RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
JJ Flash

Greg O'Conner

24 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

Wasnt it the HRNZ who have imposed stand downs post charges being laid. I know they have the legal authority to do so until license rules.

It was the RIU and was also part of bail conditions but that is not longer the case after being removed on Tuesday 11th Sept. It can be revisited if RIU exclusion ceases.

Media Release Operation Inca - Wednesday 5 September 2018

posted Sep 4, 2018, 7:13 PM by Karin Attwood   [ updated Sep 4, 2018, 7:13 PM ]

The Police and Racing Integrity Unit are investigating Race Fixing in Harness Racing. 

As a result of the investigation to date the Police have arrested a number of persons and charged them with race fixing. 

In view of the serious nature of the charges the Police have laid the Racing Integrity Unit (RIU) has taken action under the Rules of Harness Racing to exclude, all those charged by the Police from entering a race course to attend race meetings, workouts and trials.

The RIU has also charged those concerned with Serious Racing Offences, Rule 1001 (1) (v) (i) of the Rules of Harness Racing. 

The RIU can be contacted by the following means 

• 0800RIU123 

• integrity@riu.org.nz 

• 09 529 7219 

As the matter is now before the courts no further comment can be made.

17 minutes ago, Kotare_Hunter said:

It was the RIU and was also part of bail conditions but that is not longer the case after being removed on Tuesday 11th Sept. It can be revisited if RIU exclusion ceases.

Media Release Operation Inca - Wednesday 5 September 2018

posted Sep 4, 2018, 7:13 PM by Karin Attwood   [ updated Sep 4, 2018, 7:13 PM ]

The Police and Racing Integrity Unit are investigating Race Fixing in Harness Racing. 

As a result of the investigation to date the Police have arrested a number of persons and charged them with race fixing. 

In view of the serious nature of the charges the Police have laid the Racing Integrity Unit (RIU) has taken action under the Rules of Harness Racing to exclude, all those charged by the Police from entering a race course to attend race meetings, workouts and trials.

The RIU has also charged those concerned with Serious Racing Offences, Rule 1001 (1) (v) (i) of the Rules of Harness Racing. 

The RIU can be contacted by the following means 

• 0800RIU123 

• integrity@riu.org.nz 

• 09 529 7219 

As the matter is now before the courts no further comment can be made.

Ok so the RIU enforced a HRNZ rule to exclude those arrested.

1 hour ago, LongOwner said:

And  it is not fair justice or anything close to innocent until proven.

Wrong Wromg - they  need compensation if this is how HRNZ and RIU think our justice system works !

You might have this very wrong and thus cant be objective long Owner. The RIU and HRNZ are quite within their rights to do as they do based on HRNZ rules and licensing provisions which drivers and trainers sign up to. Clearly you have never appeared to consider in any of your posts that the RIU and HRNZ are privy to a lot more information than most of us re the charges laid.

They have obviously made a value judgement to do as they have done for the benefit of all in the game and the integrity of the overall industry.

Your points about compensation are IMHO frivolous and lack any merit as things stand. Those who have been arrested are now before the courts and its the police who are  carrying out the prosecution case. Yes after 2 years of surveillance and evidence gathering some or all might be  innocent but your posts suggest  you fail to accept that some or all may be guilty

4 hours ago, Kotare_Hunter said:

This reflects on the RIU and Police rather than those charged.

Agreed

I think where long owner is trying to take this is the Natural Justice legal arguement. That could go any way depending on judge but as I see it the RIU and HRNZ are dammed of they do in some people's eyes  and dammed if they don't in others.

Leave it to the courts to sort out

9 hours ago, Lee270744 said:

Does that mean the HRNZ or any Sports Organisation can take away your livelihood if you are charged with any offense ie DUI, Assault, Fraud, Drugs, that has nothing to do with racing or the games the Sports represent?

It happens to self-employed people in the medical, legal and other professions where they are required to sign a declaration that they will adhere to a code of conduct each year.

If they don't sign, they don't get to participate.  If they sign, and are investigated for alleged infractions they are stood down until things are sorted.

Would you like a doctor or lawyer with a cloud hanging over their integrity working on you or for you?

14 hours ago, Lee270744 said:

Does that mean the HRNZ or any Sports Organisation can take away your livelihood if you are charged with any offense ie DUI, Assault, Fraud, Drugs, that has nothing to do with racing or the games the Sports represent?

I would imagine it is in terms and conditions of your licence application that if they suspect you are partaking in any criminal activity,i haven't been registered for a lot of years but always used to be a lot of stuff in the fineprint.I do know that part of the Ts&Cs mean that HRNZ can refuse or ban anybody from entering a racecourse and indeed registered trainers properties.

17 hours ago, Fartoomuch said:

Leave it to the courts to sort out

Totally agree--so why is there a plethora of comment from Marrion, Guerin (both in Informant) and your BFF , Mark Purdon, trying to whitewash any dodgy behaviour within the Harness cohort. The proletariat are prepared to leave it to process, so why don't M, G and P, STFU!

So if someones phone or car is bugged and they were heard asking if they could get a Pinger or Pot off you could you expect 6 police cars  to search your house and find nothing and then put your property and your photo over the front page of the media and stay silent, I know who should STFU its the imbeciles speculating on social media and certainly not the victims.BTW here is a small sample of sports people who have been charged and then discharged without conviction for Assault with Machete, DUI, Fraud, Cannabis, Assaulting pregnant wife,  Rugby 15 Netball 1 Snowboarder 1 Cricketer 1 and would be interested to know if they were immediately banned from playing, training or watching their sport?

9 hours ago, Lee270744 said:

So if someones phone or car is bugged and they were heard asking if they could get a Pinger or Pot off you could you expect 6 police cars  to search your house and find nothing and then put your property and your photo over the front page of the media and stay silent, I know who should STFU its the imbeciles speculating on social media and certainly not the victims.BTW here is a small sample of sports people who have been charged and then discharged without conviction for Assault with Machete, DUI, Fraud, Cannabis, Assaulting pregnant wife,  Rugby 15 Netball 1 Snowboarder 1 Cricketer 1 and would be interested to know if they were immediately banned from playing, training or watching their sport?

Great response - this smashing houses , smashing cars , 12 cops with flat jackets per raid was totally unwanted .

Embarrassing that the NZPolice and RIU who expect us to support / respect them behave like this !

38 minutes ago, LongOwner said:

Great response - this smashing houses , smashing cars , 12 cops with flat jackets per raid was totally unwanted .

Embarrassing that the NZPolice and RIU who expect us to support / respect them behave like this !

Just a simple yes or no.   Do you believe the uncovering of integrity issues and drug use is a good thing. 

Obviously you are unhappy about how it was investigated, ,but you seem very unhappy it was even uncovered. So just to clarify can you answer my question. thanks.

47 minutes ago, what a post said:

Just a simple yes or no.   Do you believe the uncovering of integrity issues and drug use is a good thing. 

Obviously you are unhappy about how it was investigated, ,but you seem very unhappy it was even uncovered. So just to clarify can you answer my question. thanks.

I am happy for it to be  investigated but the delivery / method was disgraceful. 

They do not have links with Al-Qaeda - totally over the top and as for feeding the The Press not necessary .

I say again all innocent until proven guilty which everyone seems to forget.

58 minutes ago, what a post said:

Yes, investigate people that drug horses and fix races but what they do recreationally in their own time is their business, not HRNZ or RUI.Do you think it was warranted to have 6 police cars come in your drive and search your house because you gave a person a disco biscuit? Do you think they had 12 police initially investigate the Kahui twins murder which they could not get a conviction for?

2 hours ago, what a post said:

I sense you are trying to prove those questioning the whole process to date have no morals ,or at least less morals than yourself.

The process to date raises many questions.

As a general rule do you think that peoples who are heavily into gambling activities have high morals ,similar to what your good self claims to possess ?

Just a simple yes or no will suffice.

To assist the cynics and devils advocates on here can you please provide a list of criteria which will help us rate our scale of morality.

Cheers.

1 hour ago, Lee270744 said:

Yes, investigate people that drug horses and fix races but what they do recreationally in their own time is their business, not HRNZ or RUI.Do you think it was warranted to have 6 police cars come in your drive and search your house because you gave a person a disco biscuit? Do you think they had 12 police initially investigate the Kahui twins murder which they could not get a conviction for?

The RIU and HRNZ are not the ones handling the investigation - based on the charges laid this is a Police operation into criminal activity within the harness racing industry.

Surely you're not blaming HRNZ and the RIU for the number of police cars and staff involved ..... that's bordering on bat-shit crazy?

2 hours ago, LongOwner said:

iI am happy for it to be  investigated but the delivery / method was disgraceful. 

They do not have links with Al-Qaeda - totally over the top and as for feeding the The Press not necessary .

I say again all innocent until proven guilty which everyone seems to forget.

fair enough. In my opinion its all about getting results to stop corruption ,and  like it or not,the method used has uncovered enough to warrant serious criminal charges being laid.  I detach myself from the personalities involved and have always been a believer in people looking at themselves in the mirror and not looking to blame others for their own actions.  I understand when personalities are involved, people get upset. Its just part of the process. Each to their own opinion

2 hours ago, Lee270744 said:

A disco biscuit. I've come across heaps of people on your so called disco biscuit, Never really had any issues with them,but i'm fully aware that can just be the start of a slippery slide to a deep hole and I've read the statistics and some studies about said drug. I've personally encountered many people on drugs and suffered assaults.I have seen it effect peoples judgment,so no I have no sympathy for those within the industry supplying or taking drugs. I believe those involved  have a responsibility to set better examples to those who look up to them .

58 minutes ago, tasman man 11 said:

I sense you are trying to prove those questioning the whole process to date have no morals ,or at least less morals than yourself.

The process to date raises many questions.

As a general rule do you think that peoples who are heavily into gambling activities have high morals ,similar to what your good self claims to possess ?

Just a simple yes or no will suffice.

To assist the cynics and devils advocates on here can you please provide a list of criteria which will help us rate our scale of morality.

Cheers.

Morals. I think that is an individual choice.      No,would be the simple answer to your question.   And that is exactly why oversight and integrity need to be policed so stringently.

List of criteria.  Your just deflecting from the issues.   You need to be even handed in questioning that.    I will say I"m  against race fixing and the use and supply of class a and b drugs. I also have no time for cheating.

What a Post

You must be very pure or naive re who is corrupt and who is not .

Look at the Churches re corruption and behaviour, look at NZ Police re both and the every other professional re both - no one is perfect but I guess you must be .

But all those other organisations didnt get the NZ Police terriost department and SWAT team arrive when questioned. 

13 minutes ago, what a post said:

fair enough. In my opinion its all about getting results to stop corruption ,and  like it or not,the method used has uncovered enough to warrant serious criminal charges being laid.  I detach myself from the personalities involved and have always been a believer in people looking at themselves in the mirror and not looking to blame others for their own actions.  I understand when personalities are involved, people get upset. Its just part of the process. Each to their own opinion

A disco biscuit. I've come across heaps of people on your so called disco biscuit, Never really had any issues with them,but i'm fully aware that can just be the start of a slippery slide to a deep hole and I've read the statistics and some studies about said drug. I've personally encountered many people on drugs and suffered assaults.I have seen it effect peoples judgment,so no I have no sympathy for those within the industry supplying or taking drugs. I believe those involved  have a responsibility to set better examples to those who look up to them .

Morals. I think that is an individual choice.      No,would be the simple answer to your question.   And that is exactly why oversight and integrity need to be policed so stringently.

List of criteria.  Your just deflecting from the issues.   You need to be even handed in questioning that.    I will say I"m  against race fixing and the use and supply of class a and b drugs. I also have no time for cheating.

Fair enough response......lets just see what transpires.

Few real facts have come out to date. There have been a number of scenarios thrown around re the betting dynamics .

In view of the confidence some have in the RIU and the number of hashed police enquiries over the years ,it could be a potent recipe.

The Police  were/are calling for more information around these people/incidents which became public before they should have.

The example of the horse Johnny White I heard it would win , hence I was not surprised when it was favourite on the day. Its form since has shown it may not be that good ,

Should I forward my information to the authorities?