start and run their own trials so I strongly doubt the stewards could be held responsible for this should any dog be injured.

58 minutes ago, Betting man said:

From what I was told last night the stipes made the call that the track was deemed unsafe due to the pentrometer readings varying dramatically with some of the readings being well over 40 which is an automatic “abandon “ on race day together with a large amount of metal shavings being found on the track along the rail from the recent remedial work. 

The decision was made to abandon Thursday’s meeting and implemented well before any trainers arrived on track.

The stewards advised that the trials be abandoned and most trainers accepted this and left as did the starter/track curator but a few took it upon themselves to start and run their own trials so I strongly doubt the stewards could be held responsible for this should any dog be injured.

I can tell you without a doubt if the pentrometer  read 40..there is no way a dog could break 21....my own pup improved from over 22 to run 21.66......either someone is telling porky's or the pentrometer is not working....by the way the pentrometer is a jacked up peice of metal dropping through a plastic tube ....many things can happen like it not being dropped properly to under dropping of it....it is just a guide not a measured tool and should be treated in that way....sometimes a softer track is safer than a hard track...

50 minutes ago, Hound Fan said:

I can tell you without a doubt if the pentrometer  read 40..there is no way a dog could break 21....my own pup improved from over 22 to run 21.66......either someone is telling porky's or the pentrometer is not working....by the way the pentrometer is a jacked up peice of metal dropping through a plastic tube ....many things can happen like it not being dropped properly to under dropping of it....it is just a guide not a measured tool and should be treated in that way....sometimes a softer track is safer than a hard track...

This also begs the question...why are we mucking around with homemade petrometres...why have the riu not invested in professional depth reading machines......its a joke

14 hours ago, Betting man said:

Taylor, what sort of " metal shavings"? That sounds bizarre

13 hours ago, Hound Fan said:

This also begs the question...why are we mucking around with homemade petrometres...why have the riu not invested in professional depth reading machines......its a joke

With what i was told you cant get a reading out of sand with a petrometrer

18 hours ago, Betting man said:

Having another look at this post Taylor, why if the decision was made well before any trainers got there did they take trial money off trainers arriving after the decision had been made ????