RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Crackthewhip

Police Raids

Latest from NZ Herald after Police press conference:

* This has been an ongoing Investigation into alleged Race Fixing by the National Organised Crime Group and the RIU since April 2017

* Charges later today with a number of people appearing in court later this week 

* Further Arrests and Charges in the coming week

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=12119070

3 minutes ago, richie said:

Police investigation has been ongoing since March last year and evidence includes phone calls,emails and bank transfers

A potential clean out in the industry but all are currently innocent until proven guilty. One of the highlights of living in  a democracy.

30 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

Apologies Scoobie but thats the point my post was supposed to make. You have 1 person saying BO had been arrested and then another big fan Hunter saying Orange and McGrath were clear

The truth will come out thats for certain...if you can't prove it done post it but once whatever the outcome is..then its fine to post...cheers.

10 minutes ago, richie said:

I have also heard that a certain Canterbury trainer who had a bit of success at Manawatu has been implicated

Careful Richie , implicated and guilty are two different outcomes.

It would be helpful to the whole industry if the arrested were named ASAP so as not to tarnish the reputations of the many  innocent parties out there in Harness racing

8 minutes ago, richie said:

I have also heard that a certain Canterbury trainer who had a bit of success at Manawatu has been implicated

Lets get the facts out first... cheers Richie I dont want innuendo and rumour out there these people are all innocent until proven otherwise...

3 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Wonder how far this is going to reach....?

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=12119070

I'd be surprised if Graham Beirne is involved in this...makes enough through Chevron dealership in Christchurch.

Not forgetting his pension and winter heating payment.

Surprised that no one has come up with a potential conspiracy theory. Greyhound Trainer gets large fine last week,Mesarra gallops report comes out and now this raid turns up  race fixing allegations in Harness races

Surely its just coincidental given how long the investigation has been going on

Just now, gubellini said:

Seems to me that the RIU has been asleep at the wheel. If so heads should roll.

How so - if the information was passed onto Police and an investigation ongoing for the last 18 months, surely the RIU has been doing their job?

23 minutes ago, Taku Umanga said:

How so - if the information was passed onto Police and an investigation ongoing for the last 18 months, surely the RIU has been doing their job?

Surely whoever was investigated 18 months ago would not be silly enough to keep a shady operation going after the warning back then! 

2 minutes ago, MisterEd said:

Surely whoever was investigated 18 months ago would not be silly enough to keep a shady operation going after the warning back then! 

I don't think they knew they were under police investigation

26 minutes ago, richie said:

Dexter house has been searched and computer taken.Apparently he will be initially interviewed by USA authoritys

Would he be elligible to plead the fifth at an interview cos in nz he would have the right to silence which is the stance each and every one charged should adopt