RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Red Rum

Laytown

For those that have never seen it before Laytown is on trackside tonight for couple races, track always well watered in morning, on the beach , under rules, top trainers including international raiders from Jamie Osborne . It's different , and proves old traditions ain't arf good.

18 minutes ago, Catalano said:

Hi RR, I’ll be in the crowd today (then heading for the airport). Anything worth backing?

Great work Catalano, something real different. Osborne got huge raiding party so hard to know who to pick, has hit Laytown hard last few years  . All are new recruits to yard for this day. Tough picking , not much beach form to go on. I'd go Prosecution for Murtagh in first , Kody Ridge for Osbourne in second. Waqaas got two stone in hand in later race and wins but zero value in him. One to look  out for just out of interest for connection  to Melbourne spring is Togoville, he is a half brother to Caulfield Cup fav Kings Will Dream but clearly light years behind on ability.

But for a roll dice if I was there I'd have bit of an each way bash for bit of value in the last Guiding Star, 1 from 33 but ran close up Bellowstown over 5 furlongs behind the two fancied ones in today's race, if you could find a bit of 10s or better might give you a run at odds. It's a rough old field and delve deep there's a bit of form from time to time in its history.

Enjoy the Guiness by the sea.

Perfect! Thanks for that. I’m not sure we will make the first as we’re suffering the effects of an Irish send off, and we only dug ourselves out of bed about mid day. My aunt insists we can’t go anywhere until she’s fed us a fry up. 

Should have recovered sufficiently to have a last Guinness though.  

The missus was a bit sluggish so we missed the first two races, and I missed getting on the winner of the third, Florencio, but it paid nothing. 

Was on Waqaas and doubled the cash, going all up on a horse I backed at the Curragh, Caesar’s Comet. 

I was expecting 10’s but he’s at 5’s and lower with the bookies so I’ve gone on the tote. 

Great spot, huge crowd and a good days weather. 

Im off to the airport after this race. 

1 hour ago, Catalano said:

The missus was a bit sluggish so we missed the first two races, and I missed getting on the winner of the third, Florencio, but it paid nothing. 

Was on Waqaas and doubled the cash, going all up on a horse I backed at the Curragh, Caesar’s Comet. 

I was expecting 10’s but he’s at 5’s and lower with the bookies so I’ve gone on the tote. 

Great spot, huge crowd and a good days weather. 

Im off to the airport after this race. 

Big Irish fry up black/white pudding then races good combo. That Kody Ridge flew down that beach after throwing jock, probably still running now be hard to catch there.You got good value  Waqaas the  5/4 mark  , more than the 2/5 on the  morning line scrapped home though considering stones in hand but beach not Ascot. .Osbourne did well. That Caesar  Comets gave you a good run.

Caesars Comet will win one soon. Improving with every run. There was a wee stream running at right angles to the track at about the 300m and he seemed to hit it just at the wrong point of his stride and lose some momentum. But hard to argue the result. 

Clonakilty black pudding has me converted! Can we get it in NZ?

27 minutes ago, Catalano said:

Caesars Comet will win one soon. Improving with every run. There was a wee stream running at right angles to the track at about the 300m and he seemed to hit it just at the wrong point of his stride and lose some momentum. But hard to argue the result. 

Defo get good black pudding from decent butchers here  but not sure it can be imported with those ingrediants .it's a love it or hate it food.Saw that stream in first couple races shown here. Saw one  horse   called Coldstonesober  in 2nd race the claimer, was 12 years old and tailed off 10 strides into race, must have had a tag price in book  of a pint of guiness .

8 hours ago, Catalano said:

Hi Catalano, looks like a great trip you are having. Blackball Salami Co. Ltd make great black and white puddings. We buy their brand through Wholly Cow butchery in Grey Street Hamilton, and they are also in Cambridge. Cheers.