RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
ivanthegreat

TRACKSIDE TIPSTERS

Don't you consider that Trackside presentation ( the tipping function ) and management of Jockeys is a conflict of interest ?

Those that I'm aware of are Rodley , Sweeney and Anderson but there could be others.

As an example take yesterday at the Awapuni meeting. Sweeney manages Parkes and Rodley  manages Allpress.

Collectively the two jockeys rode 6 of the 8 winners yet based on 1st picks Sweeney picked 3 and Rodley 1 , they both selected Igraine of course paying $1.40 n Race 1.

In race 6 Allpress won on 2nd favourite " The Heiress " yet Rodley didn't even have it in 4 selections for the race ........GO FIGURE.

Which finally raises the question if they are good at organising winners for their respective jockeys why is it that this success doesn't make its way to their selections................ THAT'S RIGHT YOUV'E GOT IT.  

Racing integrity 101

I think part of the problem is that neither of those professions pay well. And I get what you’re saying but there may never have been a trackside presenter who could actually “make it” as a punter. 

Punting, managing a jockey and presenting on trackside are all pretty different.

I think questioning their integrity is a little unfair.

2 hours ago, ivanthegreat said:

Don't you consider that Trackside presentation ( the tipping function ) and management of Jockeys is a conflict of interest ?

Those that I'm aware of are Rodley , Sweeney and Anderson but there could be others.

As an example take yesterday at the Awapuni meeting. Sweeney manages Parkes and Rodley  manages Allpress.

Collectively the two jockeys rode 6 of the 8 winners yet based on 1st picks Sweeney picked 3 and Rodley 1 , they both selected Igraine of course paying $1.40 n Race 1.

In race 6 Allpress won on 2nd favourite " The Heiress " yet Rodley didn't even have it in 4 selections for the race ........GO FIGURE.

Which finally raises the question if they are good at organising winners for their respective jockeys why is it that this success doesn't make its way to their selections................ THAT'S RIGHT YOUV'E GOT IT.  

Racing integrity 101

Plenty of agents don’t get their jockeys on the best chance in the race that’s obvious. So therefore it stands to reason they may think another horse is a better chance than the one they managed to secure .

19 hours ago, Sickopunter said:

I think part of the problem is that neither of those professions pay well. And I get what you’re saying but there may never have been a trackside presenter who could actually “make it” as a punter. 

Punting, managing a jockey and presenting on trackside are all pretty different.

I think questioning their integrity is a little unfair.

I don't think their integrity is being questioned , but certainly the perception of the entire setup is. Poor perception can lead to questionable activity.

Yesterday at Hawkes Bay was classic THE SHARK on a 1st pick basis only picked 1 winner Avantage and that was a photo at that.

The others ( POP & Sweeney ) talking all day long only managed  2 being Avantage and the Mongolian Marshall.

Rodley also had Mellody Belle to make it 3.

The famous FIRST CALL excelled again a fullscap page of picks everybody  lost money except a $9 profit for Tan

Trouble is everybody is forced to read the same media coverage including radio which is all put out directly or indirectly by the TAB.

•  

•  

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

•  

On 9/15/2018 at 11:40 PM, ivanthegreat said:

Racing integrity 101

Yes. Obviously.