RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Amati Nidol

Southern Harness

Southern Harness heads to the lightning Winton circuit on Saturday.

Really looking forward to the entertainment on course. I like to search for value, so make your own call on the merit of the more favoured runners.  Could go 0/5 here, but worth the risk.
Race 1. The workout version of Wayward Roc could win this. Worthy of each way respect at value.

Race 5. Paying way too much is Ay Boy. Would have won his last workout if he knew how to run the passing lane. 

Race 7. Ferrits Sister caught my eye last start. Really happy with the fixed odds. Is going for a penalty free win in the hands of John Morrison.

Race 8. Tiziano is an each way chance. Gore race pattern was terrible for her fast finish. A hot tempo at Winton is right up her alley at each way value. 

Race 9. Amabede wait for the tote odds. Made a huge step up in first go against the winners.  Tough assignment here, but willing to include it in multiples at spicy odds.

http://www.southlandharness.co.nz/tipspanel/Whattheysay/2
This website does a great job highlighting the Southern Harness industry.

On 9/9/2018 at 10:01 AM, Fartoomuch said:

A pass mark to this selector. 2 lasts , a 4th and 2 3rds. Both placegetters paid well, 4 and 5 dollars for a place

Yes - pass mark definitely.

When people select horses at longer odds you need to appreciate that a couple of places keeping you about square for the day (assuming EW bets at even stake) is fine. Every now and then get a win or two at odds etc

1 hour ago, chelseacol said:

Yes - pass mark definitely.

When people select horses at longer odds you need to appreciate that a couple of places keeping you about square for the day (assuming EW bets at even stake) is fine. Every now and then get a win or two at odds etc

Selecting longer odds horses is what will win the 2 big comps currently being run on here. $3 shots wont and the proof is in the leader board

Some Southerners head to Methven this week.
The Croupier is a serious race horse, that has been brilliantly prepared.  Stablemate of Amabede, which has gone from juicy odds in South to first pick at Methven.

On the radar is The Empress. She has been super impressive in her workouts and trials. Is a winner when she lines up.

Beautiful day in the South today to tune in to some races. Bookies look to have it bang on. Even fields but hard to find which ones are more likely to bring their big divvy storming home.

R8: Vera's Delight is back to a grade where she can dictate terms. Showed wicked gate speed at local workouts early in prep and if in the mood could lead, dictate, and be too fast.

R5: Stunin Joe does run on when there is a hot tempo. #1,4,10 will ensure tempo is on, so Joe could be running into the money at juicy odds. 

Interesting to see Anthony MacDonald drive. Adds that unknown element which makes racing all the more exciting. Anthony promotes harness racing as being the best product to corner the entertainment market, so I look to him to make his races entertaining today.

1 hour ago, Amati Nidol said:

Beautiful day in the South today to tune in to some races. Bookies look to have it bang on. Even fields but hard to find which ones are more likely to bring their big divvy storming home.

R8: Vera's Delight is back to a grade where she can dictate terms. Showed wicked gate speed at local workouts early in prep and if in the mood could lead, dictate, and be too fast.

R5: Stunin Joe does run on when there is a hot tempo. #1,4,10 will ensure tempo is on, so Joe could be running into the money at juicy odds. 

Interesting to see Anthony MacDonald drive. Adds that unknown element which makes racing all the more exciting. Anthony promotes harness racing as being the best product to corner the entertainment market, so I look to him to make his races entertaining today.

Vera suggestion is hard to fathom given who drives it , you never ever know with him

2 hours ago, Fartoomuch said:

Vera suggestion is hard to fathom given who drives it , you never ever know with him

I agree, used to be a fan of Brendon McCllelan but his driving is dreadful.   However the odd time he produces a good drive the horses go very well.  Should just use the good drivers down south and stick to training them.  A very good trainer

32 minutes ago, Booby Bec said:

I agree, used to be a fan of Brendon McCllelan but his driving is dreadful.   However the odd time he produces a good drive the horses go very well.  Should just use the good drivers down south and stick to training them.  A very good trainer

He'll be worth backing today. Now that you and FTM have bagged him the horse is sure to win!!

50 minutes ago, Thejanitor said:

He'll be worth backing today. Now that you and FTM have bagged him the horse is sure to win!!

Yeah exactly!!!  I do follow his horses as he's a very good horseman, but how he continually gets stuck 4 and 5 back along the fence astounds me.  Kind of like Richard Brosnan in the last decade

4 hours ago, Thejanitor said:

Great 2nd but not a winner. Maybe next time as drums were beating about it's chances today.

Sorry but he is in my opinion a very hard driver to follow and the RIU have had issues with him as well including a holiday after one Forbury shocker 

22 minutes ago, Fartoomuch said:

Great 2nd but not a winner. Maybe next time as drums were beating about it's chances today.

Sorry but he is in my opinion a very hard driver to follow and the RIU have had issues with him as well including a holiday after one Forbury shocker 

Good place price $4.80!!

Another exciting day of racing in the South. Be sure to study the race replays as there is sure to be a few luckless runners in strong fields that you can back next time.

Roughie #1: Jonny Cox at $23 in drivers challenge. He could drum up an early couple of placings and bring it home with The Croupier winning. (Worth $10 wager)

Roughie #2: Race 1, Linc N Elle on the tote. Was an eye-catcher running 10th. Is worth a place bet at the tote odds, with Tim in the bike.

Roughie #3: Race 4, Takenoprisoners is at a price that makes it a worthy risk. Not a fan of the favourite, so is a value race.

Multiplier: Race 2, The Empress has been prepared beautifully by Robin Swain. Looks a whole lot special. Is a field with talented adversaries though, so tote win dividend may be better.

43 minutes ago, Amati Nidol said:

Another exciting day of racing in the South. Be sure to study the race replays as there is sure to be a few luckless runners in strong fields that you can back next time.

Roughie #1: Jonny Cox at $23 in drivers challenge. He could drum up an early couple of placings and bring it home with The Croupier winning. (Worth $10 wager)

Roughie #2: Race 1, Linc N Elle on the tote. Was an eye-catcher running 10th. Is worth a place bet at the tote odds, with Tim in the bike.

Roughie #3: Race 4, Takenoprisoners is at a price that makes it a worthy risk. Not a fan of the favourite, so is a value race.

Multiplier: Race 2, The Empress has been prepared beautifully by Robin Swain. Looks a whole lot special. Is a field with talented adversaries though, so tote win dividend may be better.

I got a fax from a tipster down south saying Charlton Reactor in R3, do you know anything about it Amati

Really like the horse. Has had a similar prep to The Empress. Nicely conditioned by Shane and Lisa. Wears a bit of gear, but Winton track will be ideal. He has speed. 
Only reason I did not mention him above was the depth of the field. I am sure he is a winning chance

Competitive Southern racing at its best tomorrow. Some value can be found, hopefully these three can make it a profitable day. There are some nice favourites worth backing too.

Roughie #1: Really excited about R8: Cruisin Reuben. Raced Country Cups quality field last start. Big drop back and he has ample ability to knock these ones out. I like that Matty is tipping Groomsman. Should be genuine race tempo and gaps for Cruising Reuben to fly through late. I would have backed him at $8, so definite value at present.

Roughie #2: Stick with consistent Amabede in the Gold Chip Final R7. A couple are more talented but at near $10 mark he offers value for sure.

Roughie #3: Sweet Chilli in race three could bob up at almost $10 to place. Good workout and the money appeared to be on last start but she panicked. Is a nice even field, so check her out to see if she is one to follow for the season.

Aiming for Cup Week so very important step in that preparation. Very even field so cannot be confident about labelling one. Vin Scully is my first pick.

Ellnbac offers place value in race three.

Sheezus is place value behind Mr Handleman in race 5.

Rydgemont Milly EW value in race 7

On 10/13/2018 at 1:16 PM, Amati Nidol said:

Aiming for Cup Week so very important step in that preparation. Very even field so cannot be confident about labelling one. Vin Scully is my first pick.

Ellnbac offers place value in race three.

Sheezus is place value behind Mr Handleman in race 5.

Rydgemont Milly EW value in race 7

Anything for Riverton Cup day Amati??????

Hiya
Had a big day at work and didn't see a race live. Have now watched the replays. 

On first look, appeared to be a favourite oriented day. The conditions looked to take a couple of horses out of play.
I did take Roving Banker trifectas with my two roughies of the day- but missed both. Convair Hustler is a quality horse worth following. Veneto was my other, but parked was a bit tough, so she may get another chance in the right field.

On 11/4/2018 at 9:00 PM, Amati Nidol said:

Hiya
Had a big day at work and didn't see a race live. Have now watched the replays. 

On first look, appeared to be a favourite oriented day. The conditions looked to take a couple of horses out of play.
I did take Roving Banker trifectas with my two roughies of the day- but missed both. Convair Hustler is a quality horse worth following. Veneto was my other, but parked was a bit tough, so she may get another chance in the right field.

Hey Amati Nidol any southern raiders to keep an eye out for during cup week? Now that Chicago Bull is a non-starter! 

Hi Rusty
Yes usually an interesting proposition or two to come up from the South. I got excited and backed Luciano fixed odds couple of seasons ago. I got $50 for the win and he paid $90.

We will win one race over the carnival- Friday's South Of The Waitaki. Tact Maggie to blouse them late; Machs Back to work into it and set ridiculous tempo; Kilowatt Kid to grind into placings; Raksbet to complete the trifecta with a late run, having won at Wyndham on Sunday.

James Dean, Raksbet, Raffy Roo to win at Wyndham on Sunday.