RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
JJ Flash

Greg O'Conner

Just reading the local rag CHCH Star and front page story that Greg O could be key witness in racing inquiry. Article which i cant reproduce due to being useless at IT says he is not implicated but that he was interviewed by NOCG cops re bets placed which they believe were placed on behalf of 2 drivers allegedly involved in fixing races.One is already facing court proceedings and the other is expected to be interviewed when he returns from overseas.

The paper tried to contact GO at his home and office for comment but he did not return calls. His father did say however that GO had disconnected his phone because of "everything that is going on"

Neither Trackside,NZRB or Police would respond to Stars questions

Will they hold the NZ Cup on the second Tuesday or postpone till the court cases have finished, just asking because according to all harness social media Harness racing in NZ is finished. Can anyone tell me if thoroughbred racing in Australia closed down when Cassidy, Eades, and Moses fixed races in Sydney? As for Greg OConnor, some imbecile wrote last week he was arrested and off trackside did they get a stand-in to do Addington last Friday? How do you think that imbecile would react if someone posted on the media he was a Paedophile? 

26 minutes ago, Lee270744 said:

Will they hold the NZ Cup on the second Tuesday or postpone till the court cases have finished, just asking because according to all harness social media Harness racing in NZ is finished. Can anyone tell me if thoroughbred racing in Australia closed down when Cassidy, Eades, and Moses fixed races in Sydney? As for Greg OConnor, some imbecile wrote last week he was arrested and off trackside did they get a stand-in to do Addington last Friday? How do you think that imbecile would react if someone posted on the media he was a Paedophile? 

Aggressively

Often saw Mr O'Connor placing bets at Addington through the on-course tote, on nights that he was the on-course presenter for trackside. Never sat comfortable with me that.

I'm not questioning his integrity at all. However, I don't feel that presenters on trackside should be betting on races they are presenting, as they clearly can have an influence on betting patterns. They say one thing about a horse just before the race starts and the odds on that horse can drop like a stone.

I make up my own mind when making my selections, but others can, and are, easily influenced.

Wasn't he suspicious when others are asking him to bet for them? Will be interesting to see if they were doing a J Mac (betting on a horse the were driving) or a D Oliver (betting on a rival) and if it was the latter surely he should have been wary of WTF is going on

19 hours ago, Lee270744 said:

Was that Don re Greg O being arrested. Big difference between being interviewed and being arrested. Star article quite plainly says G O not implicated. One wonders what, if any,his involvement was re placing of bets

29 minutes ago, Fartoomuch said:

Was that Don re Greg O being arrested. Big difference between being interviewed and being arrested. Star article quite plainly says G O not implicated. One wonders what, if any,his involvement was re placing of bets

I don't see any crime in what he is alleged to have done, but not a good look (especially in his position) if the person asking him is breaking the rules.

Why wouldn't these people who are alleged to have placed these bets not done so through some distant relation not involved in the game. Just shows they are allegedly breaking the rules, and are pretty dumb as well. Makes Greg O look pretty stupid too if it is true. 

10 minutes ago, Spikecity said:

I don't see any crime in what he is alleged to have done, but not a good look (especially in his position) if the person asking him is breaking the rules.

Why wouldn't these people who are alleged to have placed these bets not done so through some distant relation not involved in the game. Just shows they are allegedly breaking the rules, and are pretty dumb as well. Makes Greg O look pretty stupid too if it is true. 

At present neither do NOCG re the crime part. Wonder if this potential rule change which is coming up for  a vote was in response to thise cases or just coincidence

"

Rule 50
Betting on Horseman’s Betting Account
(proposed by HRNZ Board)
Remit
Amend rule 505 by inserting a new sub
-
rule (4) which states:
(
)
For the purpose of th
is
rule a bet placed
on
a horseman’s betting account
shall be a bet
of the horseman
regardless of who placed the bet
Reason
The proposed change to
this rule is to clarify that any bet placed on the
account of a horseman
shall
be
deemed to belong to that horseman.

This was notified on HRNZ site in latter part of August

I know Greg from working with him and others at Addington years ago and would be surprised if he's that dumb...but you never know.

Clearly there is something there to make the Police interview him, and to suggest that he will be a "key witness" at the trials.

Guess we'll have to wait and see.

3 hours ago, Rusty said:

Dammit, I am really going to miss his suggested Pick 6's and quaddies, where it is suggested that one spends hundreds of dollars to try and get a percentage of NOTHING. 

You could always take Trevor Wilkes' Place Six combo, he recommends spending $100 to get a percentage of LESS THAN NOTHING

Now don’t be like that LongOwner please.

It appears all involved have been CHEATING! They knew exactly what they were doing. I suppose they just never expected to get caught. Those individuals throw the whole industry into disrepute. You can condone this behaviour and make all the excuses that you like to justify such behaviour. The reality is they rob owners, punters and the blood of the industry through their selfishness. Great they they will finally be brought to justice....eventually!!!

1 hour ago, Crackthewhip said:

Now don’t be like that LongOwner please.

It appears all involved have been CHEATING! They knew exactly what they were doing. I suppose they just never expected to get caught. Those individuals throw the whole industry into disrepute. You can condone this behaviour and make all the excuses that you like to justify such behaviour. The reality is they rob owners, punters and the blood of the industry through their selfishness. Great they they will finally be brought to justice....eventually!!!

IF and IF only they are proven guilty...just keep it real here please...yes there are some serious allegations but if the boot was on the other foot you would expect some form of innocence until proven guilty...take the mob mentality elsewhere... so much of what has been reported on other sites is total BBS ..they all have families and should all be assumed innocent at this stage...if and when that changes then its a different story...please just keep it to the facts for now...cheers Scooby.

3 hours ago, LongOwner said:

He is on a planned holiday - either way he is getting paid ! 

Not like  the unfair treatment of the others .

Maybe the United Nations can order the RIU to let them go back to work as they ruled a prisoner received $10k for been put in solatory .

No justice by RIU just a witch hunt .

Wasnt it the HRNZ who have imposed stand downs post charges being laid. I know they have the legal authority to do so until license rules.